Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-25-2007, 06:33 PM #652
NorKenBalla

NorKenBalla owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i used krylon fusion for plastic on my frames i did about 4-5 layers of this then i used krylon matte finish clear coat and used about 2 layers of that and let it dry about 15-20 mins between each coat but i let the clear coat sit for about a 30 mins -1 hour between them and i let the mask all together dry for a day with a heater next to it and about a day or two just sitting there then when i went to put my lens back in i kinda had to bend the frame up a little bit and the paint just cracked... that is exactly what i did and used did i do something wrong or should i not of used the clear coat????
NorKenBalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-25-2007, 06:50 PM #653
tgs-killer
Independent Variable.

You did everything wrong, dont use krylon simple. Krylon will crack no matter what you do.....they are made for the hard type plastics like NON BENDABLE plastics. What you can do for your masks are these choices: spend your time peeling away the paint, or use some paint stripper and or paint thinner to take the paint off. Fully prep your mask and use PLASTI DIP FOR BENDABLE PLASTICS, and your done
While the majority of people not need firearms, consider that this tool is now widely distributed to most of all peoples, including bad people. Such people who will do harm with one of these tools in time. So we ought to have to ability to defend ourselves against said threats with equal or greater fire power. Unfortunately, tis only law-abiding citizens are primarily being targeted by Government. Further, crime is caused by unlawful peoples of society, so how are Government orders going to now effect the criminals if the orders hadn't affected them initially? There is a hidden agenda here. Think about it
tgs-killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 07:08 PM #654
NorKenBalla

NorKenBalla owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
yea i got really mad and cracked alot of it off then took all the paint off the next day.... i only read the first page of this thread so i didnt hear nothin about plasti dip untill after i did it but thank you for your help bud
NorKenBalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 08:48 PM #655
tgs-killer
Independent Variable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorKenBalla View Post
yea i got really mad and cracked alot of it off then took all the paint off the next day.... i only read the first page of this thread so i didnt hear nothin about plasti dip untill after i did it but thank you for your help bud
No problem, let us know how everything turns out or if you have any further questions
While the majority of people not need firearms, consider that this tool is now widely distributed to most of all peoples, including bad people. Such people who will do harm with one of these tools in time. So we ought to have to ability to defend ourselves against said threats with equal or greater fire power. Unfortunately, tis only law-abiding citizens are primarily being targeted by Government. Further, crime is caused by unlawful peoples of society, so how are Government orders going to now effect the criminals if the orders hadn't affected them initially? There is a hidden agenda here. Think about it
Old 06-26-2007, 02:59 PM #656
auroradrivesnice

THANKS FOR THE THREAD AND THE WASTED 5 BUCKS!

just another spray paint that cracks.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:00 PM #657
tgs-killer
Independent Variable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroradrivesnice View Post
THANKS FOR THE THREAD AND THE WASTED 5 BUCKS!

just another spray paint that cracks.
If your talking about the krylon then I would agree with you...but if your talking about the plasti dip then I would completely disagree
Old 06-26-2007, 09:46 PM #658
Got bunkerd
Dont get bunkerd

tgs-killer, i got a quick question, is there any special kind of plasti dip white or just buy the regular spray one? Also how well does it last compared to krylon? Also do i need to seal/ spray some primer on plasti dip
Invert Mini LE Silver #1339
EGO5 Black/Red fade
70/45 crossfire
VLocity
They Ripp... Butt holes
Got bunkerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:25 PM #659
tgs-killer
Independent Variable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got bunkerd View Post
tgs-killer, i got a quick question, is there any special kind of plasti dip white or just buy the regular spray one? Also how well does it last compared to krylon? Also do i need to seal/ spray some primer on plasti dip
No special kind, they are available in 2 kinds: the dip version and the spray version. Of course you will be using the spray kind, there are blue, red, white, black, and yellow I believe......it lasts a very long time compared to krylon; no chips, discoloration, etc......You will not need any primer or clear coating for plasti dip, but you will need to fully prep your project prior to painting I hope this helps!
Old 06-26-2007, 10:46 PM #660
Got bunkerd
Dont get bunkerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgs-killer View Post
No special kind, they are available in 2 kinds: the dip version and the spray version. Of course you will be using the spray kind, there are blue, red, white, black, and yellow I believe......it lasts a very long time compared to krylon; no chips, discoloration, etc......You will not need any primer or clear coating for plasti dip, but you will need to fully prep your project prior to painting I hope this helps!
OIC, how do ur mask hold up?
EGO5 Black/Red fade
70/45 crossfire
VLocity
They Ripp... Butt holes
Old 06-26-2007, 11:22 PM #661
tgs-killer
Independent Variable.

Quote:
OIC, how do ur mask hold up?
Well my flex that I painted white a couple years ago with plasti dip (resembled a HB flex bottom BTW), suprisingly held up through rough play But I don't have it right now though, I sold it to a close buddy of mine that paintballs more than me
Old 06-26-2007, 11:31 PM #662
Nah 85
- muted -

Nah 85 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkaiKoe View Post
Can you post any pics of invision painted? THX!
yes i am curious how it can be properly done
Old 06-27-2007, 12:34 AM #663
Got bunkerd
Dont get bunkerd

Quote:
Well my flex that I painted white a couple years ago with plasti dip (resembled a HB flex bottom BTW), suprisingly held up through rough play But I don't have it right now though, I sold it to a close buddy of mine that paintballs more than me
Hah, so it will last a long time from what your sayin. As of now i bought plastic enamel, don't know if its the same as plasti dip but the guy said it will work on flexible plastics, so its a risk im willin to take. Spray my frame, lookin good so far just gotta add a couple more coats and let it sit overnight, ill try to post pics

O yea primer/clear coat is the same thing right, because it says you don't need primer
EGO5 Black/Red fade
70/45 crossfire
VLocity
They Ripp... Butt holes
Old 06-27-2007, 01:21 AM #664
tgs-killer
Independent Variable.

Quote:
Hah, so it will last a long time from what your sayin. As of now i bought plastic enamel, don't know if its the same as plasti dip but the guy said it will work on flexible plastics, so its a risk im willin to take. Spray my frame, lookin good so far just gotta add a couple more coats and let it sit overnight, ill try to post pics

O yea primer/clear coat is the same thing right, because it says you don't need primer
Alright, that sounds promising. Primer is something that is sprayed on a surface prior to painting, that helps the paint adhere better to the surface....some primers have different functions; some act as rust preventers, etc.....and clear coat is to keep the paint finish looking the same, it also helps prevent any damage to the actual paints surface. And again some clear coaters have different functions as well, let us know how it turns out dude. And take some pics as well! I hope this helps!
Old 06-27-2007, 11:58 AM #665
stkjuggernaut
hooters>raisins

stkjuggernaut is playing at Living Legends VII
lol i love the last pic
stkjuggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 12:57 PM #666
the real deal 06
are those my balls on you

u guys are noobs the paints gonna chip i tryed that to but it chipped after like 10 shots in the face
the real deal 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 02:08 PM #667
Got bunkerd
Dont get bunkerd

Quote:
Alright, that sounds promising. Primer is something that is sprayed on a surface prior to painting, that helps the paint adhere better to the surface....some primers have different functions; some act as rust preventers, etc.....and clear coat is to keep the paint finish looking the same, it also helps prevent any damage to the actual paints surface. And again some clear coaters have different functions as well, let us know how it turns out dude. And take some pics as well! I hope this helps!
So would u say i need to clear coat it? Did u clear coat yours when u plasti dipped it or w/e
EGO5 Black/Red fade
70/45 crossfire
VLocity
They Ripp... Butt holes
Old 06-27-2007, 03:38 PM #668
tgs-killer
Independent Variable.

Quote:
So would u say i need to clear coat it? Did u clear coat yours when u plasti dipped it or w/e
No do not clear coat plasti-dip, I didn't for mine because it's not necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by the real deal 06 View Post
u guys are noobs the paints gonna chip i tryed that to but it chipped after like 10 shots in the face
Hey dude I'd watch your tongue on who your calling nubs, people have diff results don't go spoiling someones project because something bad happened to you So STFU and GTFO
Old 06-27-2007, 04:01 PM #669
Got bunkerd
Dont get bunkerd

Hah ownd.. Alright my frame looks good after i little more coatings ill try to post pics up soon
EGO5 Black/Red fade
70/45 crossfire
VLocity
They Ripp... Butt holes
Old 06-27-2007, 04:59 PM #670
Got bunkerd
Dont get bunkerd

So here are pics of its progress:

The blue spaces are stripes along the outside of the frame, now its a pain to put the straps back on

finished product coming soon
EGO5 Black/Red fade
70/45 crossfire
VLocity
They Ripp... Butt holes
Old 06-27-2007, 06:56 PM #671
tgs-killer
Independent Variable.

Sweet dude, it's looking great There are some cracks within the frame, is that because of the stripes you were trying to do?
Old 06-27-2007, 07:10 PM #672
Got bunkerd
Dont get bunkerd

Quote:
Sweet dude, it's looking great There are some cracks within the frame, is that because of the stripes you were trying to do?
yea, and mostly taped part of that area so some of the spray didnt get through. Is there any easier way to put straps back on my fingers are starting to get blisters, lol not really.
Hopefully all goes well
EGO5 Black/Red fade
70/45 crossfire
VLocity
They Ripp... Butt holes