Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 04:14 PM #64
Mahamoti

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDS. View Post
ill get pics up later, youll see why i need a new frame lol

but how much would the frame add on do you think???
Depends on the frame, of course. I'd take 40% off retail and add it to your marker's current value, as a rough guide. Know what frame you're getting? The Element V2s seem to have the highest resale.
Advertisement
Old 07-01-2007, 06:17 PM #65
FDS. (Banned)

im not sure if itll be to expensive

how do you figure the price out???
Old 07-01-2007, 06:27 PM #66
Mahamoti

There's a guide on the first page of this thread.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:08 PM #67
FDS. (Banned)

thanks
Old 07-02-2007, 04:15 AM #68
Dye_Fanatic
ya...oooook

depends on the type of frame
Old 07-02-2007, 01:40 PM #69
cbomber220

cbomber220 helped look for balloons
cbomber220 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
cbomber220 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
cbomber220 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit

Shot at 2007-07-02

Sp Ion
Sp Progressive
Sp Firebolt
Sp Q-Lock
Sp 360 qev
Sp S-Rail
Sp ASA
NDZ Blade
Kila Detents

just started it, what do you guys think?

Shoot. Kill. Win.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:45 PM #70
-STeALTh-

yo my ion is on the third page and i dont feel like reposting it, how much u think it is....
Old 07-02-2007, 01:46 PM #71
Idiosyncrisia
Shhh... Just embrace it.

cbomber, wow that's a hell of a lot of smart parts aftermarket. If only smart parts didn't have such a bad reputation as it is, they would be good upgrades, albeit, you could have chosen a slightly more techy bolt such as the nano, L7, or Hollow Point.

I'm gonna say around 200.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:47 PM #72
Idiosyncrisia
Shhh... Just embrace it.

stealth, I appraised it already. I'd ask for mahamoti's opinion however.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:04 PM #73
Mahamoti

cbomber220: 200 is about right.

-STeALTh-: 175-200.

Idio: I'm far from claiming to possess an expert opinion! Your appraisals seem to be on the money to me, too.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:09 PM #74
-STeALTh-

i doent disagree wit anybody but i cant get over the fact that i bought just the ion for 200$ n so much money on ups, but i would sell it for just 200$. i meen i understand cawse its used but w/e, thanks
Old 07-02-2007, 07:19 PM #75
SICoTTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by -STeALTh- View Post
i doent disagree wit anybody but i cant get over the fact that i bought just the ion for 200$ n so much money on ups, but i would sell it for just 200$. i meen i understand cawse its used but w/e, thanks
The money you spent on upgrades for your ion would have been more benefitial if you spent it on some grammar books :/

Anyways, that's how resale goes. More importantly, that's how ion resale goes. You have to expect that from a marker that has practically the worst reputation on the market.

Last edited by SICoTTE : 07-02-2007 at 08:30 PM.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:41 PM #76
Sinkhole
Rag Tag Mercenaries

Sinkhole owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Sinkhole owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by SICoTTE View Post
The money you spent on upgrades for your ion would have been more benefitial if you spent it on some grammar books :/

Anyways, that's how resale goes. More importantly, that's how ion resale goes. You have to expect that from a marker that has practically the worst reputation on the market.
You gotta blame Smart Parts for turning out a descent marker for a price low enough for every 15yr old kid to get one and screw it up so royaly, then blame the marker.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:00 AM #77
zoomie
Dual Pistol Guy

I've purchased 4 Ions and sold 3 and can give you a pretty good idea.

NOTE WHAT TYPE OF BUYER YOU'RE LOOKING TO SELL TO: It matters.
Type I: Newbie looking for something to shoot and heard the ION was good.
Type II: Someone upgrading from their Spyder or other to ION.
Type III: Someone who never really thought to purchase, but saw your ion and loves it.

MINDSET:
Type I: Looked up the retail of the price of an ION and found it to be $200-$225 plus shipping and tax. In their eyes, it's $200. They want a discount off $200. If the marker comes with other stuff, they'll pay the full $200. It's like getting a free hopper or whatever. This guy wants a package, but wouldnt' mind buying the pieces separately if he can get a good deal.

I don't really care much about ups at this point. If I can get it, I'll take it but I prefer a good price. Paintballing is expensive and I'm prepared to pay what's necessary, but not a dime more. Excite me with what your ION can offer. There's billions on the market. Why buy yours?

Type II: They're tired of their Spyder and the excitement is on. They're buying an ION to show off to their friends who still shoot Spyders. They've realized the potential of a higher end gun and are willing to pay a higher price (higher compared to the Spyder). They already have a hopper and perhaps even an electric one. Don't bother selling a package to this guy.

I've been shooting a Spyder and people just keep making fun of me. I love the Spyder because its my first gun. Nice and shiny. It's green. First gift from dad, but I'd love to have an ION. Either daddy'll buy it for me or I'll get it myself. Either way, I'm ready for a step up. There's no way I'm buying a board for my Spyder. Ups would be great. I'm researching it, but pretty much I just want the ION.

Type III: They've owned markers before. They're tripped up because they saw photos of your ION and it's just too awesome to pass up. It's a dream they cant' stop thinking about. AKA Cheezsteak's ION. It's one of a kind. The buyer will keep the ION the way it is. They've fallen in love with the customization and realize they can't get it anywhere else. They're prepared to pay a price for it but the dream can be replaced by something more affordable. They've saved photos of the ION, bookmarked it and has followed the thread forever.

This marker's too good to pass up. I probably will never get it though. Maybe if I save up, I can get it. No one will buy it. It's too expensive. I'll put in an offer and see what happens. If I get the money and it's still available, I'm definitely going for it.....if the interest hasn't lapsed by then. I love the marker and wouldn't change a thing about it. AKA Cheezsteak's marker. Ooooo!

VALUE OF UPS:
What's valuable and what's not will definitely change depending on which type of buyer you're looking to attract. You may want one over the other simply based on price, you might care who eventually owns your ion, our perhaps your ion naturally lends itself to being sold to one particular type/group.

- Boards have value. Be it a Blackheart, T-Board, Tadao, Virtue or other. You'll get a better price selling the board separately IF and ONLY IF you plan to sell the ION as a package. People typically won't pay too much more for the board if they're already spending a ton on the hopper and tank. The overall pricetag is just too high. Recommendation is to lower the price to make it affordable and sell the board to someone who really wants it.

- Triggers don't have value Small items like this and QEV's are a plus, but can always be purchased later. You won't get much from having this on your ION.

- Body kits will help you sell the marker. You're taking a risk however. People obviously have different preferences of color, so if you have a white ION, you're only going to attract Storm Trooper wannabes (my friend) and other very limited folks. Less people will want a pink ION. It's best to sell it with the black kit. Some people really do care that the gun matches their outfit (me = camo + tactical green ION). If you're selling to a Type I, it can pretty much be any color. If it's something other than black, it's cool and more attractive and will sell for higher.

- Drop forwards have little to no value. Every marker that has a on and off typically has a drop forward. You won't much more for these features, but it will sell for more than if it didn't have it. You won't be selling stuff like this to a Type I. If you are, be prepared to take little or no money for these extra ups.

- Bolts also have very little value. Some are rumored to break in half. It's something that is given very little credit for improving the performance of the marker and on top of that, you can't see it (not should you be looking directly into the barrel).

- Virtue eyes have good resale value for buyers NOT in the Type I category. It's a cool factor that's kinda useless. But if you've had your ION for awhile, you might want something new to make it a bit cooler than it was before. Don't sell a Type III marker with too many ups. Your buyer is looking at the other major cosmetic changes like the Dynasty body kit you popped on or the new trigger frame. At the same time however, they would have spent a lot of money on your custom work and wouldn't want to pay more later for ups. They want it, but they're not going to pay for it. The premium comes with the looks of this custom ION.

- Feednecks have selective value. A Type I buyer won't care. A Type II and Type III however WILL care. They've used IONS with stock feednecks and realize the pain of putting the hopper on and dealing with the extra height that gets them shot out during games. They want a lowrise and will pay a bit more for 'em. Feednecks however do not have much value when sold separately. (If it did, I would have sold my lowrise Q-lock clamping feedneck for $15 shipped by now. Any takers?)

- Freak barrels have an acceptable premium. ti's best to provide at least one insert because otherwise, the ION's no good. Type II and Type III buyers know freak barrels are expensive, so if they can get it in a package for even slightly lower, they'll take it.

A NOTE ON BROKEN GUNS:
- No one wants to buy a marker that needs to be fixed. There's too much risk. And for that risk the seller will pay. You'd be lucky to get $100 out of a broken ION. As a buyer, it might make sense to buy one and buy a stock board from another pbnation member for $25 for a total of $125 for a stock gun. These markers however have often times been abused and given horrible paint jobs. AKA nasty green custom painted ION I saw on this forum for the $100 I'm talking about.

A NOTE ON STOCK IONS:
- People are looking for $175 but often won't find it. They're forced to pay higher prices for something with ups. They'll spend $200 on an upped ION because stock IONS really aren't available. As a seller, you'd probably get $150-175 shipped for a stock one.

THE BOTTOM LINE:
Rarely will an ION's selling price exceed $300. When it does, it's a Type III marker. With a few useless ups (though we love, buyers don't find value in them), you're looking at $200-225 range. The buyer is basically paying retail with free ups. If you have a board, you're looking at $250 and higher. Unless it's parted from the ION, boards don't go for much more than $40-60.

DISCLAIMER: This is all from my experience. Others may have had different experiences and there are always exceptions. Trends are forever changing. Availability of IONS will always be high, but matching buyers to sellers is always a tough game. My evaluation is not meant to support sellers to get high prices nor buyers to get low prices. It's purely an observation of what's already happened. It's all about the timing. Good luck on the purchase and sale and enjoy the ION. Play safe.
Zboard for Egg Hopper (Evolution)
Lens for Proto Switch mask/goggles: tinted or colored
Ebay Feedback
Pb Feedback

Last edited by zoomie : 07-04-2007 at 03:09 AM.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:10 AM #78
paint111bw

No pics but I have an all stock ion that has never seen air and a used redz pepper stick with it. how much?
http://www.freewebs.com/th3executioners/
Old 07-04-2007, 03:58 AM #79
zoomie
Dual Pistol Guy

And now for the appraisals....

The following are what I feel are fair prices for buyers and sellers. I both purchase and sell markers, so it's in my best interest to support both parties. You are of course entitled to your own opinion. I do not in anyway claim mine is superior to yours. I can only state what I've experienced. I have included a price RANGE so that in the case the buyer and seller sees my credibility, there is room for negotiation/shipping/paypal fees. And without further delay, I present to you the list:

SINKHOLE:
I agree entirely. Markers get sold for less than $300 unless there's been crazy custom ups unlike any other or it includes a crazily expensive body kit that only a select few are only willing to pay for. As much experience as I claim to have with IONS, I'm surprised even at myself that I haven't seen a blue aftermarket Breech before. That's pretty cool. Considering it has Virtue Eyes and Board + full Freak kit with all inserts, you're looking at $300-350. But be prepared to wait awhile for a sale of an item as upped as this that includes expensive accessories. I actually recommend selling the freak kit separately from the marker. You'll make more and you'll satisfy two parties instead of one. There's always people looking for Freak Kits. By the way, the gun shows good taste. Bit of a sleeper, but definitely has some nice flair. I like it.

Loc31007: Very clean gun. The small photo doesn't do it justice. The large photo looks very nice. This is a Type III gun for sure. New trigger frame, rare body, hose aligned nicely to the bottom of the marker. Grip is tastefully presented to match and contrast with the color schemes of the rest of the gun. Can you tell I like it? Though your marker is much nicer than the one above, it does not include a board nor the expensive Freak Kit. I think we're looking at the same price. $300-350. I can imagine myself owning your ION, but I'm not in the market to buy at this moment. I saved your photo. Hope you don't mind.

Mahamoti:
I like your technique. Stated simply. What you're saying sounds fair.

FirstTimeVLPlayer:
You lowballed him with the $175 figure. That's only for a stock ION with maybe a few useless ups. I'm confident to say $200 shipped. You'd be getting free ups. And you're not paying tax nor shipping. Seller may be able to hold out for $210, but highly unlikely anytime soon.

kaosclick: Your asking price sounds very fair.

FirstTimeVLPlayer: Tank and hopper brand new with the ION on ebay is $300 or more depending on the types. $250 or in that range is a fair deal. Not super great because I saw a deal like yours for $200 for a non upped ION with new tank. That was a rare on though. You paid a fair price although I'd lean more towards the $240-250 range.

Cruiseman: You're looking at the $300 plus range because you have a full package. Halo B ripped with a tank. Good stuff. I'd say $300-$325 would be fair. You're taking a hit on the hopper, so maybe you want to sell that separately. There's lots of buyers for those.

clackclackclack: $240-$255 since it has a Virtue retailed at over 100 buckaroos. You might have to throw in a VL hopper though. It's not the most attractive looking gun. Looks very warn and nothing really goes together. If it looked nicer, you could get more, but there's not much you can do at this point. Apparently Idiosyncrisia feels the same way.

In general, the more traditional gun with black body kit will attract more buyers.

Shane_98c: Spend the $5-7 and get a new hose for it. People want to buy a working gun without spending time and effort into making it work. You'll make your money back on the hose with more buyer offers. You're looking at a $195-$215 range. You're taking a hit b/c people won't recognize the regulator. Color is mismatched and the on/off looks horrible. People buy with their eyes before their wallets.

DillonT: It might be tough to sell that color scheme. The feedneck doesn't help with height. It actually appears to be worse although it matches the accent colors. Rare grip, but people wont' pay much if anything for that. You might be taking a hit. Showing the stock parts and the membrane especially will give you more buyers at a higher price. Hard to say, but maybe $190-$210. This is the toughest one for me yet.

SFAR785: Color matching schemes are always attractive no matter how wacky the design on the body. Looks good. Assuming it doesn't come with the hopper and tank, this virtued ION may go for around $250-$275. Virtue board always takes a hit unless sold separately. It's rare looking enough to sell together. I don't necessarily suggest parting, but you can try. Yours is another one of my favorites. I can imagine it in my paintball bag.

Chrisandrew25: If blue was my color scheme, i'd like to have yours...hypothetically. I already have an ION. You might want to state that it's an ION PRO. No ordinary ION. Looks fabulous. I can see why you're asking more than $300 b/c of the new body kit. I might not go as high as $320 however. People do prefer the Virtue board more than the Blackheart if they get it in a package. Sold separately, people care less. I'm thinking $295-$310 range. Very nice. Type III marker.

cheezsteak: Undoubtedly a Type III marker. I've never seen anything like it. Does Terminator come with it? Unfortunately there aren't a lot of buyers paying high prices for IONS. They'd rather have an E-tek. I'm not sure it'd hit as high as $475, but if it does, it would be a wait. $370-$425. It's just that once you hit the $300 threshold, it's tough to get higher. You've done it with the amazing ups that match the expectations looking at it. Congrats, but you may end up keeping it as a trophy. SINKHOLE seems to love it.

Mahamoti: Very nice photo. Clear and good angle! With a marker looking that sexy, I'm glad not to be disappointed by the lack of a board. Good stuff. Your asking price is very high though. Unfortunately customizing is mostly for the original owner. It's like a car. People would rather fix it up themselves than buy one fixed up. I'm looking at sub $400. If that membrane has been modded to be seamless with nothing hanging out the side, take a closer photo and note it. If you're not positive you want to sell, you may want to just keep it. You've invested beyond it's value.

OKAY, I'M TIRED. I'VE BEEN WRITING THIS FOR WELL OVER 1 HOUR. FROM NOW ON, I'M ONLY APPRAISING IONS WITH PHOTOS. GOOD NIGHT Y'ALL. PLAY SAFE. SEE YOU AGAIN SOON.....
Ebay Feedback
Pb Feedback
Old 07-04-2007, 06:44 PM #80
zoomie
Dual Pistol Guy

Appraisals continued....

...for those with photos only.

DISARMER: I'm glad to see yours has a new board. Lucky Stage 4 eh? You're looking at something far from $800. You might not get even half that. $300-350. Give or take a few. The body kit is nice. But as i stated before. It's tougher to squeeze the last $10 out of a buyer than it is to squeeze the first $10. People are just not as willing to spend more once they hit the $300 mark.

STEALTH: Thanks for including a recent photo. I disagree with the post below your appraisal request. I think you can get more than $200 out of it. But with no on/off and no board, you're looking at not much more than $215. $200-220. With the full freak kit and box, you're looking at a bit more. Freak kit is sold at about $60-80. You might get more money if you sold the freak kit separately. As a package, you're looking at a good $240 - $260 I'd say. It's been tastefully put together which people will appreciate. I like how the trigger matches the insert you have on the freak.

more later....
Ebay Feedback
Pb Feedback
Old 07-05-2007, 11:07 AM #81
orlandoassassin
>In the middle<

ion with q lock, cp trig, blackheart, silver body, ndz on off, egg, and crossfire tank. will it sell for 250 on ebay? ifnot, how much is it worth

CPOA
Old 07-05-2007, 11:08 AM #82
orlandoassassin
>In the middle<

CPOA
Old 07-05-2007, 01:46 PM #83
angelshoota7

sig?
Old 07-05-2007, 04:29 PM #84
Disarmer
Gig 'em

Disarmer helped look for balloons
Disarmer is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Disarmer has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Disarmer is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomie View Post
...for those with photos only.

DISARMER: I'm glad to see yours has a new board. Lucky Stage 4 eh? You're looking at something far from $800. You might not get even half that. $300-350. Give or take a few. The body kit is nice. But as i stated before. It's tougher to squeeze the last $10 out of a buyer than it is to squeeze the first $10. People are just not as willing to spend more once they hit the $300 mark.

STEALTH: Thanks for including a recent photo. I disagree with the post below your appraisal request. I think you can get more than $200 out of it. But with no on/off and no board, you're looking at not much more than $215. $200-220. With the full freak kit and box, you're looking at a bit more. Freak kit is sold at about $60-80. You might get more money if you sold the freak kit separately. As a package, you're looking at a good $240 - $260 I'd say. It's been tastefully put together which people will appreciate. I like how the trigger matches the insert you have on the freak.

more later....
Thanks for the Opinion, and I've decided not to sell the marker because people just don't appreciate it. I'm going to have it annodized and will keep it for good.

Thanks
Closed Thread