My Ego Bolt Project, AKA The Kore bolt. - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

 
Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-08-2007, 04:10 PM #1
Paradox313
sXe *****es
 
Paradox313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hapland!
My Ego Bolt Project, AKA The Kore bolt.

Well I wanted to do a bolt project to make stock ego bolts into cure bolts, and a killa bolt combined.

What the cure bolt does, is it's a shorter bolt, and never chops.
The Killa bolt has a custom bolt pin(lighter), and huge slots for the detents so you don't wear them as much.
I don't own a Killa bolt, but that is what I read on them

My bolt has the same features as both, minus the lighter bolt pin (I plan to make one soon), and a much shorter than the cure.

Each bolt I made took about 2-3 hours each using:
A knife
Sand Paper

My dad does have a bansaw, but I felt like using my hands.

'05 Bolt on top (Killa Features, and never chops. Tested with ramping, not one chop).
Cure in the middle
Etek on the bottom(Killa and Cure features. Not tested, but will soon.)



'05 forward


'05 Back


Cure Back


Etek bolt all the way back. There is a little bit showing, will get rid of soon.


Well that's pretty much what I did.

I'm going to further modify the '05 bolt to make the spring in the front, rather than the back. Shouldn't take long, all I have to do is drill a little bit.

Also I give all the credit to Planet Eclipse, and Killa Products for making the bolts.
Paradox313 is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-08-2007, 04:34 PM #2
crzypntballer
paintball is gay
 
crzypntballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Rep tha 631
those bolts are fugly but get a vid up of them shootin. i might have to try this.
crzypntballer is offline  
Old 08-08-2007, 06:29 PM #3
Paradox313
sXe *****es
 
Paradox313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hapland!
true they're ugly, but the '05 is pretty good. Alot of kick in the 05 though.
Paradox313 is offline  
Old 08-08-2007, 07:17 PM #4
destroyer125
125 Customizer!
 
destroyer125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: East of the STL
destroyer125 is a Supporting Member
In my opinion, all you did was ruin 3 bolts. My guess is now you will have massive blowback/ loss in effecienty because half the gas goes up the feedneck instead of the breach.

Last edited by destroyer125 : 08-08-2007 at 07:23 PM.
destroyer125 is offline  
Old 08-08-2007, 07:31 PM #5
Paradox313
sXe *****es
 
Paradox313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hapland!
I didn't do anything to the cure.

Plus it cost $17 for both bolts, so it's not so bad.
Paradox313 is offline  
Old 08-08-2007, 09:11 PM #6
hunter120891
 
 
hunter120891's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
hunter120891 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer125 View Post
In my opinion, all you did was ruin 3 bolts. My guess is now you will have massive blowback/ loss in effecienty because half the gas goes up the feedneck instead of the breach.

agreed.
and an ego shouldnt chop anyways.
hunter120891 is offline  
Old 08-08-2007, 09:15 PM #7
rrdude
Witty Comment
 
rrdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Indianapolis
sooo you sanded some bolts down and called it a project?
__________________
RHS 08

Purdue 12
rrdude is offline  
Old 08-08-2007, 09:31 PM #8
Paradox313
sXe *****es
 
Paradox313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hapland!
And I forgot to mention that this was just testing the waters, and seeing if I could actually do it.

And as for calling it a project, that's what PE does to make their cure bolts, cept they use machinery.
I felt like doing this, with the addition of a cheaper way to have a "Cure" type bolt.
Paradox313 is offline  
Old 08-08-2007, 09:35 PM #9
GottaLoveEgo's
BOSS
 
GottaLoveEgo's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: 734
GottaLoveEgo's helped look for balloons
everyone has done some of this stuff to their ego bolts
its not rare

Cool i guess

you should dremmel the rest of the back of the ego5 bolt off
__________________
I want to buy...
Full setup to get back in the game!
GottaLoveEgo's is offline  
Old 08-08-2007, 09:37 PM #10
Stewdogg
 
 
Stewdogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
The Kila uses a magnet to reduce kick, the larger detents slot is there to work in conjunction with the Kila magnetic detents for less wear, no real bonus for stock detents. And the Cure mainly uses the O-rings as a bumper to be gentler on the balls. And increase efficiency. Both have stepped/ramped airways for smoother airflow to be gentler on paint.

Nothing you did to the bolt matches any of the performance increases of either bolt. All you did as destroyer mentioned is decreased efficiency.

Also keep in mind making the bolt lighter means you need to turn up your pressure on your marker to counteract the fact that the rammer will not have the momentum to hold the valve open as long to reach the proper FPS. So you've basically made a bolt that increases pressure (harder on paint) and decreases effeciency.

Not quite the same as a Kila and Cure combined. Better lucknext time

You might want to try taking the rammer out of the EGo. It will make the gun lighter!!!
Stewdogg is offline  
Old 08-08-2007, 10:58 PM #11
outkast kid
 
 
outkast kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Philadelphia
outkast kid is a Paintball photographer
I don't get why you did it. You own an ego6, obviously theres no shortage of money to buy whatever you want. Its us guys who have to put money in the bank and save who usually end up doing the ghetto-fabs.
outkast kid is offline  
Old 08-08-2007, 11:03 PM #12
Tweak1029
Exactly
 
Tweak1029's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox313 View Post
(Killa Features, and never chops. Tested with ramping, not one chop).
Do egos chop so bad that a test with ramping will prove that your new bolt is better than the stock one? It looks somewhat inefficient too. Egos must really suck, I can go out and play with my ion on ramping all day long and never chop once.
__________________
Originally Posted by P8nt Balla89
"it seems like there is an excess of milling that would make it heavier"


Feedback
Cybernations players go here.
HOT PORN
Tweak1029 is offline  
Old 08-08-2007, 11:04 PM #13
NoXi
I'm cool :D
 
NoXi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Nor*Cal
maybe he has a job?
__________________

RIP Joe Pass
:tup: I did it for the Lulz : 4/6/08 , 07:47 PM
NoXi is offline  
Old 08-08-2007, 11:09 PM #14
outkast kid
 
 
outkast kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Philadelphia
outkast kid is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoXi View Post
maybe he has a job?
I'm not trying to start an argument or go OT here, so I'll just keep it short. I make 300-400 bucks a week over the summer and currently have enough money to buy 3 ego7's, but that doesn't mean I can. I'm going to be at college in a year, and personally I'd rather have money to live on my own than starve with my expensive paintball gun. When I see people who can throw around 1000+ dollars on paintball guns like they were buying groceries, it doesn't make me feel sympathetic for them when they suddenly have no cash for other stuff.

As stated before in other posts, I think the mod was a bad idea. Eclipse sells egos every year for thousands of dollars, they shouldn't need any ups or mods, especially of the ghetto variety.

Last edited by outkast kid : 08-08-2007 at 11:13 PM.
outkast kid is offline  
Old 08-08-2007, 11:54 PM #15
Paradox313
sXe *****es
 
Paradox313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hapland!
For the record, I'm not saying it's the best bolt out there. I'm just saying if you have the time, and an after market bolt, might as well tinker around with the stock.
Also I haven't checked the efficiency. Didn't play long enough to even go through 300 balls. But when I did shoot it, it was acting much like my Cure, though I didn't check the chrono.

And to answer what outkast kid said, my ego came with the Cure, and I bought the two stock bolts for $17 total. I wanted to see if it was possible. Planet Eclipse sells the Egos for thousands of dollars, because their worth that much, it doesn't mean they're the absolute best gun out there.

Tweak1029 Please don't comment that Ego's suck and your Ion is better, it makes you look like an *** is what it does.
Paradox313 is offline  
Old 08-09-2007, 12:58 AM #16
Quackers..
....
 
Quackers..'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Long Island, Ny
Quackers.. supports Cereal Killerz 2
Quackers.. owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quackers.. has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Didn't you learn for the 3 threads you made in the ego forums?
Quackers.. is offline  
Old 08-09-2007, 01:20 AM #17
Paradox313
sXe *****es
 
Paradox313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hapland!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackers.. View Post
Didn't you learn for the 3 threads you made in the ego forums?
Actually it was 5 due to no one would help me.
Point is I made it, and well it worked. Partially I still haven't tested the efficiency yet.
Paradox313 is offline  
Old 08-09-2007, 01:23 AM #18
Laius
OBEY THE MAY
 
Laius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: KO's bushes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox313 View Post
Actually it was 5 due to no one would help me.
Point is I made it, and well it worked. Partially I still haven't tested the efficiency yet.
No, IIRC (which I do) you were being a whiny little puss who got all pissed off when someone made a post that you didn't deem helpful enough. Then you proceeded to report those people.

And after all that, you come up with something that kinda makes us wish we had helped you.
Laius is offline  
Old 08-09-2007, 10:19 AM #19
leed
Moderator
 
leed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Raleigh, NC
leed is a Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewdogg View Post
The Kila uses a magnet to reduce kick, the larger detents slot is there to work in conjunction with the Kila magnetic detents for less wear, no real bonus for stock detents. And the Cure mainly uses the O-rings as a bumper to be gentler on the balls. And increase efficiency. Both have stepped/ramped airways for smoother airflow to be gentler on paint.

Nothing you did to the bolt matches any of the performance increases of either bolt. All you did as destroyer mentioned is decreased efficiency.

Also keep in mind making the bolt lighter means you need to turn up your pressure on your marker to counteract the fact that the rammer will not have the momentum to hold the valve open as long to reach the proper FPS. So you've basically made a bolt that increases pressure (harder on paint) and decreases effeciency.

Not quite the same as a Kila and Cure combined. Better lucknext time

You might want to try taking the rammer out of the EGo. It will make the gun lighter!!!
Explain to me how a Magnet in your bolt will reduce kick?

Lighter reciprocating mass simply requires a lighter spring.. Problem solved. But why do it in the first place if you have to replace everything in the lower tube? Less kick.

To whomever said that it would be less efficient, is not necessarily correct. First of all, how does one get blowback? Because the bolt doesn't fit well. this is not entirely correct. What's most important, is that the bolt fits well where the air enters the bolt. Where is this? Where that giant hole on the bottom is. From the looks of it, he hasn't touched that spot as far as shaving it down goes. So, if it's just like stock, and the front end is tapered a little, there is nothing to worry about as far as blowback goes. If it has blowback, it is most likely because the bolt didn't fit in the first place.

One thing you need to do, however, raise the airflow of the bolt. Widen the front port a little bit to allow for more unrestricted flow.

You really shouldn't be raining on Paradox's parade because he want's to help other people save themselves ~30 dollars. He has creativity, which, as it seems, some of you are lacking.
__________________
This.
leed is offline  
Old 08-09-2007, 02:38 PM #20
Surfonaguitar
It's how we Survive...
 
Surfonaguitar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Chalfont, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by outkast kid View Post
I don't get why you did it. You own an ego6, obviously theres no shortage of money to buy whatever you want. Its us guys who have to put money in the bank and save who usually end up doing the ghetto-fabs.
He (or his parents) used it buying the ego.

Anyways you should never sand delrin, always cut it. Otherwise it gets all fuzzy as you can see in the pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leed View Post
To whomever said that it would be less efficient, is not necessarily correct. First of all, how does one get blowback? Because the bolt doesn't fit well. this is not entirely correct. What's most important, is that the bolt fits well where the air enters the bolt. Where is this? Where that giant hole on the bottom is. From the looks of it, he hasn't touched that spot as far as shaving it down goes. So, if it's just like stock, and the front end is tapered a little, there is nothing to worry about as far as blowback goes. If it has blowback, it is most likely because the bolt didn't fit in the first place.
Blowback also occurs if the board is set to open too close to when the firing point occurred. But your are still right in the fact that if the bolt doesn't have a good seal it will blow back. It can be caused by a lot of things, only adding to the list here.
__________________
Altius ibunt qui as summa nituntur.
~ Go/XSV ~

Surfonaguitar is offline  
Old 08-09-2007, 02:53 PM #21
Paradox313
sXe *****es
 
Paradox313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hapland!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfonaguitar View Post
He (or his parents) used it buying the ego.

Anyways you should never sand delrin, always cut it. Otherwise it gets all fuzzy as you can see in the pics.



Blowback also occurs if the board is set to open too close to when the firing point occurred. But your are still right in the fact that if the bolt doesn't have a good seal it will blow back. It can be caused by a lot of things, only adding to the list here.
As for me buying the Ego, I recieved a Shocker for my birthday, and from there I added cash or gear to recieve the Ego.

It's not fuzz, it's just really scratched from the sandpaper (which is smooth), which gives off the light fuzzy look.

Now I have a small idea of what your talking about regarding the blowback, but I'm going to solve this soon.
Paradox313 is offline  
 




Posting Rules
Forum Jump