PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-12-2004, 07:51 PM #1
TomServo

has been a member for 10 years
Dragun Full Function Problems

Well I was out at the field Sunday and as soon as I screw in my HPA tank the ASA starts leaking air out of the vent hole in the bottom. I thought I killed an o-ring so I replaced it, same thing. Tried another o-ring just to be sure, still venting.

I took a C02 tank one of my buddies had and tried that, still venting. Uh oh, I have no idea why it is doing this. It has been working fine for the past couple months. If I screw the tank in more it just vents more air, lots of air.

I put a bolt o-ring on the tank and it sealed it but it wouldn't allow me to screw the tank into the ASA fully, so my recharge rates sucked all day. any ideas?

I have checked the ASA for any defects and can find none, it is really frustrating.

Actually after thinking about it, I might as well just replace the stock reg, drop and ASA with something new. Any recommendations?, it is still high pressure and I don't know what would be a good reg for it. I would like to get an Drop/ASA with an on/off valve so if anyone has any advice it would really help me out.

Also, is it easy to replace all of the fittings, or should I take it to the shop and get it done?
  • MacDev Sonic LPR
  • MacDev Red Valve

Last edited by TomServo : 01-12-2004 at 07:54 PM.
Old 01-13-2004, 07:53 AM #2
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
[NA]WARLORD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[NA]WARLORD supports Empire
OK, I havent had a stock asa on any of my Dragun's in quite some time, if you look at the face of the ASA, does the thing in the middle appear solid or a screw ? If it's a screw then screw it in 1/4 of a turn incrimants, it sounds like it may have loosened and is depressing the pin valve on your tank prematurely. If it is solid, I have an old school trick to temp fix the problem, just take a bottle oring, drop it in the asa first, before you screw in the bottle, this usually will seal it.

Lastly, judging by your sig, I see you have a PMI tank. Unfortunately, they have one of the worst preset regs on the market. I would take the tank to a proshop and have the valve disassembled and regreased, some shops wont do it, so you may have to take it to a Gas Supply shop.
Old 01-13-2004, 08:04 PM #3
TomServo

Thanks for the reply Warlord. The nipple in the ASA is solid and I understand what you are saying, I will try and put an o-ring inside the ASA and see if that works.

It is almost like the o-ring is catching on something and maybe getting pinched inside the ASA. I say this because I cannot fully screw in the tank. Anyway I was thinking about getting a new ASA and drop anyway so I am hoping that will fix my problem. I will let you know if that trick works.

• MacDev Sonic LPR
  • MacDev Red Valve
Old 01-17-2004, 02:18 PM #4
TomServo

Hey Warlord thanks for the tip. I pulled the tank o-ring off and droped it inside the ASA. It works fine like that but I still don't know why it is leaking when I leave the o-ring on the tank.

At least this will get me through a couple of weekends until I go to the Pomona expo and buy and new reg and drop for my gun.

Thanks for the help again.

-Joe
  • MacDev Sonic LPR
  • MacDev Red Valve
Old 01-17-2004, 05:22 PM #5
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
[NA]WARLORD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[NA]WARLORD supports Empire
I hope you left an oring on the tank too, lol. I meant use an extra oring in the asa.