PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 07:31 PM #85
RedneckSniper
i play paintball.....

for any of you that are looking into making a light weight breathable ghillie i have your answer. i dont know if you have heard or seen the special ops action ghillie but i have an easy way to make it. get a duck decoy bag, this bag is made of polyester mesh ands is great. then get a camo net duck blind and zip tie it in whatever way youd like to the bag. cut holes in the bag for head and arms. this method works great. and it BREATHES!!! good luck all.
Will trade items for machine work.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-23-2007, 09:38 AM #86
ghilliesuitsonline

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBS View Post
Aight you guys.. DONT MAKE FULL GILLIE SUITS. trust me get regular army aftigues and do the giillie thing on the back. thats what the army does. leave the front open for crawling. but if you perfer standing up as a sniper do it your way. personally mobility and concealment go hand in hand with me. its like being in a tree stand. once they find you. you better get outta there qwik. what better way to be able to than to get up from prone and just take off .
You can get this already made here:

http://www.ghilliesuitsonline.com/va...llie-suit.html

I used this one last week and it makes crawling very easy and still totally invisible. It is really best for someone who wants to be able to crawl as it doesnt have the threads on the front of the suit.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:59 PM #87
rittalout
teenage old-schooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Zombie View Post
hey, chris#763 what do you mean by "the skills to properly put one to use"? I have a friend in the army, should I ask him about some stuff? also, wheres a good place to get ghillie suites? I'm looking for one for spring one for summer one for fall and one for winter.thanx,
Just because someone has a ghillie suit dosen't make them invisible, it takes practice to be "stealthy".

Go ahead and ask your friend, but he probably wont be able to help you. When you are trying to be sneaky walk like you have a "speed limit" camo/ghillie doesn't work at faster speeds.

Cabella's sells Ghillie from $40-$200. If your not near a Cabella's their web site is also nice I suggest you get a non-burlap suit ,ex.polyester, like I have and wear under-armor or ripoff Wall-Mart under armor, same stuff, underneath(prevents chafing, and cools down when hot/insulates when cold). Depending on how much the landscape changes I would use one suit for all seasons (I use seclusion 3-D camo padern) or maybe get two suits if you have snow in your area.

Go bushy and have fun!
BEST FEILD IN CENTRAL TEXAS PETTY PAINTBALL CHECK THEM OUT!
View My Special Ops Brigade Page
Old 07-06-2007, 05:44 PM #88
Rebelyell
GO WOLFPACK!!

why do u need a ghillie suit to play paintball in, it is not goign to make u invisible. I know they work don't get my wrong i got one form a local army supply store i use bow hunting. i payed $100 for it and it a full body suit that i can get on top of deer with it. but still people are smarter than deer and will see u standing up or moving at all. it takes army snipers ALONG time to get in position for a shot, with a suit on and they are trained professionals shooting over 300 yards away. people will see you just as good with one as without one, but they are real fun for playing tricks on your friends if you ever close to any woods.
SP ION -Freak barrel kit with AA tip - T board with dye pad - JDMOTO eyes - Warrior trigger and feed neck - shocktech off/on - Empire reloader b clear blue- sp 360 qev - Pure energy 68/4500 hp tank with NXE tank cover

FEEDBACK EBAYFeedback
aa tip FST a5 for sale
Old 08-02-2007, 12:20 AM #89
BEAN93 (Banned)
oh god another ST post...

can you update the pics since they dont work anymore?
Old 08-02-2007, 07:34 PM #90
ub3rl33tb3d (Banned)
not good.

usually when your camping you cant wipe your ***.
and this suit sounds classy. i would never use it as a last resort to wipe my bottom.
oh, and i got a great intake of water today. thanks for wondering.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:30 PM #91
TheWalkingBush
Alpha Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballforlife2009 View Post
Those things are for noobs..and woodsballers of course..i think they are gay as hell...some dude came up with a suit on and he got hit at least 8 times..didnt call out..when the game was over he shook his suit and all of them came out...what a ***...
I hope you get bunkered by an entire pro class team for that stupid comment...just because you dont like something doesnt mean you have to make fun of the people who use them...hopefully your only like 13 years old or younger otherwise you should try to mature a little bit.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:57 PM #92
GenesisFactor
Fear the Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelyell View Post
why do u need a ghillie suit to play paintball in, it is not goign to make u invisible. I know they work don't get my wrong i got one form a local army supply store i use bow hunting. i payed $100 for it and it a full body suit that i can get on top of deer with it. but still people are smarter than deer and will see u standing up or moving at all. it takes army snipers ALONG time to get in position for a shot, with a suit on and they are trained professionals shooting over 300 yards away. people will see you just as good with one as without one, but they are real fun for playing tricks on your friends if you ever close to any woods.
Its only true is you are inexperienced. ghiiles are made to make you invisible to the inattentive eye IF you use it right. An experienced user can be walked upon in short cover and not be noticed at all. look at the youtube vids for ghillies and snipers from under 20 feet away--you may see one or two guys if you look carefully, but no one can hold that level of concentration ALL DAY--and when over 10 stand up, you can't deny anything.

I my gear changes as my needs do. Right now, i'm redoing my Tactical Paintball gear.

Play at Island Paintball Arena, Buy at Island Paintball Supplies!!!
Old 09-16-2007, 04:49 PM #93
Paintball Guns

Here is some basic Ghillie Suit information on Wikipedia: Ghillie Suit
Old 10-12-2007, 06:05 PM #94
Kahnif

They are fun as long as you lay down, stay still, you won't be seen. If you're standing up snap shooting well then that's why you always get seen. In small rec games, they are not very useful. If you bring one to a big game/scenario.. then they are amazing.
Closed Thread