Community Focus

Old 07-20-2007, 10:51 AM #1
Batman 5-0
Wish I was clever

has been a member for 10 years
Batman 5-0 plays in the MiLP
Batman 5-0 plays in the APPA D4 division
Fixed stripped trigger threads: How to Guide

So I'm making this for any body that is a goon like I am and stripped your trigger pin threads the first week you had your gun. There are companies like recoil or heilcoil that make stainless steal thread inserts for stripped threads or for enforcing weak threads. I got my stuff from a company called Grangier which was local.
Items:
*7/64 drill bit-Can be found at any hardware store
*M3 x0.5-Tap Special order ususally just ask your local hardware store if they can order it for you
*M3 thread inserts- Special order item as well come in three sizes course medium and fine get the fine
*Thread insert tool-Find where you bought the thread and tap or the net
*Thread punch tool-Not necessary you can use anything small enough to knock out the thread tab examples safety pin, piece of plastic, tooth pick
*Red Locktite

This is pretty basic but its easier if you see it done. You have a hole with threads that are completely stripped out. Your going drill the hole out a little bigger and tap the hole for a specific thread size which is the size of what ever thread insert you are using. If you don't know which size to get normally the place you buy the tap and thread inserts will pick the right combination for you.

Threads and Tap

Threads punch tool and thread insert tool

Stripped Trigger pin hole

I drilled the hole out using the 7/64 drill bit and taped the hole using the M3 tap. Please make sure the hole is nice and straight I used my dremel to drill the hole out then locked the tap in the chuck and manually turned the drill head to tap the hole. They make a variety of special little tools to hold the bit and tap if you want to spend some extra money oh and ah* DO NOT USE ANY TYPE OF POWER TOOL WHILE TAPPING THE HOLE* It is essential that you do this carefully and under complete control.
Before

After

Insert stainless steal threads using a bit of red locktite and knock the thread tab out. * The threads can be inserted either way and are unidirectional meaning you can insert the thread with the tab from the outside instead of trying to insert the thread from the inside of the frame which is a pain.

Let the locktite set for a bit and your ready to kill some folks again

Last edited by Batman 5-0 : 07-21-2008 at 10:08 PM.
Batman 5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-20-2007, 11:32 AM #2
Swantonbomboy

Annual Supporting Member
Swantonbomboy is a Supporting Member
Swantonbomboy plays in the PSP
Swantonbomboy plays in the APPA D4 division
Swantonbomboy is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
for you my friend.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:42 PM #3
xSTYX
(626) S0_CAL

i had a stripped eye cover screw , got it out like this then oreder a whole new full marq series screws from bumpb.com u guys should order extra screws from there they got it for 10 bucks .
Old 10-15-2007, 08:09 AM #4
Twisted_Mister
I shoot dead people

Twisted_Mister is a Supporting Member
I am going to do some measuring - I might be able to enlarge the current hole to use a timmy trigger screw. No more tubing for the techna.
Twisted_Mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:03 PM #5
maful

Buy eye screws from Paintballer187.com cheap and easy
maful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:00 AM #6
yonin

OP - awesome - worked for me. I stripped the therads while installing the Critical Trigger, where you must screw it tight in order to eliminate the sideplay.
yonin is offline   Reply With Quote