scientology.... work of the devil? or just some *******. - Page 3 - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

 
Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-04-2007, 06:47 PM #43
Derr
•THE EDITOR•
 
Derr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Morro Bay, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by DYE baller FOR life View Post
okay.
explain then.
since you obviously witnessed this explosion from complete nothingness.
elaborate please?

i never said i was smarter then anyone, i simply stated how that "something coming from nothing" is a pretty stupid idea.
can you guys supply solid proof of it?
Yes, but it's way above your current intelligence comprehension level. Sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DYE baller FOR life View Post
^^ that video explained it all.
lol.


article-TL;DR, not enough time tonight to read a bunch of stuff im not interested in.

if it's your belife, have fun.
it isn't mine, i disagree with it, i don't see it as anything logical.
i done arguing with you guys over the same thing over and over again.
You asked for explanation and then tell us you lack the requisite attention span to comprehend our explanations. You must be about 15 years old, huh?
__________________
::Derr's Epic Ride::

:shrimponatreadmill:
ssgaR:I genuinely dislike this derr guy. •• GE: Derr gets laid more often than you masturbate. *Nevar Forget*
TheMahone2491: Dont worry no matter what you say almighty Derr knows what YOU are thinking when you write your posts.
corporationpaintball: Derr has high standards, but to meet those standards should be a goal that you move towards because it will not only better your life in the long run, but the lives of those you are in contact with on an intellectual level.
DJ.Barman.helicopter[Pilot].sportbike[Rider].lineservice[Man]
Derr is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-04-2007, 06:56 PM #44
DYE baller FOR life
 
 
DYE baller FOR life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
derr-
please read the post i JUST put up.
and try to keep up.
__________________

If you pay for your own paintball stuff put this in your sig
95% of all ion owners think their 300 dollar "investment" is better than your 1400 dollar "p.o.s" if you want to bonus ball every ion owner that thinks this put this in your sig
a series of quotes by warbeak2099:"...You acted like a total immature jerk..." "...you were too immature to behave intelligently..." "Neener neener I win."
DYE baller FOR life is offline  
Old 07-04-2007, 08:11 PM #45
jcon217
 
 
jcon217's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: htown
Hey boss...you put it up 4 minutes before he did. Don't try and tell someone to try and keep up for that.
jcon217 is offline  
Old 07-04-2007, 08:22 PM #46
dcentII (Banned)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
big bang theory is quite plausible.

creationism is less so but a belief in god is very comforting and over all quite a good thing.

these however have nothing to do with the fact that every scientologist on the planet has at one point in their life had some form of stroke or aneurism thus rendering portions of their brain responsible for logical, independant thought rotten and useless.

like when you dont brush your teeth what happens? you get an abses, a blood infection that rots and kills the tooth from the inside out.

scientology ( the belief in scientology ) leads to a lack of logical linear thought on science and religion. much like a lack of tooth brushing leads to abses of the tooth, scientology leads to an abses if the brain rotting and poisoning it from the inside out.
proof you say?
john travollta, tom cruise, and whoever else..... I dont know anymore of hand.

scientology is the bastard child of rape ripped from the womb of an aged prostitute and ridiculed and called whoreson all his life. at some point during highschool, whoreson ( scientology ) decided to take out his agressions on the world by eating human brains much like zombies. whoreson destroys the individual creating an empty shell only capable of spewing poison and lies...... not unlike the face hugger from aliens. whoreson ( scientology ) destroys independant thought and the backbone to question those who pretend to be your mentors not unlike.....uh....... like when you do a fatality with subzero and you rip off the guys head and spine and the guy you were playing against is the guy who taught you how to do the fatality.

scientology. an abses on the brains of hollywood.
scientology. a face hugger in your apartment.
scientology. one of the coolest fatalitys from MK1 ( but not as good as some of the MK2 fatalitys. )
dcentII is offline  
Old 07-04-2007, 08:27 PM #47
DYE baller FOR life
 
 
DYE baller FOR life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
lol.
it's a good thing you havn't already made up your mind on this subject
lol.

i sense...
somewhat of tension between you and 'whoreson' lol.
__________________

If you pay for your own paintball stuff put this in your sig
95% of all ion owners think their 300 dollar "investment" is better than your 1400 dollar "p.o.s" if you want to bonus ball every ion owner that thinks this put this in your sig
a series of quotes by warbeak2099:"...You acted like a total immature jerk..." "...you were too immature to behave intelligently..." "Neener neener I win."
DYE baller FOR life is offline  
Old 07-05-2007, 12:34 AM #48
Crede777
Resident Agnostic
 
Crede777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Crede777 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Really, I like Warbird's question on how believing in some omnipotent being makes more sense than the Big Bang theory.

Here's how it goes:
1. Learn side 1 of the argument.
2. Learn side 2 of the argument.
3. Converse in the argument.

You can't skip 1 or 2 in order to be taken seriously in 3.
__________________
"We Fight! "We March!"
ST: P Conspiracy - It's what's for dinner
ST:R/P I ain't come from no fish!
Derr: Whether or not you believe the universe is here for a reason is patently irrelevant to whether or not the universe cares.
XBL = On3ManRi0t

Breakout Photos
Crede777 is offline  
Old 07-05-2007, 01:10 AM #49
Truthiness
 
 
Truthiness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
It's not like it's any more far-fetched than the Bible.
Truthiness is offline  
Old 07-05-2007, 04:52 AM #50
wgpskaterpunk
 
 
wgpskaterpunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: *Florida*
wgpskaterpunk is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthiness View Post
It's not like it's any more far-fetched than the Bible.
Exactly... its the same as the Bible, just a story made up so people think theres something for them later on.
__________________

My feedback 65+
wgpskaterpunk is offline  
Old 07-05-2007, 08:45 AM #51
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgpskaterpunk View Post
Exactly... its the same as the Bible, just a story made up so people think theres something for them later on.
hehee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
...
Here's how it goes:
1. Learn side 1 of the argument.
2. Learn side 2 of the argument.
3. Converse in the argument.

You can't skip 1 or 2 in order to be taken seriously in 3.
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline  
Old 07-05-2007, 04:04 PM #52
Derr
•THE EDITOR•
 
Derr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Morro Bay, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by DYE baller FOR life View Post
derr-
please read the post i JUST put up.
and try to keep up.
I DID read your little excuse. Was it supposed to mean something?

Oh yeah, please read the background information on the Crusades and big bang cosmology before posting about them again. And try to keep up.
__________________
::Derr's Epic Ride::

:shrimponatreadmill:
ssgaR:I genuinely dislike this derr guy. •• GE: Derr gets laid more often than you masturbate. *Nevar Forget*
TheMahone2491: Dont worry no matter what you say almighty Derr knows what YOU are thinking when you write your posts.
corporationpaintball: Derr has high standards, but to meet those standards should be a goal that you move towards because it will not only better your life in the long run, but the lives of those you are in contact with on an intellectual level.
DJ.Barman.helicopter[Pilot].sportbike[Rider].lineservice[Man]
Derr is offline  
Old 07-05-2007, 04:05 PM #53
Derr
•THE EDITOR•
 
Derr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Morro Bay, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
hehee
Irony is fun.
__________________
::Derr's Epic Ride::

:shrimponatreadmill:
ssgaR:I genuinely dislike this derr guy. •• GE: Derr gets laid more often than you masturbate. *Nevar Forget*
TheMahone2491: Dont worry no matter what you say almighty Derr knows what YOU are thinking when you write your posts.
corporationpaintball: Derr has high standards, but to meet those standards should be a goal that you move towards because it will not only better your life in the long run, but the lives of those you are in contact with on an intellectual level.
DJ.Barman.helicopter[Pilot].sportbike[Rider].lineservice[Man]
Derr is offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 04:26 AM #54
mossyspyder
Peplee
 
mossyspyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Burns Lake, BC, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbeak2099 View Post
Did you see God making the world? Can you supply solid proof of God making the universe? To us, a celestial being creating something out of nothing is quite a stupid idea. Why is yours not as stupid?

Besides, the Big Bang theory does not explain the creation of the universe as something from nothing. There was initial matter. The same way God was supposedly initial existence. So, please explain why yours is less silly. It's obvious that you don't understand the BB theory since you are misquoting it.
The thing is, christians already believe that the divine is possible (obviously), so really, us believing in god always being there makes sense. Now the big bang theory (as I understand it) doesn't really make sense for people to believe in because seeing as how they follow only what's scientifically possible, something can not just "be there", it must be created. If someone could please give me an explanation on where this matter came from that'd be cool (yes I actually want to listen), and please don't tell me to look at wikipedia, as that discusses more than just the origins of the universe, and someone in here, if they actually wanted to convince me (seeing as how they believe this), could simply tell me how it works in one sentence (as most christians don't say "I dont wanna explain this to an atheist, he should just go read a bible). Not trying to start a huge argument, just sticking up for what I beleve, and want to know how your perspective looks.
__________________
Silver NXT Shocker w/ Q-Lock
VLocity w/ Virtue Chip

If you went to the edge of the universe you'd go smack bang against the inside of your own skull.
mossyspyder is offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 04:34 AM #55
Derr
•THE EDITOR•
 
Derr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Morro Bay, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossyspyder View Post
The thing is, christians already believe that the divine is possible (obviously), so really, us believing in god always being there makes sense. Now the big bang theory (as I understand it) doesn't really make sense for people to believe in because seeing as how they follow only what's scientifically possible, something can not just "be there", it must be created. If someone could please give me an explanation on where this matter came from that'd be cool (yes I actually want to listen), and please don't tell me to look at wikipedia, as that discusses more than just the origins of the universe, and someone in here, if they actually wanted to convince me (seeing as how they believe this), could simply tell me how it works in one sentence (as most christians don't say "I dont wanna explain this to an atheist, he should just go read a bible). Not trying to start a huge argument, just sticking up for what I beleve, and want to know how your perspective looks.
Ok, here goes.

WARNING: Deep Thoughts Ahead

There is a potential for a large-scale dissemination of energy and particulate matter into our current brane via a macrocosmic exothermic breach in a sympathetic brane at a point in space whose size would be characteristic of a mathematical point and at a point in time concurrent with several billion Earth years prior to present day.
__________________
::Derr's Epic Ride::

:shrimponatreadmill:
ssgaR:I genuinely dislike this derr guy. •• GE: Derr gets laid more often than you masturbate. *Nevar Forget*
TheMahone2491: Dont worry no matter what you say almighty Derr knows what YOU are thinking when you write your posts.
corporationpaintball: Derr has high standards, but to meet those standards should be a goal that you move towards because it will not only better your life in the long run, but the lives of those you are in contact with on an intellectual level.
DJ.Barman.helicopter[Pilot].sportbike[Rider].lineservice[Man]

Last edited by Derr : 07-07-2007 at 04:42 AM. Reason: Warning placed.
Derr is offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 04:38 AM #56
the-mullet (Banned)
 
the-mullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
L. Ron Hubbard is rumored to have said "The way to make a million dollars is to start a religion."
and he is 100% correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derr View Post
Ok, here goes.

There is a potential for a large-scale dissemination of energy and particulate matter into our current brane via a macrocosmic exothermic breach in a sympathetic brane at a point in space whose size would be characteristic of a mathematical point and at a point in time concurrent with several billion Earth years prior to present day.
i think my brain just exploded
the-mullet is offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 04:41 AM #57
Derr
•THE EDITOR•
 
Derr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Morro Bay, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by the-mullet View Post
and he is 100% correct.

i think my brain just exploded
Hmmm, good point. There is potential for unintentional neural destruction.
__________________
::Derr's Epic Ride::

:shrimponatreadmill:
ssgaR:I genuinely dislike this derr guy. •• GE: Derr gets laid more often than you masturbate. *Nevar Forget*
TheMahone2491: Dont worry no matter what you say almighty Derr knows what YOU are thinking when you write your posts.
corporationpaintball: Derr has high standards, but to meet those standards should be a goal that you move towards because it will not only better your life in the long run, but the lives of those you are in contact with on an intellectual level.
DJ.Barman.helicopter[Pilot].sportbike[Rider].lineservice[Man]
Derr is offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 09:47 AM #58
warbeak2099
That is my foot!
 
warbeak2099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Wouldn't u like to know!
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossyspyder View Post
The thing is, christians already believe that the divine is possible (obviously), so really, us believing in god always being there makes sense. Now the big bang theory (as I understand it) doesn't really make sense for people to believe in because seeing as how they follow only what's scientifically possible, something can not just "be there", it must be created. If someone could please give me an explanation on where this matter came from that'd be cool (yes I actually want to listen), and please don't tell me to look at wikipedia, as that discusses more than just the origins of the universe, and someone in here, if they actually wanted to convince me (seeing as how they believe this), could simply tell me how it works in one sentence (as most christians don't say "I dont wanna explain this to an atheist, he should just go read a bible). Not trying to start a huge argument, just sticking up for what I beleve, and want to know how your perspective looks.
Let's say I said the matter was always there. Time is infinite, it has no beginning and no end. How would that be any different from saying your God was always there?
__________________
US Navy Baller
UL'd 07 PMR F/S, PM me if interested!
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
warbeak2099 is offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 01:06 PM #59
Derr
•THE EDITOR•
 
Derr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Morro Bay, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbeak2099 View Post
Let's say I said the matter was always there. Time is infinite, it has no beginning and no end. How would that be any different from saying your God was always there?
*cough*thermodynamic equilibrium*cough*
__________________
::Derr's Epic Ride::

:shrimponatreadmill:
ssgaR:I genuinely dislike this derr guy. •• GE: Derr gets laid more often than you masturbate. *Nevar Forget*
TheMahone2491: Dont worry no matter what you say almighty Derr knows what YOU are thinking when you write your posts.
corporationpaintball: Derr has high standards, but to meet those standards should be a goal that you move towards because it will not only better your life in the long run, but the lives of those you are in contact with on an intellectual level.
DJ.Barman.helicopter[Pilot].sportbike[Rider].lineservice[Man]
Derr is offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 02:40 PM #60
mynameisjonathon
This is the new sound..
 
mynameisjonathon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: TN
 has been a member for 10 years
I have written a 5 page paper on scientology and honestly they get some **** they don't even deserve.

People ***** at them for fixed donations, but think about how long the main religions have been around. Sorry they missed out on the time period where it was ok to make fixed donations, steal, sell indulgences, etc. to acumulate wealth.

The story is far feteched but its no more or less potent than any other religion. Its just less accepted beacuse it hasn't been around as long.

They have gotten into some fishy stuff, but the again what religion hasn't?
__________________
aim yooler
Rain down, rain down
Come on rain down on me
From a great height
From a great height... height...
Rain down, rain down

http://www.bestpanamacitybeachcondo.com
mynameisjonathon is offline  
 




Posting Rules
Forum Jump