PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 07:26 PM #43
DYE baller FOR life

waiiit....
you're 10?

yeah at that young of an age i would recommend it.

If you pay for your own paintball stuff put this in your sig
95% of all ion owners think their 300 dollar "investment" is better than your 1400 dollar "p.o.s" if you want to bonus ball every ion owner that thinks this put this in your sig
a series of quotes by warbeak2099:"...You acted like a total immature jerk..." "...you were too immature to behave intelligently..." "Neener neener I win."
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-08-2007, 09:22 PM #44
mdheath

I personally don't wear one, cause like they all said, there's only a small chance you'll get shot in the neck..but it does hurt like hell when you do

But I was always taught in every sport.. the more gear you wear, the safer you feel, so the harder you can go. Pretty much, to each his own.

And all you high-speeds saying wearing pads is noobish and crap..then saying you were elbow pads and stuff....de de deeeeeeeeee!
Old 07-08-2007, 09:46 PM #45
DYE baller FOR life

elbow pads are for comfort not protection...

no one who wears elbow pads are saying "oh no! i don't want to get hit on my elbow, it might hurt my funny bone!"
they wear them because you slide, crawl, and lean on hard turf.
same goes for knee+shin pads.

de de deeeeeeeeee

If you pay for your own paintball stuff put this in your sig
95% of all ion owners think their 300 dollar "investment" is better than your 1400 dollar "p.o.s" if you want to bonus ball every ion owner that thinks this put this in your sig
a series of quotes by warbeak2099:"...You acted like a total immature jerk..." "...you were too immature to behave intelligently..." "Neener neener I win."
Old 07-08-2007, 10:02 PM #46
protokid1453
rhapsodie hongroises

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by isa SON View Post
so i was wondering if anyone wore a neck protector? or is it a bit nooby? or what do some of you guys wear when you play? any protection at all? id like to hear peoples opinions, thanks =).
I wear knee pads and elbow pads (diving on concrete makes my bones hurt for some reason). Neck protectors arent nooby, just uncomfortable (my opinion)
Old 07-08-2007, 10:40 PM #47
XlxFCMxlX
Rick

XlxFCMxlX plays in the PSP
XlxFCMxlX plays in the APPA D3 division
You don't need protection, because when you do get hit on a part of the body where you are not protected, it's going to hurt like a beast and you're not going to be used to it. Just do what I do, shorts and a t-shirt or your jersey dude!

Cousins Paintball
Empire/KEE
Aztek Photos
Playground Paintball Park
Arena/Island Paintball Supplies
Old 07-09-2007, 04:43 AM #48
McPerkins

I wear a bandana. No knee or elbow pads, and I play in basketball shorts and a t shirt most of the time (fl wheather is too hot ). I got **** for it the other day, but the kid had knee and elbow pads, and when I told him that, he said "But I dive alot and I don't want my knees to get hurt."
To which I replied "Well I get shot, it's the nature of the game, and I don't want my NECK hurt."

Trust me...one bunkered neck shot will get SOMETHING on there in a hurry.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:49 AM #49
Khaos9

I just started wearing protection after just over 15 years of play.. Now I use slider shorts and elbow pads. I have a neck protector that I wear on occasion but I have to agree they take some getting used to and are uncomfortable at times. I My thought is why have the pain if you do not have to, I have been hit just about everyplace you can imagine, and there have been a few hits I would have loved to have protected. I guess as i am getting older I am thinking there is enough pain in my body without adding to it needlessly.
Bottom line: Anyone who is going to bug you about wearing protective gear is not really worth listening to, as long as you are having fun and playing who really cares what you wear.

Last edited by Khaos9 : 07-09-2007 at 09:51 AM.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:45 AM #50
DE80

if you play scenarios and really want the tank off the gun, look at vests. otherwise, it makes the harness tooo heavy.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:12 AM #51
Trikot

the neck protecter takes time to get used to...but it helps....getting bunkered and a neck shot hurts..a LOT...last time i got shot there like 3 times in 1 day and that was annoying....so you might want it....and most people dont care what u wear

"Originally Posted by Trinity1386: My solution to people cheating and not getting out when getting hit, run up to them and either lay about 20 balls on top of eachother when you hit them or just flat out run up and kick them in the balls then tell them to try and wipe that one off."
Old 07-09-2007, 12:20 PM #52
paintballmadman444

yeah best protecttive gear you should need is a neck protector (i use a bandanna)
and paintball paints with padded knees for sliding

Cross Country we can go the distance
Old 07-09-2007, 12:26 PM #53
Los789

Woodsball or speedsball? I guess that's the missing peice? My comments are for woodsball only since others seem to have gone over the speedball side of things...

If you are playing woodsball then a remote is fine. (you are going to be lugging your equipment for many many hours so this becomes as important of a consideration than how fast you can sprint). If you are going to use a harness with remote I recommend the CORE32 or a pod harness that has shoulder straps. This helps very much to distribute the weight better especially with a remote hanging off your butt. However you may very well find eventually you'll go to a proper vest. As far as remote lines being a hassle, this requries a few seconds of thought. You could perhaps clip the line to a caribiner that's on your chest, or your side, this keeps most of the remote line out of the way of getting snagged. (or get a remote line cover) Either way it's barely an issue.

As far as whether a neck protector or some other piece of gear being constricting, anything can be gotten used to very rapidly unless you are of such a whiny nature that the slightest encumberance can cause you to collapse in tears.(then for pete's sake you might want to stay away form woodsball) Apparently real infantryman are capable of lugging all kinds of stuff all day long in 100+ degree heat in combat with real bulltes and survive /excel So a few extra pounds of stuff that you lug around are basically nothing. Cheers...

Los
Old 07-09-2007, 12:38 PM #54
Sanborn55
PA Riotttt™

yea HK army bands are sweet

but neck protecters are cool if you dont want swelling or bleeding when you get hit in the neck.

Support your Local Field! donate at sbbihknarf@aol.com
Old 07-09-2007, 12:56 PM #55
Infamous034

yeah dude, theres nothing wrong with protectin..i play woodsball, and al i do is use camo pants, and a dark t shirt..it all depends on how much you want to haul around..and how bad you dont want to feel any pain getting shot.
-E-Grip
-Upgrade Cyclone
-Remote Line
Jon Richardson Fan Club #46
Infamous Fan Club #901
Old 07-09-2007, 03:23 PM #56
iday10
Insane in the Membrane

I personally wear just my dye invision pro, and full c6's. No armor at all. Most people at my field view armor as "for sissys", and as a consequence, nobody really wears armor. Personally, I'm fine with people wearing armor, (but i wouldn't personally wear it, I do a crapload of bunkering, and i'm kind of a pain junkie) But if you are not afraid of some jerks making fun of you, then get a neck protector. But if you really want to avoid being bonus balled like crazy, i would avoid anything other than that, and maybe some knee pads.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:39 PM #57
Los789

Certainly a cup wouldn't hurt either!
Old 07-10-2007, 02:00 AM #58
dajini

I wear a neck protector. I can easily take the pain of a neck hit (seriously folks, it hurts for 10 seconds or so then goes away) but I wear a neck protector because I'm paranoid about taking a hit to the adam's apple and dieing. The majority of players don't judge others based on the gear or the clothing they wear, and the few that would judge you don't deserve to have an opinion. Just my thoughts anyways...
Closed Thread