PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-09-2007, 11:42 PM #1
TSIN

help with the nme

hey this may be a really noob question but i just got in to highend guns, well i just got a my nme, i aired it up to test t it and noticed that when i shot that the needle in the guage on the side of the gun was moving around from like 80 psi to 70 psi. I dont think that is normal, and also it seems to have very low velocity, I also had a full tank and a brand new battery when i first aired it up. Thanks for the help
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-10-2007, 12:04 AM #2
magman687
cocker tech

mine does that to about 5 psi. i think it is normal or we could both just have our reg's not set right lol and about the fps what is your dwell at around 8-11 is good for most ppl to low and it will make you shoot at low fps. if it isnt that most likely you need to adjust your HPR.

hope this helps a bit cya.
"You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last nite, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next 3 minutes, this is your heaven on earth."

your heart never dies...but your body does.
for cocker help go to http://magman68.tripod.com
Old 08-10-2007, 02:39 AM #3
loser555

is your tank a /3000 or hp by any chance? i had this issue but i solved it by switching to a 68/4500 lp tank
Old 08-10-2007, 02:42 AM #4
James_Haun (Banned)

Yeah, NME's do suck like that. The regs are not all that high flowing. If you would like check out my thread. Its the NME Help Thread and I am sure it would help you out. If you set your regs right, and get your dwell right, it should only fluctuate about 5ish psi. But 80 to 70 isn't to bad, just could be better. Well check out the thread, I am looking for newer quesitons to post in it so I can help more peeps out. Hope I helped.

NOTE: I have heard that people have problems with HP tanks. I haven't had one yet, but you may give that a try like loser suggested.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:43 AM #5
magman687
cocker tech

^^^^^^ its a great thread it will help you im sure.

and yeah alot of ppl have trouble using hp but then there are some lucky 1 who dont (im lucky) but i still got a LP tank anyways.
"You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last nite, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next 3 minutes, this is your heaven on earth."

your heart never dies...but your body does.
for cocker help go to http://magman68.tripod.com
Old 08-10-2007, 08:50 PM #6
cynikaleyes

has been a member for 10 years
also there is air in motion across that gauge, the psi with drop some. if you had a volumnizer between the reg and gauge you wouldnt notice
Old 08-10-2007, 11:02 PM #7
TSIN

thanks alot guys for the help, i took it out today and changed the dwell and also changed the ram orings and the gun shot ace's.