PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-26-2007, 07:24 PM #1
GT3Kevin

APE Rampage Shocker NXT

I was hoping someone with an NXT could help me out.
swapped the board out and all is working well, but I have a few questions:

When I power up, the system will shoot/cycle the noid even if there is no ball in the breach.

I assume that the settings I want for an NXT are:

Eye Mode: 1
Eye Type: 2

I would also assume (incorrectly?) that if I power the marker up, without a hopper on, thus no balls, it should beep at me and refuse to shoot/cycle the noid. However, it does not do this. When I power up - it will happily cycle the noid all day long.

Also - I am reading the manual, under the section about "Eye Control" and it talks about fast blink, slow blink and solid purple, red, blue colors. Both blinking modes (slow and fast) state "overrides lightbar mode (unless stealth)" what does this mean? What is the difference between solid, slow and fast flashes?

All in all - a very nice board - easy to program, and tons of options for a gadget guy like me! I am sure that right now I have just touched the tip of the iceberg with this.

Thanks,
Kevin
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-28-2007, 01:02 AM #2
android17ak47
No!!!!!

Ok, I just read the manual for the APE shocker board. First make sure you have it set to the type of eyes your marker has, either reflective or breakbeam.

Second, according to the manual, there are 5 different types of eye modes. You need to find out which eye setting your board is on, and we can go from there.

This is the manual section I am reading, so let me know if we are looking at the same info. http://www.goapeonline.com/downloads..._110_Page2.pdf
Old 05-28-2007, 10:13 AM #3
GT3Kevin

Yeah, I am looking at the section as well. Items 1-5.
I have it set to 2 right now.

It's kinda funky - it appears that it will cycle the noid happily if nothing is ever put in. But, if I then insert my finger, and leave it there, it will shoot once, and then stop. If I then remove the finger, and re-insert it, it will fire once, and then stop.

So almost like the system is programmed to allow firing off the first trigger pull regardless of eye status - and then once the eyes are triggered, it then starts processing eye information. I can understand why they'd do this, as they can't assume anything on the first trigger pull. The ball could have rolled forward, a ball could be missing or rolled out the barrel, or a ball could be present. So - default to fire. Then, if the eye's report a ball (NXT is Break beam) - then start processing.

However, there really is not documentation as to HOW the ifault tech handles things- which is what I'd like to understand/get.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:30 PM #4
android17ak47
No!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3Kevin View Post
Yeah, I am looking at the section as well. Items 1-5.
I have it set to 2 right now.

It's kinda funky - it appears that it will cycle the noid happily if nothing is ever put in. But, if I then insert my finger, and leave it there, it will shoot once, and then stop. If I then remove the finger, and re-insert it, it will fire once, and then stop.

So almost like the system is programmed to allow firing off the first trigger pull regardless of eye status - and then once the eyes are triggered, it then starts processing eye information. I can understand why they'd do this, as they can't assume anything on the first trigger pull. The ball could have rolled forward, a ball could be missing or rolled out the barrel, or a ball could be present. So - default to fire. Then, if the eye's report a ball (NXT is Break beam) - then start processing.

However, there really is not documentation as to HOW the ifault tech handles things- which is what I'd like to understand/get.

Maybee try eye mode#1.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:29 PM #5
GT3Kevin

Is it correct if I see blinking lights (either fast or slow) the eye's are off?