PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-02-2007, 10:27 PM #1
magman687
cocker tech

my bps with nme

hey guys i just wanted some input from some1 who might know what i can do to help with my lil prob.

ok i have narrowed it down to a pressure prob here is what's going on.

im getting a decent bps about 10-13 or so but i want just a smig faster now i notice the tighter the bore size i use the faster i can shut. as you may know this is bcuz the back pressure on the bolt is greater then with a loose p to b match makeing it cock back faster. and i already have my lpr to 90 psi and hpr maxed to get the 280 fps i can get thats with a lp tank.

also just to test and make sure it was the back pressure i took off the barrel and set the marker to practice mode and stuck it on full auto and started fireing it would shoot ok about 10-13 bps or so but when i would put my hand over the barrel threads it would shoot about 16-18 bps it was a very noticable deferenc.

my dwell/bip are fine what else might i do to help my bps?

sorry for the bad spelling and grammer.

thanks guys.
"You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last nite, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next 3 minutes, this is your heaven on earth."

your heart never dies...but your body does.
for cocker help go to http://magman68.tripod.com
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2007, 10:59 PM #2
SEAL 6
The Anti-Hype

SEAL 6 is playing at Living Legends VI
SEAL 6 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
try replacing the rear o-ring on the ram. it seems stupid but that did it for me. lol

it's really easily overlooked
System X NME LE Black/Silver
(but everyone still loves the minimag)
Old 06-02-2007, 11:33 PM #3
magman687
cocker tech

wow you know your right that would make alot of since though all try it give me 15 mins ill let you know how it go's. brb
"You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last nite, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next 3 minutes, this is your heaven on earth."

Old 06-02-2007, 11:50 PM #4
magman687
cocker tech

well the orings are in mint condition but i think it was my falt it was slow.

i had way to much lube on the ram i wiped it all off and just left it with what was on the sleeve to lube it(was still a good bit) and it shoots alot faster now.

Old 06-02-2007, 11:57 PM #5
SEAL 6
The Anti-Hype

yea, that would do it
Old 06-03-2007, 12:09 AM #6
magman687
cocker tech

lol i relubed it all b4 i played today i must have been in one of my more is better moods

p.s while im here where can i get a nice avatar???

Old 06-03-2007, 12:24 PM #7
SEAL 6
The Anti-Hype

try dropping your BIP delay if it's really high. a really high dwell would slow your cycling time down asw. using the ram cap adjuster to push your bolt forwards a bit will help too. just make sure that the ball can still fall into the breech. what kind of bolt are you using? the o-rings on the stock bolt could be slowing it down. the ACPB bolt as X-rings and is able to be oiled, so there is much less friction and a much better seal.

if you don't have photo shop, just find a picture you like, put it in paint, and crop it until it fits
Old 06-03-2007, 02:39 PM #8
Brute06

As for the back pressure, that doesn't really have anything to do with a pneumatic marker's cycle rate. The only reason it can make a difference would be if you have a really slow recharge rate on your reg, and the slight backpressure causes the reg to use less gas per shot. That would mean the reg wouldn't need to recharge as much air and it would fill back up quicker. You're thinking about blowback guns. Those need the backpressure to recock properly because the excess air from the firing process is used to recock the striker.

I'm glad you got your problem fixed. You may want to look into lubing your HPR and LPR. they might be sticking a little. If your ram had too much lube, there's a very high possibility that your regs are overlubed, too.

As to the avvy, just do what SEAL said.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:07 PM #9
magman687
cocker tech

cool

and the regs are fine on lube well today i used a chrono and found out im still only shooting 13bps even with uncapped nxl fullauto my bip is at 1 my dwell is at 7

Old 06-03-2007, 09:08 PM #10
Brute06

Is it on semi auto, or were you on ramping?? Also, the chronos aren't always right about the bps. Don't rely on their readings.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:24 AM #11
SEAL 6
The Anti-Hype

ahaha, i put my NME on OMFG mode and i set it to cycle in bursts of 26 bps today. I didn't play with it, but it's still fun to just shoot a couple bursts of that
Old 06-04-2007, 10:51 AM #12
magman687
cocker tech

cool got any vid????

Old 06-04-2007, 04:21 PM #13
SEAL 6
The Anti-Hype

i'll make a vid with my friends camera when i ahve the chance. i was going to but they closed up before i could
Old 06-04-2007, 04:59 PM #14
magman687
cocker tech

sounds great man