PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-16-2007, 07:11 AM #1
Ozmatick

Auburn University

I tried last year to start a team but with no academic support. This year I have found an advisor and I am working on the Student Organization Manual (which includes the constitution and all those other important things.) I now need a list of prospective members with student phone numbers and signatures (15 minimum). If you are an Auburn Student and wish to help out pm me and I'll give you an address to send your info to so I can turn it in with the rest of this packet. Thanks

On a side note if any other college teams can send info on their constitution and bylaws it would be helpful to compare to.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:13 PM #2
†Junkie
Headrush Action Sports

i wish you luck

92 % of PBnation would be dead if Hostile Kids said breathing wasn't agg. If you're in the 8% that would celebrate the mass suicide of the fanboys, put this in your sig.

IF YOUR PARENTS DONT PAY FOR YOU TO PLAY PAINTBALL PUT THIS IN YOUR SIG.

Save a rock....throw an ION
Old 07-17-2007, 08:07 AM #3
Ozmatick

Quote:
Originally Posted by †Junkie View Post
i wish you luck
Thanks
Old 07-17-2007, 10:02 AM #4
Ozmatick

Bear with me since this is just starting

Updates at

http://auburn.facebook.com/group.php...6856588&ref=mf
Old 07-17-2007, 09:52 PM #5
NTexPaintballFounder
Founder - NT Paintball

you'd prolly have a lot more luck on facebook.

it's all been said and done... I'm graduated now.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:45 PM #6
griffon252
ERAU Paintball

griffon252 is a Supporting Member
I will get you a copy of our constitution to look over by tomorrow. Sorry, got a curve ball thrown at me today so I wasn't able to get it to you today.
CRAZY GEARBAG SALE!!
EGOS/MARQS FS!!
Old 07-18-2007, 10:20 PM #7
Snido
VT Alumni

Snido plays in the PSP
Snido is an NCPA player
Snido plays in the APPA D5 division
if it comes down to it and you cant get 15 sigs from ppl who are really interested in playin on the team, you can always have your friends sign the form, havin a couple females sign it will help 2
Feedback
Old 07-19-2007, 06:48 AM #8
Ozmatick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snido View Post
if it comes down to it and you cant get 15 sigs from ppl who are really interested in playin on the team, you can always have your friends sign the form, havin a couple females sign it will help 2
That's what I plan on doing. Are you on the beginner team or Rookie when you play CFOA? I remember playing VT at one of the events.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:11 PM #9
IchBinKaseBrot
Oscar Whiskey

IchBinKaseBrot is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by †Junkie View Post
i wish you luck
He'll need more than luck to get a team started at Auburn. More like the planets have to be in alignment for that to happen. I tried two years in a row to get one and it just fell through. Mike tried to put an X-ball team together and that didn't work either. Not trying to discourage you but it's such an uphill battle.

War Eagle '06...

Auburn Tigers
Portsmouth FC

Collegeandmagnolia.com - Corner of Auburn & the Internet
لا يوجد سلام على أبواب
Old 07-23-2007, 08:27 AM #10
Ozmatick

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchBinKaseBrot View Post
He'll need more than luck to get a team started at Auburn. More like the planets have to be in alignment for that to happen. I tried two years in a row to get one and it just fell through. Mike tried to put an X-ball team together and that didn't work either. Not trying to discourage you but it's such an uphill battle.

War Eagle '06...
Why couldn't you put it together? Was it the players support or the SOO board or the paperwork or what? I have the constitution and bylaws and most of everything done except for the player support I need at least 5 more people to give me their AU email addresses to show that I have 15 people who are willing to do it. I'm good for everything else.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:52 AM #11
NTexPaintballFounder
Founder - NT Paintball

hahahhahah

you'll quickly learn that there is a significant difference between people that sign up and people that show up.

in a given summer we'll have about 200-250 people sign up at our summer orientation recruitment events... out of that we might see 15-20 ever show up for a practice.

it's all been said and done... I'm graduated now.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:51 AM #12
Ozmatick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTexPaintballFounder View Post
hahahhahah

you'll quickly learn that there is a significant difference between people that sign up and people that show up.

in a given summer we'll have about 200-250 people sign up at our summer orientation recruitment events... out of that we might see 15-20 ever show up for a practice.
Exactly. I don't need 15 people I just need them on the list. I can only field so many people at a tournament. My biggest problem right now is AU doesn't want the sponsors I can get and they don't want to give money out until we've been active a year.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:15 PM #13
Paintball Ace
Since 04'

Just pay out of pocket until you can get support if they don't wanna give it to you until you're active for a year. It sucks, but its worth it.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:17 PM #14
griffon252
ERAU Paintball

griffon252 is a Supporting Member
NCPA events aren't expensive at all compared to PSP, NPPL, CFOA, etc. I think they are more fun too
CRAZY GEARBAG SALE!!
EGOS/MARQS FS!!
Old 07-23-2007, 05:48 PM #15
IchBinKaseBrot
Oscar Whiskey

IchBinKaseBrot is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozmatick View Post
Why couldn't you put it together? Was it the players support or the SOO board or the paperwork or what? I have the constitution and bylaws and most of everything done except for the player support I need at least 5 more people to give me their AU email addresses to show that I have 15 people who are willing to do it. I'm good for everything else.
It had nothing to do with paperwork as much as it did keeping people involved. You'll have plenty of people who'll sign up and love paintball but just unable to afford the expenses or get time off to play. Our first practice we had 18 people show up and ran three different lines and it was a blast. We had another meeting and everyone was excited to keep going. Come the next practice only 6 people showed up (not including the guys trying to put it together) and then fewer and fewer till it was pretty much dead. This all occurred in a time frame of 2 months. The core guys just went and joined a local team and then worked on setting up that field that's in that guy's backyard.

Once again I'm not trying to discourage you but you can get all the paperwork done yourself, get an advisor's support and have it all ready and presentable before the club committee but none of that will matter when you can't even keep people on the team. It's why I stopped trying and just went a played with teams in Atlanta during my time at Auburn...

Auburn Tigers
Portsmouth FC

Collegeandmagnolia.com - Corner of Auburn & the Internet
لا يوجد سلام على أبواب
Old 07-28-2007, 10:56 PM #16
milk & cereal (Banned)
heady brah

war eagle