damn

ATL
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-22-2007, 07:27 PM #44
T.Scruggs
Hardwork

T.Scruggs plays in the APPA D4 division
Did they atleast take Ultimate out to dinner and a movie before they violated them? 23-1 is INSANE. I have no IDEA how you can get up on a team like that.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:30 PM #45
fs8frenzy
im a silly goose

fs8frenzy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Scruggs View Post
Did they atleast take Ultimate out to dinner and a movie before they violated them? 23-1 is INSANE. I have no IDEA how you can get up on a team like that.
the first score doesnt matter they lost the next two games
Pump Scout has a little dick.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:47 PM #46
T.Scruggs
Hardwork

T.Scruggs plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by fs8frenzy View Post
the first score doesnt matter they lost the next two games
They could never win a point ever again, beating someone that bad will go down i history as one of the most lopsided wins ever, I wonder what happen.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:07 PM #47
EvilPopTart

Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is a Moderator
EvilPopTart is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
EvilPopTart is playing at Living Legends VII
EvilPopTart is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkParris View Post
RL is out....
PBStar jinxed Russian Legion big time.

Quote:
With the big win, the Russians have probably secured themselves a spot to Sunday even if they lose their next 2 games, which isn't likely.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:23 PM #48
Bo KNOS BO
SCREW YOU OLLIE

no idk wat happened 2 the russians but the got bumped and that is pretty funny!!!
but yes the beat the worst team in the NXL 23-1
its paintball any given match, well u kno the rest

VIVA LA TECH!
Old 06-22-2007, 08:24 PM #49
Brewski927
Florida Baller 407!

It looks like they fell asleep on everyone else. I cannot believe they lost two straight games and they didn't make it to the quarterfinals. When was the last time that happened? I hope they wake up for the next tournament and put a beating on all of the teams and not just one team. They will need it, if they want to win the NXL title.
Russian Legion #608
Tampa Bay Damage #102
If you think agg is pointless and has nothing to do with paintball, put this in your sig
HSP

DRAXXUS PANTS F/S
Old 06-22-2007, 08:53 PM #50
dustinsobolik
Fargo United

dustinsobolik is a Supporting Member
Aftershock? Strange? What happened?
Old 06-22-2007, 09:14 PM #51
Dkepp™
OG

Dkepp™ plays in the USPL
Dkepp™ plays in the PSP
Dkepp™ owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Dkepp™ plays in the APPA D3 division
its wierd sometimes they play really reallly good and sometimes they get murdered i saw them play againts the ironmen in mao in i think the semis they lost the first 5 or 6 points just looked like a d2 team and then like a light switch they turned it on and came back and put up like 8 or 9 points to win its almost like they try to play bad on purpose sometimes to make matches more interesting.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:29 PM #52
DYEAMG87

they experiment with alot of different plays and breakouts.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:42 PM #53
Ishy_27
GWC 30

Ishy_27 plays in the PSP
Ishy_27 plays in the APPA D4 division
Ishy_27 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinsobolik View Post
Aftershock? Strange? What happened?
those are very unrated teams, strange mainly. they are very good with figuring out what your doing it and countering it.

Hespeler Hooligans '11
London Express 2007-2010

| Old Feedback | New feedback |
Old 06-22-2007, 10:19 PM #54
EvilPopTart

Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is a Moderator
EvilPopTart is a Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is playing at Living Legends VII
EvilPopTart is Boss
some of you guys sound like the Russians are done for good. everyone has a bad event every now and then. Safe money would be the Russians winning cup and of course the year's series.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:25 PM #55
Ynnekdude
Carpe Diem

All I have to say is that I have very little respect for PSP any longer. The reffing was biased and I am not saying this strictly because I am an RL fan. Several players/teams were ripped off by refs. In particular, during the RL vs Strange match today: there were about 6 seconds left on the clock when the last RL player got shot before half and when he did the Strange player ran for the flag but oh wait, the clock stopped for some reason? The clock stuck at 6 for a a second or two then began to run again...odd eh? Weird it gave that player just enough time to score a point against RL before half...And if anyone wants to call BS on that go for it but I was in the pits and I saw what happened. It was complete BS and whoever is behind this bull**** lobsided reffing needs to lose their job. There's scandals in other sports but I've never seen such unfair calls and rediculous reffing in my life. Several strange players were hit, on the back, kept playing and when the ref finally pulled them no flag was thrown, not even a 2 minute minor. Also, during several other games, I watched as teams were ripped off due to refs listening to fans and not actually checking the players themselves. Fans would yell "HES HIT HES HIT ON HIS HOPPER!" and instead of the ref actually moving his *** to check he'd automatically say "GET OUT GET OUT!" As the players walked off not a single hit, or any hit for that matter, appeared on them that the ref would have been able to see from their distant angle. I'm not saying RL lost strictly because of that; no doubt they were having a bad couple days but biased reffing and terrible calls don't help anyone.

PS: I believe there are morning and afternoon refs, though I may be mistaken, but I beleive if that is true the morning refs were good, afternoon were not.
"This is a hard job, and I'm not just saying this to win favour with lorry drivers. It's a hard job - change gear, change gear, change gear, check your mirrors, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, murder. That's a lot of effort in a day."

Russian Legion Fanclub #16
Old 06-22-2007, 10:26 PM #56
Seatbelts
Buckle up

Seatbelts supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPopTart View Post
some of you guys sound like the Russians are done for good. everyone has a bad event every now and then. Safe money would be the Russians winning cup and of course the year's series.
i agree.everyone has a bad day

You're nobody, till somebody, kills you. -Biggie.
I'm amazin', yeah, I'm all that If I ain't on my grind then what you call that? Victorious, yeah, we warriors We make history, strive off victory
Old 06-22-2007, 10:35 PM #57
pbfreak910

Well, i'm a huge dynasty fan so this will help my favorite team win the title but... i would have been cool to see dynasty vs. legion in the finals.
Cobra Paintball
TC Paintball in Grand Rapids
Old 06-22-2007, 11:21 PM #58
pbbliss
Philippians 4:13

Annual Supporting Member
pbbliss plays in the PSP
pbbliss is Legendary
pbbliss supports Empire
pbbliss is All In
pbbliss is All In
I'm shocked. I'm a huge RL fan and YES a Strange Fan. I had a tough time when I saw the brackets but I still felt like RL would pull it off. However Strange is the most underrated team out there. People forget - who were the two teams in the NXL debut at Cup for the big TV and all that mess - It was Strange and of course the AA's.

I think that's why I like both of these teams - I feel they are the two best methodical, systematic, skill driven teams out there. RL has the money backing them which takes them a little farther and of course Strange had half it's roster taken by Doc (yea thanks). SO when you have two teams matched in their approach to the game it can go either way. And maybe the refs, as according to ynnekdude, did make a difference.

crap. well, i was looking forward to RL playing again on Sunday. Not this time though. I think the Russians will be out for 110% in Council Bluffs.
Strange Fan #196
Tampa Bay Damage #63
Old 06-23-2007, 12:05 AM #59
Joe The Hoe

i dont think they gave it there all today , there was some matches where they where ****ing amazeing then they would be horrible for some others for the most part they can do better for what they put out today, good try any ways guys.

Russian Legion Fan # 982
Old 06-23-2007, 12:42 PM #60
SpI806

SpI806 plays in the PSP
SpI806 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
SpI806 plays in the APPA D4 division
SpI806 supports DLX Technology
i was at psp refs didnt see half the hits, and on some teams they where giving really unfair penalties... i saw this kid take around 16 hits str8 ramped on his neck and ref didnt call overshoot penalty the crowd went insane.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:03 PM #61
blinkblue22

ynnekdude.

The clock stopping for a second.... well it didnt stop. This happend at world cup a few times and if you watched the clock it skipped a second or two when it started back up so if it it was at 6 seconds and stopped it would be at 4 or 3 seconds when it started back up. The computer gets ahead of itself and has to stop it. Straight from and RL coaches mouth at cup last year.

They are the same refs all day. So I am certain by the last few matches of the day they are tired from standing and running in the sun all day. So if a few fans yell he is hit and they are drained, granted it is their job to go and check no matter what, and will want to make it as easy as possible on themselves.

As for penalties. I will agree with you on that. On any field the refs were horrible at that. The Avalanche vs Impact game is probably the best example of it all weekend long. Impact guys would clearly get hit on their hoppers and play on for 30 seconds to a minute while every 'Lanche guy would be going nuts in the pit trying to make sure that G gets pulled before he can wipe.

The reffing does suck, a lot, but at the end of the day the better team wins. It is not like 7 man where you play 2 maybe 3 games against a team, and that decides who wins, you play a good 15+ points. So a couple games of bad reffing won't go ruining a game. I think the russians needed this, they seemed like they took this tournament for granted, and played as if they had already won it all after the first game.

I am an RL fan, so I am not coming here and starting ****, but sometimes you just gotta say "my team got beat"
Old 06-23-2007, 01:11 PM #62
Ynnekdude
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkblue22 View Post
ynnekdude.

The clock stopping for a second.... well it didnt stop. This happend at world cup a few times and if you watched the clock it skipped a second or two when it started back up so if it it was at 6 seconds and stopped it would be at 4 or 3 seconds when it started back up. The computer gets ahead of itself and has to stop it. Straight from and RL coaches mouth at cup last year.

They are the same refs all day. So I am certain by the last few matches of the day they are tired from standing and running in the sun all day. So if a few fans yell he is hit and they are drained, granted it is their job to go and check no matter what, and will want to make it as easy as possible on themselves.

As for penalties. I will agree with you on that. On any field the refs were horrible at that. The Avalanche vs Impact game is probably the best example of it all weekend long. Impact guys would clearly get hit on their hoppers and play on for 30 seconds to a minute while every 'Lanche guy would be going nuts in the pit trying to make sure that G gets pulled before he can wipe.

The reffing does suck, a lot, but at the end of the day the better team wins. It is not like 7 man where you play 2 maybe 3 games against a team, and that decides who wins, you play a good 15+ points. So a couple games of bad reffing won't go ruining a game. I think the russians needed this, they seemed like they took this tournament for granted, and played as if they had already won it all after the first game.

I am an RL fan, so I am not coming here and starting ****, but sometimes you just gotta say "my team got beat"

No doubt my team got beat and they in no way were playing their best or even close to their best. However, when refs are doing nothing but hurting the team, in no way does that motivate them to do better. Say you watch your teamate shoot out 1 player on the back as he dove into a small brick. The ref takes a good 5 seconds to check the player while that player continues to shoot. Then another player fills that pulled players position and gets hit the same place...ref does same thing....no penalty, not even minor. That's nothing but discouraging. Also, they are the NXL "Pro" refs. I know they are tired but bad calls can completely destroy a team's chance at making the quarterfinals. Yes RL got beat, I think they woulda lost to strange either way, they weren't playing their "A" game, but to Aftershock? I doubt it.
"This is a hard job, and I'm not just saying this to win favour with lorry drivers. It's a hard job - change gear, change gear, change gear, check your mirrors, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, murder. That's a lot of effort in a day."

Russian Legion Fanclub #16