fretmelter

dodgy??

WTT:i need your cheap pump.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-23-2007, 04:30 PM #23
oblivion86
Untz Untz...

I'm voting you just cut it as it is, then air it up and see what happens. Post vids!

Old 07-23-2007, 05:10 PM #24
fretmelter

probably best ^^^^^

WTT:i need your cheap pump.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:46 PM #25
Sifio

Sifio helped look for balloons
oblivion, are you positively sure???
Old 07-23-2007, 11:10 PM #26
Dead_Body

HE'S KIDDING! Sifio, you need to work on that sarcasm detector project when you get your Spyder finished...

The top cocking pin bolts have a spring and ball that holds the pin in place. If it's the same as the Pilot then there's a brass screw in the end of the bolt that holds that spring and ball in place. For some unknown reason Kingman likes to tighten the snot out of that and it jams the spring and ball into the groove in the pin and it's hell to get out.

If you slip out the back block and look at the end of the bolt you should see it. Now here's the tricky part. The brass tears very easily. You MUST get a screw driver that is a snug fit in the slot. No drivers that are way too small and too narrow. If you have to go and buy a new one that's fine. But no shortcuts here. If it was me I'd take the barrel and trigger frame off and take the body shopping with you and try the screwdrivers out until you get just the right one. And if no one is looking and your trial run just happens to loosen the screw then so much the better...

But don't be shocked if it tears out the screw. It's a really stupid setup.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:06 AM #27
BEAN93 (Banned)
oh god another ST post...

try prying it out with a screw driver thats what i did and now pulling my pin out is simple and it stays in when it needs too and comes out when i pull hard

i tried unscrewing that screw on the bolt and it was sealed with loc tite and i almost stripped that screw trying to loosen it
Old 07-24-2007, 12:45 AM #28
balla245

pull the cocking knob really hard. but honestly, if you cant take apart a spyder. then you shouldnt be allowed near tools.

Old +48 | New +31
Old 07-24-2007, 11:22 AM #29
Joey Szeszko
frog avatar.

lol i did it with everything but the bolt and other internals in lol, no problems but i got all the savings out
Old 07-24-2007, 09:08 PM #30
psychoballer625
talk small

psychoballer625 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
psychoballer625 supports Team VICIOUS
psychoballer625 is for the Gunfight
psychoballer625 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
You cant even get your bolt out? Wow.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:47 PM #31
pbf_98
Zombie baller

pbf_98 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
pbf_98 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I dont want to read the rest to see if you have succesfully taken the bolt out so this is what you do...
take the pin that holds the velocity adjuster out (its right above and to the right of the spyder logo)
take velocity adjuster out
slide every thing out by pulling back the bolt pin, it will bring the spring striker/hammer and bolt out
I have worked with many spyders as my friends is also a sonix

Intimidators Own!
Clear Halo V35
2k4 Species Intimidator
Old 07-25-2007, 05:32 PM #32
audiomarty
...land of cheese & beer

don't listen to anybody on here.... this is what you do

1. Burn your bolt to melt it out. This way is much easier than removing from the gun intact. Besides, bolts are cheap. (Throw it on a bed of hot coals, to burn and melt out the bolt and give your gun a nice looking finish.)

2. Replace your bolt with an alumminum bolt, and reassemble your gun. (If you can figure out how.)

3. Take a hack saw, guesstimate where your bolt o-rings are, and then hack away at it. Be sure you stay about 2 inches forward of where you think the farthest o-ring back is, so you can totally **** up your gun and get the full effect.

4. While you've got the saw out, cut your beautiful barrels in half, then you can have a cool looing pistol!

5. Take the bolt out and inspect it. If it's not fully cut in half, you ****ed up. Finish the job and cut your bolt in two because you can't halfback your gun without halfbacking your bolt.

Put everything back together and air it up, and start mowing faces.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:52 PM #33
psychoballer625
talk small

psychoballer625 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
psychoballer625 supports Team VICIOUS
psychoballer625 is for the Gunfight
psychoballer625 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiomarty View Post
don't listen to anybody on here.... this is what you do

1. Burn your bolt to melt it out. This way is much easier than removing from the gun intact. Besides, bolts are cheap. (Throw it on a bed of hot coals, to burn and melt out the bolt and give your gun a nice looking finish.)

2. Replace your bolt with an alumminum bolt, and reassemble your gun. (If you can figure out how.)

3. Take a hack saw, guesstimate where your bolt o-rings are, and then hack away at it. Be sure you stay about 2 inches forward of where you think the farthest o-ring back is, so you can totally **** up your gun and get the full effect.

4. While you've got the saw out, cut your beautiful barrels in half, then you can have a cool looing pistol!

5. Take the bolt out and inspect it. If it's not fully cut in half, you ****ed up. Finish the job and cut your bolt in two because you can't halfback your gun without halfbacking your bolt.

Put everything back together and air it up, and start mowing faces.
finally some good instructions!!!
Old 07-25-2007, 06:09 PM #34
Sifio

Sifio helped look for balloons
forget this im dropping everything dont wanna possibly destroy my gun....was hoping this wud be a simple cosmetics mod. X__X
Old 07-25-2007, 06:28 PM #35
Codymm1014
Its MY CUP

it is.....
Old 07-28-2007, 08:08 PM #36
confused25

it isnt a hard mod at all. just take all your internals out (search around kingmans website for proper disassembly) and hack away at the back. look at other peoples halfbacks for ideas, and make sure you dont pass the place where your bolt o-rings are, and your set.

and codymm1014, right when i read under your name, black hole sun came on. freaky.