PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-15-2007, 05:42 PM #1
mselis

has been a member for 10 years
3and 5 man rookie/novice event July 22

Action Park will host another 3/5 man rookie/novice event July 22nd.

$60 per team 3 man if paid Tues before ($75 up until Sat before)
$150 per team 5 man if paid Tues before ($175 up until Sat before)

$40 stinger
$50 premium (field paint only)

Last month we had 5 5 man and 25 3 man teams.

3 man teams get 3 prizes, 5 man get 5 prizes.

2-4 divisions in the 3 man, 1 in the 5 man.

More detail or to register contact mselis1234@aol.com or 574-315-7275.

Matt
Action Park Paintball
Team Groundfire
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-17-2007, 12:49 AM #2
Barber
Moose Krew.

Barber plays in the PSP
Barber is an NCPA player
Barber plays in the APPA D4 division
What are the prizes?
Old 07-24-2007, 09:55 PM #3
Hoosier Daddy
Philippians 3:13-14

Hoosier Daddy posts videos on PbNation
Video from July 22 3 man event

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdev6JaqkCU

Video I shot of my two sons from Sunday's 3 man. One been playing a while, the other still pretty green and was given the opportunity to develop some character by moving from D3 to play with his brother in D1 due to a lack of players.
†Christ Krew†
My old PBN Feedback eBay Feedback

Last edited by Hoosier Daddy : 07-24-2007 at 10:05 PM.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:14 AM #4
Barber
Moose Krew.

Barber plays in the PSP
Barber is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdev6JaqkCU

Video I shot of my two sons from Sunday's 3 man. One been playing a while, the other still pretty green and was given the opportunity to develop some character by moving from D3 to play with his brother in D1 due to a lack of players.
I have quite a hard time anyone in that video has ever played a national event, and an even harder time believing any of them are d1.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:57 AM #5
Hoosier Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barber View Post
I have quite a hard time anyone in that video has ever played a national event, and an even harder time believing any of them are d1.

Perhaps you may have noticed that this video was posted under Matt's announcment of a 3 man tournament at Action Park July 22. And being so observant surely you noticed the name of the video is called "3 man at Action Park July 22". And being so knowledgeable you would also know that in said tournament, Matt divides teams into 3 divisions, D1, D2, D3. So clearly there would be no need for me to point out to a person such as yourself, who knows all things paintball but appears to lack any reading comprehension, that your opinion on the matter has little merit due to the lack of any logic in your thought processes. But thanks for sharing.
†Christ Krew†
Old 07-29-2007, 12:56 PM #6
Barber
Moose Krew.

Barber plays in the PSP
Barber is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
Perhaps you may have noticed that this video was posted under Matt's announcment of a 3 man tournament at Action Park July 22. And being so observant surely you noticed the name of the video is called "3 man at Action Park July 22". And being so knowledgeable you would also know that in said tournament, Matt divides teams into 3 divisions, D1, D2, D3. So clearly there would be no need for me to point out to a person such as yourself, who knows all things paintball but appears to lack any reading comprehension, that your opinion on the matter has little merit due to the lack of any logic in your thought processes. But thanks for sharing.
Would you like to explain to me how I came off as someone who 'knew all things paintball?'

I did notice the name of the thread. I did notice the name of the video. I did notice that you are trying to talk **** to me over an internet forum.

Sorry I'm not up to standards on the rules of rookie 3 mans.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:23 PM #7
Hoosier Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barber View Post
Would you like to explain to me how I came off as someone who 'knew all things paintball?'

I did notice the name of the thread. I did notice the name of the video. I did notice that you are trying to talk **** to me over an internet forum.

Sorry I'm not up to standards on the rules of rookie 3 mans.
I took your post as an unsolicited negative opinion regarding the skill of the players (two of whom are my sons), and unrelated to the original topic. You chose to take the time to post the comment on a public forum. Regardless of your intent or tone, I agree my public response was inappropriate and unnecessary. Please accept my public apology.
†Christ Krew†
Old 08-06-2007, 05:34 PM #8
mselis

FYI for future reference if anyone had questions regarding these events.

The classification is simply for this field rookie/novice. Our tourney series is focused on the original concept of playing paintball tourneys for fun and camaraderie (sp? sorry) and fellowship with other paintball players. As such we try to avoid the bickering/cheating/and intense play that higher leagues might have. For this reason the price is kept very low and everyone receives prizes at the end of the day (some pretty good ones if I do say so myself).

Action Park has many players who have played higher national events and been quite successfull. The home field team "Groundfire" normally refs these events to let newer less experienced players develop their skills. Groundfire continues to be one of the stronger/competetive teams in the Midwest, able to hold their own with the best of competition.

While our D1 teams at these events may not compete at a higher level circuit they I think they have just as much fun as the experienced players do at their events. Our events normally draw 20-30 teams witht he goal of introducing new players into the tourney format (we had 9 teams that had never even played an event before!!)

Sometimes I think we need to reflect on the fact that we probably all looked like some of these "less experienced" players when we started. I think Hoosier Daddy was simply trying to share the fact that his kids had a good time at this event.

Our next event will be posted soon.

Matt
Action Park Paintball
Team Groundfire
574-315-7275
www.actionparkpaintball.com