PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-07-2007, 11:38 PM #1
bama Pballer

Newb question about presseure and FPS

Is there any difference between pressure and PSI, such as if i was chronoing my gun, adjusting the FPS it shot, would i be adjusting the pressure? Specifically geared towards Ions.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-07-2007, 11:43 PM #2
kawicivic

kawicivic is a Supporting Member
psi is a measure of pressure.... pounds per square inch... the higher the pressure the more air its going to use and the faster the gun will shoot (in FPS, not balls per seconds... bps). FPS is feet per second and used to measure how fast teh paintballs exit the barrel.

ISU Redbirds Alumni
Rawking the EGO W/ a Stiffi ATM... may be in the market if I start playing again...
|Old Feedback
Old 07-08-2007, 08:04 AM #3
Psychotic #2

Psychotic #2 is an NCPA player
Psychotic #2 plays in the APPA D5 division
^ yep
Old 07-08-2007, 09:27 AM #4
QuencyJones16
Cause I don't have a gong

QuencyJones16 helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawicivic View Post
psi is a measure of pressure.... pounds per square inch... the higher the pressure the more air its going to use and the faster the gun will shoot (in FPS, not balls per seconds... bps). FPS is feet per second and used to measure how fast teh paintballs exit the barrel.
The PSI does not make your marker shoot faster, in terms of tanks, only in terms of pressure going into your marker. Just trying to get that clear. A tank with a fill capacity of 3000 psi, will shoot no slower than a tank with a fill capacity of 4500 psi. The only think that will really determine FPS is how much air you actally let into the marker, hopefully enough to make it shoot at the required or desired velocity, and if not you are experiencing shoot-down, or FSDO.

Feet Per Second D/T = V Just the measurement of how many feet a certain projectile travels in a given direction, time, and to a cartain distance, not just used in paintball, but used in many other applications as well.

I use Canon, oh yes.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:23 PM #5
azndave

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuencyJones16 View Post
The PSI does not make your marker shoot faster, in terms of tanks, only in terms of pressure going into your marker. Just trying to get that clear. A tank with a fill capacity of 3000 psi, will shoot no slower than a tank with a fill capacity of 4500 psi. The only think that will really determine FPS is how much air you actally let into the marker, hopefully enough to make it shoot at the required or desired velocity, and if not you are experiencing shoot-down, or FSDO.

Feet Per Second D/T = V Just the measurement of how many feet a certain projectile travels in a given direction, time, and to a cartain distance, not just used in paintball, but used in many other applications as well.
^ yep. And i love physics and all, but D/T=V seemed somewhat random...idk, w/e.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:49 PM #6
hp_lovecraft
Resident old timer

has been a member for 10 years
To be even more obscure, as the pressure in the tank drops from 4500psi to 1000psi, the OUTPUT of the tank actually RISES from 800 to 850psi.

During that change the inline reg probobly drops from 405-400, and the lpr might even rise from 100-100.5.... just an odd side effect of a floating reg.

nick