Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-28-2007, 12:54 AM #1
satanskaterx
unholy confessions

satanskaterx owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NME small Questions

im thinkin of tradin my shocker for a system X NME im jus curious on any features or problems that really stand out. jus so i can have alil personal back round on it you know.

thanks for your help

kenny
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-28-2007, 10:05 AM #2
magman687
cocker tech

well some ppl have alot of probs with the nme some have none.

but let me tell you this every prob we have seen in here for an nme is mostly user error but when you get to know the marker and can set it the way you like it it will shoot like no other

and if you ever do have a prob just let us know here in the sx forums we can tell you how to fix most anything.

well hope you will be joing the sx family soon cya around.
"You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last nite, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next 3 minutes, this is your heaven on earth."

your heart never dies...but your body does.
for cocker help go to http://magman68.tripod.com
Old 05-28-2007, 11:01 AM #3
satanskaterx
unholy confessions

ha, me too still tryin to trade my shocker for one, theres just something about there looks that drives me crazy!!

i can usually tech my shocker/ g/f's ion but idk sh*t about these guns. and if idk what im doin i kno ill screw sumthin up. but if in the event i cant fix a problem, can i jus take it to my local shop? i just dont kno much about these guns so idk if they would be any more knowledgable then i would. stupid Q i kno
Old 05-28-2007, 04:27 PM #4
Brute06

It's actually quite a bit easier to fix than the ion.

The only advice I have for you is to make sure you get an LE. the normal NMEs are OK, but the LE is better by far. I've owned both, and the LE is lightyears better. It balances a ton better, which helps in your snapshooting and your overall accuracy. It's a little over a half pound lighter, so that's always a plus. It looks better IMO. It actually feels better because it's quite a bit thinner than the normal NME.

The only real minus is the LPR. It's not that great. It sticks out really far and I hate the little hose. It's a pretty big gun, but it's not really hard to handle.

I like the NME LE a lot more than shockers or ions. I have pretty big hands, so the large trigger guard is a huge plus to me. The trigger is also a lot better. The NME has THE best trigger I've felt thus far (of course that's personal pref). I've used Egos, Shockers, Ions, DM6s. I think the NME is one of the best bang for buck guns around.

The only thing you'll need to be aware of is that you can't really find parts very easily because Sys X went out of business. It uses a lot of timmy parts, but some need to be modified if you ever break anything.

Overall I love my NME. It's a great gun and you can find them pretty cheap right now, if you can actually find someone who's selling it. Be aware, though. Anyone who's selling one of these guns is most likely having problems with it.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:20 PM #5
satanskaterx
unholy confessions

ah ill make sure u be aware of that, i like using HP tanks, will that be a problem for the NME?
Old 05-28-2007, 07:51 PM #6
Polygamist13
DoomedNova

Some NME regulators have problems with HP and some don't. Just make sure it's lubed good and inspect the o-rings.

Your consistency and efficiency will depend on what settings work best, and how well you set the gun's lpr and dwell settings and if it's properly maintained.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:33 PM #7
Brute06

If you have a problem when using HP, then just buy a CP reg (or pretty much any aftermarket HPR. That'll fix the problem).
Old 05-29-2007, 08:39 PM #8
Skunkworm
Zombie Skunk AHHHHHHHHHHH

Skunkworm helped look for balloons
A lot of people say there gun is an LE when It really isnt. Make sure you can see the ram sleeve through the body. That is a LE, If it isnt milled out then it is not a LE
Old 05-30-2007, 01:17 AM #9
nme2110the2nd
will strip for paint.

i rly like my nme and i rly like my shocker im not saying nme is bad but ive had alot less probelms with my shocker
pic cominng soon
black etek2
"it's not hip-hop it's electro,prick".
Old 05-30-2007, 01:41 AM #10
Brute06

^ I actually wouldn't doubt it. The NMEs seem to be a little picky, but once you get them honed in, they seem to be some of the best guns around. I've owned quite a few guns and I love my NME. The trigger rocks, the kick is nonexistant, and it just seems to shoot extremely nice. I'm not a terribly big fan of shockers, simply because they don't really feel quite right to me, but of course that's simply personal preference. My advice would be to find someone with an NME or a timmy and ask if they'll let you see it. If it feels better to you, then buy an NME. If not, then stick with your shocker or look into a different gun. Most of this sport is simply personal preference. If the gun feels right to you, then you'll most likely do very well with it. If it doesn't feel right, you won't be able to shoot the broad side of a barn.