PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-03-2007, 10:56 AM #1
defensedph

I need some help starting a team at my highschool

Hey everyone. A few friends of mine and I want to start up a club at our school. If you know Deerfield, Il, then you know how difficult of a task this is. We already tried once and the principal said that he has paintballed himself and he liked it a lot. So at that point we thought that he was going to allow it, but then he said that he could not associate the school with a sport that involves guns or other projectiles where students are targets. And as much as we tried to persuade him, he would not do it. However we will have a new principal this coming up year and I intend to ask her as well, so if you have any tips or ideas on how to start a pb club or how you started yours, I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks
Dave

Factory Paintball- It was a poopy place but it was my poopy place and I loved it.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-03-2007, 11:11 AM #2
pacasowithagun
SMASH! Now clean it up!!

pacasowithagun owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pacasowithagun is an NCPA National Champion
refer to the guns as markers. say you get marked instead of getting shot. even show her teh statistics that paintball is safer than football if played correctly, its even safer than golf.

but if all else fails, just screw the prinicipal and make your own team with out the schools support. thats what i did.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:19 AM #3
defensedph

we tried that. he still said that it was the idea of shooting a projectile at students. and we did call them markers

Factory Paintball- It was a poopy place but it was my poopy place and I loved it.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:40 PM #4
Gryph
I'm...I'm just speechless

Maybe you could try showing your principal a game of paintball, to show that it really isn't dangerous. Also, if he are worried about the people playing getting hurt, he has to understand that the players must know the risks of playing, and that the players decided to play by their own decision.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and a leaky tire.

IF THE FIRST THING YOU WOULD GRAB IN A FIRE IS YOUR PAINTBALL STUFF, PUT THIS IN YOUR SIG
Old 07-03-2007, 04:35 PM #5
Snido
VT Alumni

Snido plays in the PSP
Snido is an NCPA player
Snido plays in the APPA D5 division
You are most likely not going to get money from your school (most college teams dont) and technically to compete in the NCPA high school stuff you all just need to be from the same school and do not have to be affilated with them, so screw the school and get members by word of mouth or by going to the local fields or stores and see whos around. Then practice as you would with a normal team, its nothing special in begginning a high school team vs a regualr team just make sure every1 is from your school and do what you would do with a normal team.
Feedback
Old 07-03-2007, 05:56 PM #6
defensedph

yeah i know, thats what we were thinking but i alreay know evryone from my school who pb's. we were thinking about getting more of a large scale club going as opposed to just a team