Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-02-2001, 02:59 PM #1
Target01
Oops!, Sorry Ref.

has been a member for 10 years
Pennsylvania Players.........

Does anybody know if their are any fields around Lancaster....Does anyone live in Lancaster that plays...????.....
If their are fields around their how close are they????
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-10-2001, 10:24 PM #2
FOXTART
T-2-2 needs a Q

well, the only place to play in Lancaster would have to be ambush. or if you dont mind traveling early in the morning foxhole.
As far as i know theres a couple people on pbnation who live in lancaster. where do you live in lancaster i live up in Lititz.
Old 06-11-2001, 11:52 AM #3
Target01
Oops!, Sorry Ref.

I am visiting Lancaster, and I did check out Ambush the other day, and I am gonna check out Foxhole and ski roundtop later in the week.
Later
Old 06-11-2001, 07:34 PM #4
Stickineye

Pa players are the best

list I live in Pa I have played everywhere command post, skirmish,emr, jack frost and my favorite back yard games here in peckville any players around here let's play contact me and you could play team revolt an up and coming team who has played a few tournaments and well we are still playing hard and for you paintballers who love to gamble we sometimes play cards after we play nothing really big but we like to play poker

Rt automag with the works
Old 06-18-2001, 06:15 PM #5
SenorFartman

is any of that near york?
Old 09-03-2001, 03:18 AM #6
CDietz

im going to be playing at ambush for their scenario thing and we play a foxole all he time. we are trying to play a tourney at ski roun top too. if any of you ever want to play us email me sometime and ill be glad to play. cvalbino@aol.com

i go to cumberland valley high school if any of you are familiar with it. i live in carlisle/mechanicsburg (westside of harrisburg). well cya later
Old 09-03-2001, 09:39 PM #7
mighty mace
TeAm NiNja StYle

mighty mace is a Supporting Member
mighty mace is a founding member
Hey we play at foxhole all the time as well...Played in the last couple tourneys there, if you hear of any other ones that are coming up, at ambush, jack frost, or anywhere else nearby, let me know too.

i'm from annville.....
Old 09-05-2001, 01:25 AM #8
khand187
Banned

Mace Int'l Paintball, too.
Old 09-09-2001, 12:29 AM #9
fw190lanc
What's an Osama???

fw190lanc is a founding member
Yeah, I live in E-town. I've been going to Ambush since 1990. I've been to Foxhole a couple of times as well. I had wanted to try Sgt. York's, but they just disappeared and no one seems to have opened a field in their place. What is Revolution Paintball at Ski Round Top like? Anyone ever try Pickett's Charge paintball in Middletown? I tried to find them once and couldn't!
My next game day will be the Scenario Day down at Ambush. I was there last year and had a blast!
Tippmann 98 Custom; 12" black CP one-piece barrel; 32 degrees RVA; Palmer female Stabilizer with ring mount;32 degrees coiled remote; Redz FlexTech 4+1 halfpack; green V-Force Shield; RT Kit; LP Valve, LP Chamber, & drilled out hammer
Old 09-09-2001, 11:56 AM #10
FOXTART
T-2-2 needs a Q

I think im reffing at this years scenario game at ambush
lapco drop forward
should be gettin a freak soon...i hope
Old 09-09-2001, 01:59 PM #11
mighty mace
TeAm NiNja StYle

when is the scenario game? I never was at one, and about how much do they cost to enter?
Old 09-09-2001, 07:25 PM #12
FOXTART
T-2-2 needs a Q

its on the 29th of sept. umm i think $20 is the field fee
lapco drop forward
should be gettin a freak soon...i hope
Old 09-10-2001, 08:51 AM #13
fw190lanc
What's an Osama???

It's Sept. 29 and it is a $25 field fee. They have unlimited CO2 fills, and slightly lower paint prices. It's limited to the first 140 people who sign up. The deadline to sign up is Sept. 14, if it isn't already filled up.

It has two teams, each divided into squads of 6-8 players. Each squad has a squad leader (worth more points if hit). Some squads also have saboteurs or engineers. There is also a sniper on each team (with guillie suit and very accurate rifle). Each team also has a mortar, bazooka, and a tank. You will also find grenades (for purchase), smoke grenades (used by refs to break loose stalemates), and land mines.

This years theme is that everyone has been shrunk and placed inside the body of one Mr. Paul Reubens. One team must try to save him. The other team must try to destroy him.
Tippmann 98 Custom; 12" black CP one-piece barrel; 32 degrees RVA; Palmer female Stabilizer with ring mount;32 degrees coiled remote; Redz FlexTech 4+1 halfpack; green V-Force Shield; RT Kit; LP Valve, LP Chamber, & drilled out hammer
Old 09-12-2001, 10:35 PM #14
psychotrip
blue chips playa

I'll give you the rundown on the fields in my area (which appears to be around the area most of you are from).
Foxhole, Linglestown- Used to be an alright field, but now it changed owners and it's becoming a great field. They just put in an awesome new hyperball field that is capable of playing 10 man on, an ultimate air field that you can play 3 or 5 man on, and apparantly theres a 5 man sup' air field on the way. They have a booster that can fill to 4500. Good for walk ons because there's usually a lot of misc people there on the weekends that you can jump in with. If you have a team it's a good place to get a practice set up because a couple of teams go there and practice. The home team practices there twice a week. If you wanna practice there call the store and I'm sure you can set something up. They sell rps and diablo paint there. Pretty good prices.
Ski roundtop (Revolution), Lewisberry- Every once and awhile some good teams show up here to practice, but that seems to be pretty rare nowadays. They have a sup' air field and thats about it. They have a compressor that can easily fill to 4500. Not very good for walkons because nobody really goes there except private groups. They sell team colors and proball. Pretty good prices.
Global, Allentown- Global has great hyperball and sup' air fields and it's a popular place for good teams to go and practice. Global is the home of the Philadelphia eclipse. I'd say global's the best place in Pa to go and practice 10 man. They have a booster that can fill to 4500. I don't know what the deal with their rec play is, I just go their for the team practices, which it's great for. They sell team colors and have good prices.

I'm really tired and don't feel like typing anymore. I might add some more fields at a later date. I don't think anybody cares what I have to say anyway though.
Old 09-13-2001, 09:13 AM #15
fw190lanc
What's an Osama???

Yeah, I had heard that Foxhole had changed owners. Please allow me to explain my position on Foxhole. The first time I went to Foxhole was with a private group of 20 people, which I had booked. The vast majority of the people had to use rental guns because they were new to the sport. Many of the people went through 2-3 markers (one person 4!) that day because of constant breakdowns. I know that players are hard on rental equipment, but this turned many of the new players off to the sport. The markers had the cocking handles and safeties stripped out of them! This means that the markers were always ready to fire. I know they had barrel plugs, but I still feel this is unsafe.

Another time, I played there with a couple of friends. We all had our own equipment, so I didn't have to worry about rentals. At the beginning of the day, they pointed out the chrono and said that you could go over and set your gun to the field limit of 285 fps. My friends and myself went over and proceeded to chrony our markers. However, we were the exception. Few other players visited the chrono before the game, and no one was at the chrono to verify the people who did. As the day wore on, I was often marked by the people who had not gone to the chrono to check their speed. I've played paintball since 1990, and have never had welts like I had that day. I am 99% certain that several of the markers were shooting hot. I would have preferred that at least some effort be made to regulate the velocity of the paintball.

Don't get me wrong, I like the fields they have. I like that they have the store with it's proshop only a mile or so away. And, I did have an enjoyable day every time Ive gone there. I know I will go there again in the future. But, I think they at least need to work on the safety aspect. I've seen that they have purchased some new field rental guns. The people I saw using them said that they didn't have any problems with them. So, they are making an effort to improve their operation. However, I would like to see a more organized, concerted attempt to control the velocities experienced on the field. I understand that cheating will always occur. But a little effort would be appreciated.

If I were to bring a newby to a game at Foxhole, and he were shot a point blank range by a gun shooting at 350 fps, he probably wouldn't want to play again. Some people might tell him to "quit whining" or such. Now, consider if the player was a 10-12 year old kid. How would you feel If you just saw a first time kid player get lit up at point blank range? Sorry, I've complained long enough. I don't want to bad mouth Foxhole, cause they are a good local field. However, I would prefer a little more safety consciousness.

Last edited by fw190lanc : 09-13-2001 at 09:22 AM.
Old 09-13-2001, 04:23 PM #16
mighty mace
TeAm NiNja StYle

Every time I have played at the Foxhole both rec ball and tournaments......we chrono our markers before the day, and their is a ref on hand on the chrono station as well. Were you there at the field early or after people arrived, maybe people had already chronoed in.
Old 09-13-2001, 08:19 PM #17
fw190lanc
What's an Osama???

I was at the chrono as soon as it was set up, when there were already 30-40 people in attendance. In fact, the staff simply placed the chrono out and walked away. Myself and a few other player who were there had to set it up and turn it on. We had to fix a loose connection with the battery to use it. 10-15 minutes after it was set up, we received our safety lecture and proceeded to our first game. Also, at no time did they have any staff at the chrono to check what velocity people were shooting.

At the other field I play at, Ambush paintball, everyone is required to chrono their marker immediately after the safety lecture, with a ref at each of the chronos. The markers are mandatorially checked again following the lunch break.

Don't get me wrong, even players at Ambush could turn up their velocity after they leave the chrony area. But, it seemed that they made some effort to regulate the velocity. Maybe with the introduction of the new handheld chronies, there will be more spot checks of safety. You can't solely blame the fields. It is up to each individual to maintain safe playing habits. My friends and myself all check our velocity now. I know one time a few years ago when I played a game at Foxhole with my old F4, my velocity was probably too high. I suspect this because the next time I played was at Ambush, with similar playing conditions (ie. weather, humidity,etc.). When I was required to check my gun at Ambush, it was shooting in the 350 range. I lowered the velocity as much as possible and it still wouldn't go under 320. I was made to use a rental for the entire day! When I had previously used the gun at Foxhole, I was never required to check the gun. Hell, the chrono was never mentioned or pointed out. No one knew where it was located. *** I *** should have insisted on checking my marker, but I didn't. They do however enforce the rules on goggles vigorouly. I have seen them deny allowing a person to play because they had an inadequate mask (one that covered the entire face, but not the ears or side of the head).

I will play at Foxhole again. I will check my marker. But, unless I notice a change in there policy regarding velocity check, I will not schedule a game day for people to try paintball for the first time. I'll invite some of the more experienced players to attend because they aren't as likely to be jaded against the sport by receiving a few hard hits.

I understand your views of Foxhole. It is a very nice field. Maybe I just caught them on a bad day once or twice, these things happen. If the next time I go there, things are different, I will be more than happy to "sing their praises" and would probably being playing there more frequently. I would post in this forum stating that they are a great field, and would recommend them to most anyone who would ask. It is just that I am wary of giving new players "horror stories" to tell their friends and scaring them away from trying the sport.

Last edited by fw190lanc : 09-13-2001 at 08:22 PM.
Old 09-13-2001, 08:28 PM #18
fw190lanc
What's an Osama???

Sorry Target01 for ranting and raving about Foxhole. If you are an experienced player, give em a try. I particularly like their trench field. Go to www.foxholepaintball.com for more info.

mighty mace, I don't want to sound like I'm putting Foxhole down. I am simply trying to voice my own personal concerns.
Old 09-13-2001, 08:47 PM #19
mighty mace
TeAm NiNja StYle

oh yea, you are totally welcome to do that, you didn't offend me at all, I haven't played at other fields enough to compare their safety precautions to others, i was just saying that when I am down there, their is a chrono to use, and refs are walking around the area, they might not be checking you out, but if you shoot over 300, it lets out a long beep and then you grab their attention. I believe its the individuals own responsibility to make sure they are shooting under 300fps, for everyones sake, just as you have mentioned.
Old 09-14-2001, 12:47 AM #20
PhantomJM

Question

I haven't been able to play since early spring (Damn 18 wheeler... ouch) and I'm hoping to start playing again soon. The last time I played, it was at The Foxhole. How much have they improved the field since the spring? The last time I was there, the village was knocked down on one side of the field, many of the bunkers on other fields were falling apart, and the place was a bit in general disrepair. What is the place like under the new management? Have they improved the fields at all? What kinds of changes if any have they made since Don left? I tried checking out their web site. The problem is, it hasn't been updated since before Don left.
Old 09-14-2001, 03:08 PM #21
mighty mace
TeAm NiNja StYle

It is getting alot better, the field "2 story" is no longer with us. Their is a great hyperball field they built with black sewer pipe material you see used in alot of other fields. "the village" field has a heck of alot of bunkers now, they used some of the ones from 2 story in the village so their is almost too many, but its still a fun field. Last weekend the airball field was set up for rec ball which is good, because you usually only get to play it during the tournaments. Their is also a food vendor there so you have a wider variety of stuff to eat for lunch, instead of just hot dogs and soda. Its getting alot better, priced went up 5 dollars for paint so it is 70 a case. They now carry PMI and Diablo paint. I don't mind paying the extra 5 dollars a case as long as things continue to improve. The better it gets, the more people will come to play, the better the tourneys will get and in the long run, we'll all benefit more.