PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-28-2007, 08:55 PM #22
Codymm1014
Its MY CUP

Thats a good idea. Ill do that. Once I get my gun body back Ill work on it.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:00 PM #23
u238

u238 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
u238 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
u238 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by outkast kid View Post
Repost these questions in the icd section, quit spamming this guy's thread.
We're in a bad mood tonight, aren't we? I don't believe that asking for a clarification in order to assist him is considered spam. In fact, this thread looks quite clear and on topic. I also think that his question has been addressed adequately enough to allow for a slight divergence from the original topic. To conclude, you have posted absolutely nothing of value in this thread. Quit spamming this guy's thread. Thanks.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:20 AM #24
paintballa8224
Engineer in the Making

You have a detent to prevent balls from rolling out the barrel if that's what you mean by "getting rollouts." The only thing you have to do is connect the pump handle/rod to the bolt, and it looks as though you have a few ideas there.

The Bushmaster line of markers is fully pneumatic. They put a spring in there to help with FSDO, but I have never had that problem without the spring.

The BKO, on the other hand, uses a spring to hold the hamme/bolt back and air only to push it forwards.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:34 PM #25
u238

u238 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
u238 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
u238 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Ahhh, I see now. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:03 PM #26
leed

leed is a Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballa8224 View Post
You have a detent to prevent balls from rolling out the barrel if that's what you mean by "getting rollouts." The only thing you have to do is connect the pump handle/rod to the bolt, and it looks as though you have a few ideas there.

The Bushmaster line of markers is fully pneumatic. They put a spring in there to help with FSDO, but I have never had that problem without the spring.

The BKO, on the other hand, uses a spring to hold the hamme/bolt back and air only to push it forwards.
Detents do this, yes. But the fact of the matter is that a Promaster is a Open Bolt marker. The Detents only function when the bolt is Open. However, converting it to pump means it is no longer an Open Bolt Marker. It then becomes a Closed bolt. So, in the Closed bolt position, the paint is pushed in front of the detent, thus the detent is rendered entirely useless. The Detent, in this case, is only good to prevent double feeding.

Relieving the bolt pin from the Rammer/hammer would do the basic idea of a pump, but would not fulfill the true concept of a pump. In any case, that is the most you can do to turn it into a pump without tampering with the normal functioning of the marker. Just keep in mind, you can turn down your dwell and HPR pressure some with the bolt unhooked. You will also probably want to place a spring inbetween the pump arm and the body to help keep the bolt forward when firing (Yes, the air can push the bolt back).
Old 07-29-2007, 03:11 PM #27
Codymm1014
Its MY CUP

Alright thanks for the advice.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:27 PM #28
Codymm1014
Its MY CUP

quick question... how do i remove gorilla glue?
Old 07-29-2007, 03:49 PM #29
Hisse

has been a member for 10 years
Depends on where it is but something like a knife or a chisel would probably do the job
Old 07-29-2007, 06:02 PM #30
paintballa8224
Engineer in the Making

Quote:
Originally Posted by leed View Post
thus the detent is rendered entirely useless.
I wasn't thinking about that, you got me.