Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-06-2007, 01:49 PM #1
skater454
Unforgivable.

has been a member for 10 years
Piranha R6 problems.

Hey, I read the stickies but they aren't really matching up with this gun unless something is wrong. It's been a while since I've had to fix a spyder clone or whatever.

Main problem is air coming down the barrel. I have no clue what it is. I took the valve stem? out and it looked ok. It has no orings on it, but there is a spring, the stem with a black rubber part on it, and a gold star thing. Is this right? What do you think it could be? I put a new oring on the hammer too, but it's still leaking down the barrel.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-06-2007, 02:41 PM #2
ThatGuy?

i had the same problem with my EVO when i forst got it....just check you bolt orings and align the ridge on the bolt with the detent
Old 08-06-2007, 08:36 PM #3
Dead_Body

OK, basics here....

Are you cocking it before hooking up the air source? If not then do that.

If it's still leaking and the black cupseal (that "rubber" thing you found) may be damaged or the Orings on the valve may be blown or the brass valve retainer screw may be too tight.

If it's not that you're not cocking it before adding air then start with removing the back block, bolt and hammer. Then remove the trigger frame. Loosen the brass valve retaining screw about 1/2 turn if it feels tight. Gas it up while all the stuff is off and see if it still leaks.

If it's still leaking and the screw is loose then degass (DO NOT MISS DOING THIS! ! ! ! ) and remove the front plug and the brass screw. Push out the valve. Examine the cupseal on the stem and also the raised seat on the valve where the cut seal seats. If there's any sign of rust or crud buildup then clean that away. It needs to be smooth. Also replace the two Orings on the valve body. They are the same as tank Orings.

Put it all back together and ensure that the brass valve retainer screw is slightly loose but not sticking down under the body surface. It needs to be loose. Any torque at all WILL give you a leak.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:46 PM #4
skater454
Unforgivable.

has been a member for 10 years
I fixed it, thanks.