Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-27-2007, 08:09 PM #1
JTeigs10
Second place is death.

JTeigs10 posts videos on PbNation
Updated list of sponsors??

More questions from me.....

Well I recently contacted CSG and ask them about the $50 jersey that is advertised on the NCPA website, the nice lady on the phone had a small chuckle i think while informing me that they no long offer the $50 deal, and that they had gotten rid of that six years ago. and that they now offer 25% off.

This made me wonder about how up to date the list of "sponsors" on the NCPA website really is.

Is the order process still the same??

And as far as sponsors that are in addition to the sponsors that are offered through the NCPA, are their any orginizations out their that have frequently supported college teams, that i should approach about a sponsorship???

thx for the advice
Old 07-27-2007, 09:13 PM #2
griffon252
ERAU Paintball

griffon252 is a Supporting Member
There are companies like Redz, Empire, etc. that sponsor college teams. Animal Paintball still does the $50/jersey NCPA deal and imo they are far better then CSG not only in response time, but in jersey quality. Just call them up, ask for Mondo, and tell him your a college team and go from there. Smart Parts also sponsors a good number of college teams. As far as paint sponsors go Severe, XO, etc. will sponsor college teams. Don't expect to get free stuff, but if you show them what you can do for them, they will help you guys out.
CRAZY GEARBAG SALE!!
EGOS/MARQS FS!!
Old 07-27-2007, 09:40 PM #3
JTeigs10
Second place is death.

JTeigs10 posts videos on PbNation
Aight, thanks griffon, thats exactly the type of advice i was looking for.... lets hear from the rest of you....
Old 07-27-2007, 09:44 PM #4
griffon252
ERAU Paintball

It's the start of the weekend, most of us are out which I should be doing too, but I am home for the weekend so I gotta be good.
CRAZY GEARBAG SALE!!
EGOS/MARQS FS!!
Old 07-29-2007, 11:41 AM #5
NTexPaintballFounder
Founder - NT Paintball

we've always used animalpaintball. good quality good people and they are pretty quick on turnaround for the jersey (we got ours in about 10 days, granted it cost extra to get them that quick, but you can get them fast if you need them)

1-866-729-0364 is their phone number

it's all been said and done... I'm graduated now.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:08 PM #6
sneakyweasel
azn

Annual Supporting Member
sneakyweasel is a Supporting Member
sneakyweasel is an NCPA player
sneakyweasel plays in the APPA D5 division
the reality is that college paintball doesnt get that much as far as sponsorship money from big companies you may get alittle discount here and there and get to wear a big name seeing as how just about every team gets their jerseys form animal or csg we get ours from csg and idk why but ours still cost 50 bucks. your bets bet is to get a local field to give you some sorta of sponsorship. work for paint field time etc. your guns and equipment might seem like alot but seeing how much you actaully pay in a year for field/air and paint getting a sponsorship from a field is your best discounts. plus then your team has a good relationship with a field and always has somewhere to practice like whitewater has the best sponsor ever in stinger/Ke-west. they give us great pricing and even helped out at nationals.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:27 PM #7
MTUPup
Orginal Yooper Trooper

MTUPup plays in the PSP
MTUPup is an NCPA player
MTUPup plays in the APPA D4 division
MTUPup supports DLX Technology
sponsorships

Sponsorships are out there..if you're lucky enough to find a company or two that will work with the discounts can prove to be very nice. I found the best way to get your foot in the door is go to a national event (i.e. PSP or NPPL) and just wander the trade show and just spark up conversation with the sales person. That's how I was able to pull our biggest sponsor on board last year. The corporate paintball world is finally realizing the legitamatcy of college ball and see it as an excellent marketing avenue. with most of our clubs out there fostering recball programs, product placement can help when choosing the next marker, pants, jersey, etc.

The best advice I can give you is just put yourself out there and don't get discouraged when you get a few FOAD's back.
Michigan Tech UniversityPB Alumni #60
Erie Landsharks#6
Old 07-29-2007, 06:49 PM #8
sneakyweasel
azn

Annual Supporting Member
sneakyweasel is a Supporting Member
sneakyweasel is an NCPA player
sneakyweasel plays in the APPA D5 division
yea the MTU guys would say put yourself out there they are like that selling their bodies for paintball equipment
Old 07-29-2007, 08:08 PM #9
griffon252
ERAU Paintball

A sad day when you have to resort to selling your body for paintball. I started about 2 years ago, doesn't work that well though...
CRAZY GEARBAG SALE!!
EGOS/MARQS FS!!
Old 07-29-2007, 09:01 PM #10
MTUPup
Orginal Yooper Trooper

MTUPup plays in the PSP
MTUPup is an NCPA player
well when you have a body built like mine, it's not a hard sell.
Erie Landsharks#6
Old 07-29-2007, 09:07 PM #11
griffon252
ERAU Paintball

I wish I could be like you. lol
CRAZY GEARBAG SALE!!
EGOS/MARQS FS!!
Old 07-29-2007, 10:00 PM #12
BallisticPB_Albs
Ya Dig?

BallisticPB_Albs is an NCPA player
BallisticPB_Albs plays in the APPA D5 division
This point was brought up this past weekend at practice and I wanted everyone else's take on it. JT has been a major sponsor of the NCPA for a few years now, why haven't they picked up any teams. Wouldn't it look good to not only have their banners all around the field but have teams wearing their pants and masks too? Especially nationals where it's televised.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:50 PM #13
griffon252
ERAU Paintball

I don't know about the other teams, but most of my guys wear their masks and pants. They aren't a sponsor of ours, but I do see your point. It is kind of odd, and maybe they should pick up some college teams. I guess for them to pick up some of us, has anyone approached them about getting sponsored?
CRAZY GEARBAG SALE!!
EGOS/MARQS FS!!
Old 07-30-2007, 12:29 AM #14
MTUPup
Orginal Yooper Trooper

MTUPup plays in the PSP
MTUPup is an NCPA player
we have, got the normal fill out this form, send in the team resume blah blah blah jargon. There was an article in some mag a few months back about Chuck wanting to get colleges on board. I was just too lazy to pursue it as most of my guys have their own mask preference and we've already got a deal for our pants.
Erie Landsharks#6
Old 07-30-2007, 12:31 AM #15
griffon252
ERAU Paintball

I may talk to my officers for our club and see if we want to pursue them as an official sponsor. Most of my guys have their new stuff anyways, and this may help new kids coming in the fall.
CRAZY GEARBAG SALE!!
EGOS/MARQS FS!!