PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-28-2001, 04:05 PM #1
jgoth911

has been a member for 10 years
any tournaments in new hampshire

just wonderin if there was any i gettin a team together and wonderin where can play tournaments
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-28-2001, 04:23 PM #2
Shivy

Where in NH are you guys located? What size team are you building? Where will you be playing?
Old 11-28-2001, 04:38 PM #3
jgoth911

were trying to build a 5 man and were located in nashua the very most south point of new hampshire almost in mass. play just at rec feilds maybe 45 min away.
Old 11-28-2001, 06:26 PM #4
Homer
Old but Smart!

A lot will depend upon the size, level, and desire to travel of the team. For example in Windham I believe is Canobie Paintball. They have entry level 3 man tourneys during the season. They're about 40 minutes from Nashua. They're also gonna be starting a 10 man league with 2 events there and 1 event at Birch Hill paintball in Kittery ME (about 1 1/4 hours from Nashua).

The New England Cup has a 7 man league that is held at Birch Hill and other places depending upon the teams and the ability to provide 10 man fields. They also have a 5 man rookie division they run at the same time if you're pretty new to the sport.

PnL also run tourneys. I believe they're 3 man but don't quote me 100% on that. They may be 5 man as well

NEPL is the biggest around here. They played this year at Canobie, Cape Cod Paintball (about 2 1/2 hours) and at Global Paintball in Abington (about 1 1/2 hours from Nashua).

Finallay getting good on the tourneys around here, and the competition is getting really difficult. Makes it easier to know where you stand. Any questions PM me or post here. But I don't check that often. Good luck on your team!

Sponsored by:PaintballWizard.com, National Paintball Supply, DYE, Draxxus Paint, and my brother (I steal all his stuff)

My posts and personal opinions DO NOT reflect the views of my sponsors. I just have a Big Mouth.
Old 11-28-2001, 07:52 PM #5
Shivy

Yeah, definitely do the NEPL events... the NEC just ended this past weekend (we competed in 5 man and pretty much wrecked everyone)... but if you can manage some play time at birch hill, its a great field (where the NEC was being held)... and you'll get some good competition over there... either from my bros on Team Vision, Alliance, or True Colors... if you're really looking to get into it, try out for Vision, they are probably the best up-and-coming team in NH and southern ME...

Last edited by Shivy : 11-28-2001 at 07:56 PM.
Old 11-28-2001, 07:53 PM #6
Shivy

Oh, damn dude, i didnt even notice you were on Vision... lol!!! I went to the first practice... but spare the jokes... im sticking with Alliance ... but i usually compete uder True Colors with Patterson...

Last edited by Shivy : 11-28-2001 at 07:57 PM.
Old 11-28-2001, 08:30 PM #7
jgoth911

thanks

hey thanks homer i know alot of the areas your talking about canobie and maine but i didn't know they had these games there ill be looking into that. also your on vision. i believe i played at your practice air field that you open up or one of the guys does on your team. its right up next to hampton if not o well. also thanks for the info shivy
Old 11-29-2001, 08:37 PM #8
Homer
Old but Smart!

Hey Shivy thanks for the nice words. Working on the up and coming thing. With all the practices we had better be pulling a Jeffersons (Movin on up.. ) did good at the cup with both 10 mans. Now just getting the fine tuning down for 1 10 man for all the NPPL's and a couple we'll put 2 in. Should be a fun year. 14 weeks to go!

jgoth911 ya one of our teammates owns Porsmouth Paintball and he has a 5 man in Hampshire. But you got to check out Birch Hill Paintball's fields before he closes them for the season. Actually after this weekends parctice he's closing his sup-air for seeding, but his HyperBall field is CRAZY!!!! We'll be up practicing this Sunday. Check out his website for pics. I think it birchhillpaintball.com but I could be wrong.

Sponsored by:PaintballWizard.com, National Paintball Supply, DYE, Draxxus Paint, and my brother (I steal all his stuff)

My posts and personal opinions DO NOT reflect the views of my sponsors. I just have a Big Mouth.
Old 01-11-2002, 07:20 PM #9
schoelman

Ya.... the birch hill site is www.birchhillpaintball.com and the site for Portsmouth Paintball is www.portsmouthpaintball.com the guy who runs that store is Aaron, a wicked cool guy... answers most questions...if he doesn't know...he'll find out and get back to you.... (the ONLY downside to portsmouth pball is that he doesn't update his site often). Also...homer is right... birch hill's hyperball is ABSOLUTELY INSANE.... alot of fun. However...it's Jan 11 right now....and he's all closed up, and not answering the phone when you call...and emails are takin a bit longer than usual to get an answer... (can't wait till spring!) There is a NEW FIELD IN NEW HAMPSHIRE THOUGH!! you can check it out here...
http://www.newenglandcup.com/eye2eyeinfo.html it's indoor, and floored with 8 inches of sand... i haven't been yet.... but i'm going in 2 days...i'll report back... peace out all
Old 01-11-2002, 08:29 PM #10
Homer
Old but Smart!

Well all I can say is that the new indoor played GREAT!!!!! We had some good guys come up last Sunday and I had a blast. We are really looking forward to more people coming up. Maybe do a round robin type of thing. I love the flooring. No slippery paint, just sand (tough to run on but think of the speed in the srping when we get back on grass). Hope to see you guys up there.

Old 01-16-2002, 08:25 AM #11
schoelman

Eye2Eye Indoor..... TOTALLY great place to play.... 8 inches of sand.... (really works the legs...gonna be CAKE playin on grass this spring) Plenty of spools to use.... .good set-up. good paint (marbs or some other brand i can't recall right now) standard air prices... a buck / thousand psi... great people.... overall...can't wait to go back this coming weekend.... it's in Fremont...which is 20 min's from portsmouth, 20 mins from Manchester/Windham/Salem so come on guys...hope to see you all there...!
Old 01-19-2002, 11:33 PM #12
Homer
Old but Smart!

O.K. first of all PATS WON!!!!!!!!!!!! Now down to Spammin. Next weekend (Jan 26 Saturday) is the Grand Opening of Eye 2 Eye indoor paintball. Finally everything is legit and ready to go. The entry is a whopping $5.00. Now you're asking what does this $5.00 get you? Only entry to the LARGEST 5 man speedball field in New England. A floor of 8''s of sand rather than concrete. And the best is free luch of Pizza and Soda. It's a Field Paint only field and for this day paint is $65 per case. Now if anyone can beat that price I will personally wash by hand the field owners car in the middle of February (no wax just a wash).

We are here to promote the sport of paintball and have FUN. Not make a killing off the little guy. Yes we do have rent to pay, so we do have to make money. So if you're looking for the place that cares about the players check us out at www.newenglandcup.com and see us next Saturday.

Old 01-20-2002, 12:02 PM #13
HostileIntent
Run Thru Ninja

HostileIntent owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
some of my team mates went up tehre last sun and said it was sweet. i'll be comming up maybe on sun.

*1ne

"you gotta get that money no matter how you do... secret inditement ****, right thur"
Old 01-20-2002, 07:58 PM #14
Homer
Old but Smart!

Hey Hostile hope you can make it up. We just finished another day up there and we had some good players. Had a few GREAT games. If you can make it up on Sunday awesome, but me being the cheap SOB I am, Saturday is a sweet deal. The $5.00 basically will cover the pizza and drinks, and the paint is gonna be only $65. But wither way look forward to seeing you. Look me up and introduce yourself. I'm Steve. Looks like another whole weekend at the field. Wife is gonna kill me. Oh well thats what the guest bedroom is for.

Old 01-21-2002, 10:32 AM #15
illustrious666

Hey Homer,
I talked to Tony on the phone a few days ago and it looks like I'm coming down to Eye2Eye for a little tryout (for Vision 10-man) on the 26th. I'm not 100% sure that I'll be able to make it (one in a million back weekend for me), but I'll do my best. Hope to see you guys down there! - Jake
Old 01-21-2002, 06:57 PM #16
Cranshaw
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Vision try outs

Jake, hi I'm Kevin and I'm on Vision 5 Man team. I look forward to meeting you on Saturday. Let me tell you about Vision. It's all about having a good time and bringing your game up and up. Trust me the guys are great and they are some of my best friends and I have only known them for 1 year now. I welcome anyone in the New England area who is interested in playing tourny ball to email the captain at newenglandcup@yahoo.com and set something up with Tony. All we look is a good attitude about playing and teamwork, We can teach you the rest.

www.paintballwizard.com
Old 01-21-2002, 09:43 PM #17
Homer
Old but Smart!

Very well said Cranshaw. I should learn to keep my posts shorter and sweeter. But come on, anyone who knows me, knows my favorite sound is my own voice. lol.

Old 01-21-2002, 10:33 PM #18
illustrious666

From the lengthy (and very informative) talk that I had with Tony over the phone, you guys are on the same level. The basic message that he gave me was that you guys are looking for a nice guy who can get along with everyone. And about teaching the rest... it sounds promising. Tony gave me some background information on himself. Looks like you guys can show me a thing or two, and I'm excited to get that started. My being able to make it on Saturday is still unknown. I should know tomorrow. Tony will be giving me a call within the next day or two. I really hope I can make it. Not being able to is pretty rare. How often do you guys practice again? Every week, correct? In the chance that I don't make it this Saturday, I can 100% make it the week after. We'll see what happens. Yeah... I kinda like my own voice too. =D
Old 01-21-2002, 10:35 PM #19
illustrious666

By the way... anyone on Vision know anything about Angels? (Being sarcastic) Lol. Having problems with mine. Looks like I'll be shooting a Bushmaster Saturday, unless I get the not-being-able-to-chrono-over-200fps problem fixed. Cya then, can't wait.

Last edited by illustrious666 : 01-23-2002 at 07:59 PM.
Old 01-24-2002, 10:36 PM #20
Homer
Old but Smart!

Hey Illustrious,
Bring the Angel up. We have a few people who know a thing or 2 about them. Have you gutted your reg yet and cleaned it out? Just in case you're coming up I'll bring my tools and we'll see what we can do. If you can't make it this Saturday no problem just let Tony know. Most of the time we have the majority of us up there on Sundays. Practices are one thing we're deciding upon Sat night at our meeting. Trying to figure out the best times for 10 man NPPL, and our 5 man local squads to see when is the best date. I personally will be there every Sunday (except this one, PATS are on and my new 56" TV is coming Sat so I am not leaving my couch all day Sunday) so stop up and say hi.

As Cranshaw (loudmouthed, overly sponsored, younger brother) said we look for attitude. Aptitude we can teach. Look forward to seing you up there

Old 01-25-2002, 11:19 PM #21
AutoMaggot

AutoMaggot is a Moderator
Hey Homer, who are you?