Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2001, 03:34 AM #22
Exilict

Exilict is a Supporting Member
Exilict is a founding member
Exilict donated to help Peyton Trent
Exilict plays in the APPA D5 division
Hey, numbskull.......

First off, are you 13? Do you know how to have a normal conversation w/o calling people out and flaming them? Can you conduct yourself in a proper manor so that we all just dont think your some ignorant little kid who thinks he knows everything?

Just because your friend obviously had NO clue what he was doing with his gun dosn't make the gun bad.... I had a kid the other day OIL his imp. yea, thats smart, big tefflon tape, thats smart too... but thats not the point here...

If you wanna post here can you do us all a favor and not be such a jerk? Because obviously no one is going to care what you say if you just rant and rave like a 6yr old.

Thanks for understanding
Chris
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-16-2001, 03:49 AM #23
fom
**** EXPERT ****

fom is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Gee--I'm new here (but i happen to reconize a LOT of names...)

At any rate, I am certifed on BOTH guns. I have most likly set up and worked on more Impulses then anone on this board (unless someone from Smart Parts is lurking here<G>)

The bas question--which is more reliable.

Hard to realy say without a bunch of facts we don't have access to, BUT I'll give you a little personal experince.

Eary Impulses had a number of problems. some of those problems were due to errors in design but most were due to errors by outside suppliers. The design errors have for the most part been corrected. Smart Parts is moving more and more of the production "in-house". An examp;e of this is the problems with the ball detens shattering this Winter. These were made by an outside supplier--the new one (take allen key instead of hex wrench) are made inhouse. And the problems have been solved.

We sponser a few teams. The Rat Dogs had 2 bushys and 6 impulses plus several angels and a shocker amoung the players.
The Impulses, by the way are Visions. At World cup, one of the busys went down. It turned out to be a valve problem, but there was noone around with parts to fix it, so it was out for the turny. We did have one of the visions stop working (the eye that is--not the gun) but these were early prototypes and the main resion we were using them was to see IF they would fail. player turned off the ey--played the rest of the turny.

Cypres Gardens-- the other Bushy started acting up-- got a hot gun pentenly in game one, and by game 3 couldn't get the veloicity over 180. Player used a Impulse back up (non vision) for reat of the turny. We had 2 of the Impulses devlope "creaping pressure' problems-- this is a simple fix, but as Smart Parts was there (as they are at most big turnies) we just dropped them off at the boot and picked them up the next time we wher by

Gettysberg-- (sucked!) one of the bushys was gone by this time-- player decided to dump it on e-bay. the other suddenly and completly quit working. no one had parts to fix it= player used Impule Vision rest of turny. Durring the whole turny, between 7 Visions being used, not a single Vision broke a ball. Also got a case of paint to "try out" from one of the vendors. Very easy breaking paint. when thru the Visions no breaks (we are running the Visions at under 120 psi!) broke a few balls in the angels (one Angel went down with a temp error and we could never seem to catch a tech at the Warped boot to get it reprogramed) We have no idea if the paint would go thru the bushy== it had already stopped working.

Pratice 3 weeks later-- working out against several other teams (getting ready for Chicago) the bushy when down again. No problems from any of the other guns. The bushy will be on e-bay when it gets back

Devil Dogs-- All but one person uses Ultimate Impulses. (Visions with maxflos) the one person (captain's son) bought a new Bushy. First turny-- the Bushy went down (no power to anything) also one Impulse had reg problem--quickly fixed with new o-ring

First pratice after bushy came back, it was on it way back to be fixed again (glade he didn't buy it from me <g>)

Today, got a call to send them another Impulse-- is sending the bushy back and demamding a credit on the card (realy glade he didn't buy from me)

Now I'm only comparing the 3 which are "team guys'-- we have sold a lot of bushys to a lot of other fokes as well. MOST of them no longer have their bushys.

From a pure "theroy" stand point, the Impulse is simipler and therefor shold have less to go wrong.

The busy has a very poor reg and requires two regs-- one for High pressue (where the gun shoots) one for low pressure (the firing cerict.)

The only real cation on Impulses is to keep away from the lower serial number guns-- realy under 4000 is best. althought under 2500 is where the most problems have been

FOM

tired of spam?
http://www.cloudmark.com/spamnetsig/

Tired of telemarketers?
http://www.donotcall.gov
Old 06-16-2001, 04:15 AM #24
KaosAngel

first of all, FOM - you need to spend more time in school and less time posting here.

anyway, ive owned both a bushy and an impulse, and because of my experiences i guess my point is moot. plain and simple, i owned both for a total of a year(bought same time and sold about same time), never had a problem with either of them. just for fun i called up both ICD and SmartParts and made up a problem. ICD told me exactly how to fix it and offered to fix it free for me. SmartParts on the other hand didnt have a qualified tech to fix it or so they said. why are there techs that are UNQUALIFIED then?? anyway they couldnt fix it and wanted to charge me 50 bucks to check it out and fix the problem. if i did have to pick a gun, it would be the Bushmaster simply because if i did have a problem i know ICD would be eager to get it fixed to keep my business for future situations.
Red LED Angel w/chrome accessories #7290
AOG#268
Old 06-16-2001, 04:38 AM #25
fom
**** EXPERT ****

fom is a Supporting Member
Thank you for the suggestion, but i've already spend more than enought time in school (including 4 years for my BS and even 2 more arfer that) I am, however a piss poor typest and and , frankly, don't spend any time at all correcting my many mistakes.

As far as getting a tech on the phone, I have have the exact oppset problem. Most important for me is that ICD will not send me out parts --asking instead that I send in the gun.

Smart Parts on the other hand is more then happy to let me have a large stock of parts and simpley replace my spares when i put them in customer's guns.

Smart Parts does very much have a problem with techs around major turnies. As an example, if one were to call Smart Parts this coming week, most of their top fokes are at the NPPL in Chicago-- as we will be.

tired of spam?
http://www.cloudmark.com/spamnetsig/

Tired of telemarketers?
http://www.donotcall.gov
Old 06-16-2001, 05:24 AM #26
lordofchaos
Modernator

Ah, My dear dierwulfBL, How do you suppose your going to clean and re-lube the cup seal if you dont remove the LPR to get to it? You should clean any moving part on any gun after use.

Hmm, the Dip switches dont control the velocity?? The dip switches (some, not all I believe) contol the length of time the valve stays open (in ms, or milliseconds) the factory setting is aprox. 6ms, and I believe the other settings can be aslong as 10ms (I cant remeber for certain, it's been a while since I read a bushie manual) Now this will affect the velocity of a paintball gun as it lets more air into the chamer, and increses the volume of air used to propel the paintball, thus lowering the amount of pressure and the effeciency of the marker.

Vaporized? you mean I have to send my gun out and pay more money to get the stock gun working right, and have the stock features of an Impulse? Ah, wonderful logic on that one...

Next time you want to argue with me, have some good information, I did A LOT of research before I bought my Impulse, and Mine is SN 2401, so it was the earlier ones, prone to problems, and I still chose it over a Bushie.

-Wes

Will a mod please close this thread???? It's beyond pointless and useless, it's about to become a total flame fest!
Old 06-16-2001, 01:39 PM #27
Exilict

Now guys, I have NEVER EVER had a problem with anything getting fixed at smart parts in my life. Maybe its just because Im a walk in, or maybe its because I have some friends there.

*IF* you dont know who your looking for in the smart parts factory the phone system will be very disturbing for you. If you do know, usually you can't get through. What you have to basically do is find out who worked on your gun (and they have it logged, you SN and the name of the tech) and allways go back to him. Try to get him to know you if need be. So you can call up and say "May I speak to Tony Please"
"Hold please"
"This is tony can I help you"
"Hey tony, this is chris, I was in there with my imp that had the busted microswitch hinge on it. I was just wondering, something dosnt seem to be shooting right on my gun, the green light just stays on no matter what I do"

This is where tony tries to help me out, and because this is the 2nd or 3rd time I have called, he is more willing to do so.....

Og Mandino, Road to living better, i sugest you all read it.

Chris
Old 06-17-2001, 12:15 AM #28
dierwulfBL
Capt. Team BLOODLUST

hey excilict

first off if you check ym posts i didnt start flaming till some idiot called me a retard...oh yea im 17 and have been playing for 4 years i'm captain of team BLOODLUST we shoot all bushies although im moving on to an angel....not an Imp surprise surprise ive yet to clean my cupseal and lube it and what not and my one year old bushy has yet to see a problem. For the record my friend had to send his gun in when his RAM broke even though he knew exactly what piece he needed they wouldnt send him just the ram but as someoe mentioned in an above post the Imps 2500 and lower seemed to have more problems....thew Imp i saw in action was right near 2000, and it had problems......but from what i've been reading just about all the problems on the early models have vanished(a damn good thing) anyways from my experiences you dont have to fine tune bushies half as much as an Imp. Also (fom) what gen bushies were those that went down...those are some rares problems. oh about the dips letting the valve stay open longer.......no....it has dips for how long the bolt stays forward but not even pressure to let air oout of the valve. the dips control how long it stays back b4 shooting and how long it stays forward b4 coming back. The bushy dips dont control anything but rate of fire pretty much(unless you really care about you bolt being forward or back for any length of time)

like i said maybe smart parts came clean with all the problems and fixed the Imp who knows.......i never see em aroudn where i am all we got is bushies and angels
68ci conquest 4.5k KAPP chrome DF
Old 06-17-2001, 01:05 AM #29
goldfish
g to the oldfish

First and only warning. No flaming. The next flame in this thread gets it closed.
Old 06-17-2001, 01:23 AM #30
handyjoe

well me owning a bushy and an impulse i have to say im liking my impulse better.. i can run a preset tank off it alot easier with no problems or worrys about my pressure. also the stock barrel u get with an impulse is alot better then the one u get with a bushy. the better thing with the bushy though is u get a delrin bolt stock in it and an adjustable trigger... they are also a bit lighter and smaller and have less kick when u shoot them(because of delrin bolt). the dip switches IMHO are a pain in the A$$ so i just put it on semi and dont screw with it.. also for feel.. the stock grips on the imps are nicer then the ones i got on my stock 3rd gen. i dont really like how there is a HPR and a LPR on bushies that u have to adjust to get the opporating pressure just right... i find the max-flo and dwell alot easier to use. another advantage of the impulse is u can run it efficiently on CO2 OR N2 which is a big +.
but thats just my .02....
Old 06-17-2001, 02:55 AM #31
dierwulfBL
Capt. Team BLOODLUST

decent made points

the only reason in my eyes the Imp has over the bushy is the fact that if you cant afford n2 or an adj. tank the Imp will accept co2 and will work halfway decent on a preset tank.
Old 06-17-2001, 03:13 AM #32
Exilict

You shoot a shocker right? Your id says 00' Man, that shocker must really suck. I had all kinda problems with my first shocker about 5 years ago now. Every time I fixed something another thing would go wrong, damn smart parts..........

4 years eh? I have you doubled... 17? Yea, it shows. I have you beat heavly there to... Oh, to be young again...
Old 06-17-2001, 04:08 AM #33
lordofchaos
Modernator

Ok, this just makes me laugh, Normally, I wouldnt say anything, I'd just walk away and laugh, but since I enjoy this kinda stuff (I'm a jerk and an A$$hole, I know, and I LOVE it)

Quote:
...oh about the dips letting the valve stay open longer.......no....it has dips for how long the bolt stays forward but not even pressure to let air oout of the valve. the dips control how long it stays back b4 shooting and how long it stays forward b4 coming back...
Hey! guess what?? The bolt staying forward longer would mean that it would keep the valve open longer (since the hammer and bolt are connected) and the valve being open longer would increase the volume of air pushing the ball right?? So that means that your using more air to push the ball, which means it's going to go faster, and use more air, which means it's going to mess with your settings!!!!!

Wow, thanks for proving me right on that one smart guy.

-Wes
Old 06-17-2001, 04:55 PM #34
dierwulfBL
Capt. Team BLOODLUST

hey five years ago pneu ventures incorporated(PVI) owned the shocker production.....maybe thats why you shocker sucked but yes shockers have alot of problems ill be the first to admit to smart parts messing up. Im cuurently trading this shocker straight up for a 01 C&C blue LCD angel with bone break mods. Oh about the valve staying open longer WRONG it doesnt depress the valve pin the solenoid lets just enough air to keep it forward but not let the air chamber open longer......that just shows how much you know about bushies. I can set my bushy up with my conquest and gas thru at 290 fps +-2 fps and change as many dips as i want and the velocity was consistent( i tested this yesterday while at my local field to make sure i definitely knew what iw as talking about) with different dips on/off the velocity stayed a constant 290 +-2 fps. and that was the original argument so looks like i prevail, along with the bushy over the Imp. But like i said if your too poor to buy a decent nitro or ANY nitro tank then go with the Imp. It was made for lesser quality tanks/co2. Oh yea on ym shocker the max flo cant seem to keep up with my conquest....wonder why oh well its all up to the buyer to choose a gun and like i said put this exact question in the bushy forum and see your answers.......Imps constantly get smashed there. Oh bushies have a a lot more upgrades then an Impulse thats one reason i went with the bushy....course when i bought ym bushy i prolly woulda got a serial in the low 1000s or so. but like i've been trying to say and noone seems to care THEY PROLLY FIXED ALL THE PROBLEMS I'VE SEEN IN THE IMP I PLAYED WITH
Old 06-17-2001, 06:28 PM #35
abott
Bombtrack

hehe.....

Its always fun to read peoples arguments. People furiously typing at their keyboard with anger pumping through their blood. Its really interesting to read, i really do enjoy it. Thanks a lot for the good quality reading! Very good arguments on both sides. However, I do feel that dierwolf made a fool of himself for his silly posts.

l8ter,
Alex.

Oh and BTW, whoever
Old 06-17-2001, 07:58 PM #36
goldfish
g to the oldfish

CLOSED
Closed Thread