Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-09-2007, 10:53 PM #1
SEAL 6
The Anti-Hype

SEAL 6 is playing at Living Legends VI
SEAL 6 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Side effects of this repair may cause....

you all know that my gun broke down on my a while ago and while i was desparetly trying to get it working, i've come across a VERY INTERESTING descovery.

well, actually, it isn't really a discovery cuz i'm sure once i explain it too you, it'll be like "oh, yea, i obviously knew that." Well here it is anyways.

When i was at my field trying to get my gun to cycle, i had to run my gun at a dwell of 15, my lpr at 90, and my HPR one turn out (why it was 1 turn out, i do not know but it was the only way to get it to 265). when i was playing, i was having first shot dropp problems and i turn my LPR DOWN a bit to 80 and something weird happened to my shots.
they actually flew straight. strange, eh? i don't mean just shooting ball on ball cuz that normally happens but i mean like it was riding a track or cable cuz the thing just floated once the shot got to about 60 feet out. it was the same speed as always but it just didn't seem right.
i then remember something. i have an ACPB low blow bolt. but it's never been THAT effective before. i normally just use it cuz it's lighter, black and i milled out the detent slots so tht they completely clear the detents. but i never really cared about the back spin part. until now.
after the day was over, i was pondering why it was like that and i realize it was the settings i had. the higher dwell and LOWER PRESSURE. with those settings, MORE AIR was hitting the ball with LESS FORCE so the air actually has a chance to actually give the ball back spin.
now it seems like common sense but i'm surprised i didn't try this before.

now, i don't suggest you do this but it's an interesting finding and it gives me more hope in the back spin capabilities of the bolt.

thanks for reading and dealling with the fact that i don't capitalize for sentences
System X NME LE Black/Silver
(but everyone still loves the minimag)
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-09-2007, 11:02 PM #2
Brute06

Yup, I think I've posted that before, but it wasn't in conjunction with the low blow bolt. I was just posting it as general knowledge about high pressure/ low dwell as opposed to low pressure/ high dwell. That's an extremely cool catch, though. I might get a low blow just to see what it can do.

Way to pass on your findings.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:13 PM #3
Polygamist13
DoomedNova

hmm......I have the Low Blow and never really had much thought about this...but I do have the gun running no more than 80psi.

What's the difference in efficency between high pressure/low dwell and low pressure/ high dwell?
Old 05-09-2007, 11:32 PM #4
SEAL 6
The Anti-Hype

high pressure/low dwell=high efficiency and a "snappier", crisper shot. also, more kick

low pressure/high dwell=not as good efficiency, smoother shot.

personally i prefer a to keep both as balanced and low as possible but i'm stuc, where i am right now.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:30 AM #5
Polygamist13
DoomedNova

for all day air.........
Old 05-10-2007, 09:25 PM #6
Brute06

There's a lot of ups and downs for each setup. It mostly comes down to what's most important to you and what you need your marker to do for you.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:39 AM #7
sakephosho (Banned)

the lowblow bolt's a marketing scheme. There's no way a bolt that apparently directs air to the lower tube of the breech/ barrel will attempt to put a back spin while rolling in a barrel back. There's no proven fact, there no proven evidence, physics explains it all.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:56 AM #8
SEAL 6
The Anti-Hype

not exactly.... i said that for the lowblow thing to actually make any effect, your settings would be highly impracticle, whith the dwell at about 15 or so. plus i was using a .693 back with medium size paint cuz i was having issues with breaking paint earlier.

i am not praising or bashing the effects of the bolt, just reporting some findings.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:49 PM #9
azathoth300
Dirge

has been a member for 10 years
azathoth300 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
So you did everything wrong as far as efficency goes, and the low blow worked? Great!! I wasn't impressed with it either, but I will have to try.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:29 PM #10
SEAL 6
The Anti-Hype

yea.... pretty much. i didn't do it intentionally, i was just trying to get my gun to work is all lol
Old 05-28-2007, 12:55 AM #11
FReEK
Fear the freak

FReEK is a founding member
FReEK plays in the MiLP
FReEK owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
FReEK plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakephosho View Post
the lowblow bolt's a marketing scheme. There's no way a bolt that apparently directs air to the lower tube of the breech/ barrel will attempt to put a back spin while rolling in a barrel back. There's no proven fact, there no proven evidence, physics explains it all.
That Bolt design is simular to an Alien bolt. It does infact work. I didnt think it would work either until i saw with my own eyes.
http://www.alienpb.com/pages/company.html

FACEBOOK

OLD Feedback
Old 05-28-2007, 04:32 PM #12
Brute06

A lot of people have seen great results with low blow bolts. One kid in the spyder forum made his own with his superfly and tested it out. He put it in a clamping rack or something like that, and tested the distance before and after modification. He noticed a significant change. I can't remember the exact number, so I'm not gonna post it, but it was pretty impressive.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:19 PM #13
FyreFly

has been a member for 10 years
I just got a Low Blow the other day. Apparently I'm gonna have to play with my settings because my FPS dropped a quick 30FPS from using the stock bolt.

Was shooting a consistent 285 with stock bolt, then installing the Low Blow I was down to around 250.
Tippmann A-5
Old 06-01-2007, 08:21 PM #14
SEAL 6
The Anti-Hype

you have to use some oil on the bolt's x-rings. same thing happened to me
Old 06-03-2007, 02:30 PM #15
Brute06

Yup, probably a friction problem.