PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-10-2007, 01:05 PM #43
SnatchForFree
osok

Quote:
Originally Posted by M~Z View Post
lol, i have an ion =\ but i will be honest. I suck.

I was looking at the sticky about where to buy pump markers. I was shocked. I thought they would be cheaper being pump action and smaller guns. They cost more than my ion. Please tell me i was looking at the wrong thing. Or do pump markers actually run for $300???

Also, quick story. I was playing a scenario woodsball game. Unfortunetly, my team got out except for 1 guy. He was standing behind a tree. Everyone on my team could see him but the 5 guys remaining on the other team didnt even notice. He waited for them to walk by so they have their backs to him. He managed to get 4 out of the 5 out. Good stuff!!
My s6 was $550. Believe it or not, the electronics in a paintball gun don't cost that much. No surprise that a plastic ion will cost less then a quality made with love and care pump.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:24 PM #44
Cima2oo3
USAF 2W051

has been a member for 10 years
I got a pump gun because my semi gun (at the time) was broken and in for repairs so I had the cash and it looked cool so I got my phantom.
That and Im cheap and can't afford gas, insurance, and $80 to play for a day. Now I buy a bag of 500 and it usually goes bad before I can use all of it.
-Mark
Old 06-10-2007, 09:36 PM #45
paintballler131415 (Banned)
TAKE THIS ***** OVER

Because the way you feel playing with a pump
paintballler131415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 10:08 PM #46
Mx6krazy_03

I played pump for the first few times ever playing (9-10 years ago) but haven't been back since. I should go back to it and see what it's like.
Quote:
i like to play with non d-bags.

1 - they dont cheat/wipe
2 - they arent cocky

Just like most Air-Soft players arent d-bags.
Luckily, No-one at our local field is really d-bags. I have played a few other places recently though, And there's just something wrong with a ~14 yr. old wearing braces and cleated shoes, holding an ion looking at you like you're the retarded one.
Mx6krazy_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 10:55 PM #47
cockerpunk (Banned)
Show Me the Data

semi play is borring, needed to make it more fun.
cockerpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 11:06 PM #48
jdolla1331

Pump vs. Semi, cost-wise:

Pump
One bag of paint: $15
One air fill: $3

Semi
Case of paint: $60
All-day air: $5

18 bucks vs. 65

It adds up really fast.

Plus, there's nothing cooler than bunkering a semi with your pump.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:15 PM #49
cockerpunk (Banned)
Show Me the Data

i just dont get it. after my first two years of playing the steriod like game of tournament paintball, i got tired. almost burned out like alot of players, then picked up a pump gun, and have been playing with them for 4 ... wait 5 years now almost exclsivly pump. i can't even stand playing with a semi, it confuses me. and an electro, forget about it, the mech cocker i own lays enough paint to prevent anyone from gettign though my lanes. i own a electro simply to prevent me from buying another one (im that big of a gun whore).

simply put, speedball is boring with a semi, with a pump its a sport.

EDIT, so in the end, im playing more paintball, thats more fun, and cheaper. this allows me to gun whore as much as anyone could without dissappointing there GF to much. whats not to love?

Last edited by cockerpunk : 06-10-2007 at 11:21 PM.
cockerpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 11:16 PM #50
kidzwitgunz
Jn 15:13 Ductus Exemplo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mx6krazy_03 View Post
And there's just something wrong with a ~14 yr. old wearing braces and cleated shoes, holding an ion looking at you like you're the retarded one.
LOL!

Better get used to it!

Best question I have been asked so far is, "So so you put the ramping chip in the thing around your barrel since there is not much room for batteries in your grip. Oh and where are your eye covers, looks they might have fallen off!"
(Yikes, I worry about our country's future with genius like that coming of age!)

"Holy men tell us life is a mystery. They embrace that concept happily. But some mysteries bite and bark
and come to get you in the dark." --Book of Counted Sorrows
One of Many
Most of the Rest
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Semper Fi
kidzwitgunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 08:21 AM #51
azn-pimp
one ball in ur face...

B/c:
I get more people out.
The challenge of getting players with an arsenal of 15bps.
The feeling you get when its 2vz8 and you take out all 8.
The respect and looks everyone gives you.
Taking out the cocky electro kid that challenged 4 guys to a game and spewed 5 pods and hopper to get 4 people out.
Getting paint checked by the ref and seeing the look on their face when there is only spray on you from 5 players pounding your bunker.
Last but not least, the FUN factor. Can't stress this enough, I have more fun with my pump then when I played with my semis. Never going back.

As for the prices of pumps. I truly believe you get what you pay for. I have never had any of my pumps go down on the field. The performance of each one was excellent everytime I pulled in out. Never worried whether the battery is going to die, or the electrics not working, or spending the whole day tweaking/fixing it and play only two games.

Definitely find someone at the field that has a phantom and ask them if you can try it out. Pumps are all about personal preference.
azn-pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:03 PM #52
Mx6krazy_03

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidzwitgunz View Post
LOL!

Better get used to it!

Best question I have been asked so far is, "So so you put the ramping chip in the thing around your barrel since there is not much room for batteries in your grip. Oh and where are your eye covers, looks they might have fallen off!"
(Yikes, I worry about our country's future with genius like that coming of age!)
That's pretty bad when they don't know what guns were like without eyes and electronics.
Back when I quit playing, even then, the only people that owned electronics were either pretty well off money wise, or played on a very good team.
I still have my TL and TL Plus, and plan on using every gun I own pretty regularly.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:33 AM #53
Beaux
Capt. of Pumpenstein

Quote:
What is the point of pump markers??

I could only think of 2 possible reasons why:

1. Bored of playing with a semi gun.
2. If you play scenario games/ woodsball and you basicly just run to get the flag or whatever is need to be gotten and the marker is used as a simple for of protection so you can run easy.
I do it to give the other poor bastards a chance.

Sponsors:
Tank's Paintball | pumpleague.com | HRL

My PBNation Feedback
Beaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 10:41 AM #54
Snowdawgy

Pumpers tend to be a better class of pball player. We are there for the game the way it was intended, movement, skill, fun, honor, respect, no need for refs.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:44 AM #55
Flynn Deckert
Stock Class Dinosaur

well...my 2cents...

1) Because I can
2) Because its fun for me
3) Because it is far more cost effective
4) Because the people I play with are fun
5) Because there is less "gray" area
6) Because it is challenging
7) Because I want to

The sport is what you make of it, I play as I wish and enjoy it.

that's why....
Old 06-12-2007, 11:29 AM #56
bnctaj

I play pump, first and foremost, because every single day of play is cheaper. They're also challenging and each is unique. With my semi-automatics, each game was the same and it was almost like a chore to load up for every game. With my Phantom, I've only missed one insertion at a scenario game to not loading up quick enough... because I wanted to eat. Whereas with a semi, lugging around a half case of paint and then reloading all the pods took a while and often made me play only half the games in a day.
Now, I play because I want to set an example of being an honest stand up player who is helpful and knowledgeable. These newfangled markers keep getting more "advanced", but knowing the basics of my marker and how to play has helped me make numerous new players happy and bring them into the game.
bnctaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 02:03 PM #57
Mx6krazy_03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowdawgy View Post
Pumpers tend to be a better class of pball player. We are there for the game the way it was intended, movement, skill, fun, honor, respect, no need for refs.
Hey- Not all Semi's are bad people! lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn Deckert View Post
The sport is what you make of it, I play as I wish and enjoy it.
Damn Skippy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnctaj View Post
With my semi-automatics, each game was the same and it was almost like a chore to load up for every game.
It's really what you make it. I can usually go 3-4 speedball games on 1 hopper and two 100 round tubes. Woodsball seem to be where I actually use the most, but even then, a hopper will do me several games. The only reason my tubes get used most often then not is because I flip them to my teammates if they're in a bind. As stated before, I play electro and Mech. semi, my shots are not taken as precisely as a pump, but I don't fly through paint either.
I know this is a pump forum, so everyone is biased towards pumps- and I have really no intention of changing that, just simply giving my reasons. I actually stumbled in here just browsing through info and whatnot. I am a paintball whore, and for the most part, as long as I'm playing, I'll go with the flow of anything.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:53 PM #58
jazz1
Death by Snoo-Snoo

Annual Supporting Member
jazz1 is a Supporting Member
jazz1 is a founding member
jazz1 is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrate Jim View Post
Why pump?
Because as a general rule, pump players are more casual about the game.
amen

Sadistik
jazz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 02:02 PM #59
upsetter2k
upsetter2k

this thread may be kinda dead but....there is no better feeling then getting to the field and watching a tween tearing apart an electro caus somthing isn't running right. hell i could knock down doors /w my pump and it would work fine...(beautiful, beautiful brass!)
upsetter2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 02:16 PM #60
jk_6109
What the cashcrop?

well atleast you admitted bring up an old thread....
when i saw this thread i was like "O boys, not again", but i guess not

New & Old Feedback

Check out my brother's band, Skull Hammer.
jk_6109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 04:30 PM #61
kimbeman
Mr. PUMP

You know when people that ask you how come you shoot a pump and not a semi and I tell them that I am no good with a semi and they look at me like huh? They start telling me that a Angel One or the Ego is the marker to get and that it is there ultimate marker. I pull out and 07 Ego and a 06 Angel one and there mouth drops. They pause for a few minutes and say in a soft voice, how come you have those awsome markers in your trunk and dont use them. I tell them you mean theses old things thats been collecting dust and I go on telling them that I let my friend use them as rentals when they dont have there own paintball markers.

John.
kimbeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 05:36 PM #62
EvilAuthorityX
PUMPER_TYLER

EvilAuthorityX is attending Decay of Nations VI
i dont play to save money or hone my skillz :nododgy:

I go out there on the field with other people playing paintball, it doesnt matter what they shoot i dont judge them on it if they unload with a semi or anything... why even catagorizes players?

all markers have one function to shoot paint, You could say I Play "pump"

I play Paintball

end of story.

Last edited by EvilAuthorityX : 09-11-2007 at 05:40 PM.
EvilAuthorityX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 06:21 PM #63
D3AGL3_PBALLER
CN's Finest

D3AGL3_PBALLER posts videos on PbNation
D3AGL3_PBALLER has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
D3AGL3_PBALLER has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
D3AGL3_PBALLER has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilAuthorityX View Post
i dont play to save money or hone my skillz :nododgy:

I go out there on the field with other people playing paintball, it doesnt matter what they shoot i dont judge them on it if they unload with a semi or anything... why even catagorizes players?

all markers have one function to shoot paint, You could say I Play "pump"

I play Paintball

end of story.
Damn straight. Thats what its about, going out there and having fun playing PAINTBALL. After a while, you come to realize there is a plateau where you have to practice just as much with a semi as you do with a pump to be just a good a player with either. I used to play both, but at this moment I can safely say that I can not play as well with a semi as I can with a pump just due to the sheer fact that I am not used to being able to shoot that much paint. A lot of skillz are lost when playing pump that you need as a semi player. Sweet spotting, laning, running and gunning (for you stockers), and just rolling your gun constantly. As a semi player, you lose that "I have to hit on the first shot" mentality, you lead shots in, and ultimately you have that tendency to want to hang out and control a lane longer than you would with a pump. Pump forces you to play tight, and make every move and shot count. Its a different game, and each has its pros and cons. They are both just as fun, depending on what you personally look for when you are playing.