Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-24-2007, 09:22 AM #1
Lim-Dul
The Necromancer

NME L.E. CP Regulator

Another thread from your favorite NME newbie Lim-Dul. :-D

I'm using a HP tank on my NME (800 psi output) since I don't want to buy two separate tanks and/or presets for my two markers (the other one is an Ion). The consistency of my NME isn't that bad, around +/- 10-ish at dwell 9 and ~80 psi on my LPR but I wonder if it would be a good idea to get another regulator for my gun. I've read somewhere that non-stock regulators can deal with higher pressure outputs a bit better - is that true? I can get a CP regulator for quite a good price.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:41 AM #2
nme2110the2nd
will strip for paint.

it would be better and +/-10.....=\
pic cominng soon
black etek2
"it's not hip-hop it's electro,prick".
Old 05-24-2007, 11:46 AM #3
Lim-Dul
The Necromancer

What I meant is that the consistency isn't that bad for an NME with a HP Tank. ;-)
I know that it isn't good by any means.
I'm sure to buy the CP regulator now - a friend of mine is using a 850 psi system and mounted a CP regulator onto his NME and it shoots like +/- 2/3 fps or even less on good days. :-D

Update: Since we're already on the topic of regulators we're not very far from LPR gauges. ;-) Does anybody know where I can get a 0-160 psi or at most 200 psi gauge for my NME? The stock gauge cover is broken and doesn't look nice. :-P

Last edited by Lim-Dul : 05-24-2007 at 12:02 PM.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:30 PM #4
1stezekiel
UNA VERGASO EN LA CHOMPA!

Annual Supporting Member
1stezekiel is a Supporting Member
1stezekiel owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cp makes the guages as well . get both from the cp website .
"00"
"GOOF"
"BALISTIK"
Old 05-24-2007, 01:54 PM #5
Lim-Dul
The Necromancer

Holy cow! Haven't noticed that one - thanks a lot. =)
Old 05-24-2007, 07:01 PM #6
Brute06

Yeah, buy a CP reg with a gauge port. That way you can put the gauge on to tune your gun, then take it off for a more comfortable feel.

I have a CP reg, It feels and performs wonderful. It was probably me that said you need an aftermarket reg if you want to run HP. I've been telling people that for a while.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:40 PM #7
1stezekiel

Annual Supporting Member
i ran hp.......no problems what-so-ever with the stock reg .
the whole hp, lp arguement is way over done . most companies tell you that hp is more consistant then lp . the stock reg on my nme, was very consistant .
"00"
"GOOF"
"BALISTIK"
Old 05-26-2007, 08:14 AM #8
Lim-Dul
The Necromancer

That was not the case with my reg.
But the CP reg, whoa, as Borat would put it: Itsa najse... I was worried at first because it shot like crap (I know that it had to break in, but was too impatient ^^) and then suddenly after about 1000 paintballs the reg broke in and it shoots like a dream - +/-2 fps - I was able to fine-tune my NME at around 297-98 fps. :-D
Old 05-26-2007, 01:35 PM #9
Brute06

Zeke, some people haven't had any problems with the stock reg when using HP, but most people have problems. I agree that the LP HP argument is slightly overdone, but there are many cases where you'll need HP. On the NME, we only use 250 psi at the most, so LP is just fine. If you use a cocker or an ego or something, you need HP.
Old 05-26-2007, 03:58 PM #10
1stezekiel

Annual Supporting Member
i agree with what your sayin, its just that i am under the impression that hp is an all around better source then lp . hp is more consistant, due to the fact that there is more then ample air all the time....with lp, even tough its about 150 -200 psi more then what you need to run alot of lp guns, there is still more room for error(so to speak) when using hp . there isnt any chance of starving your regs....i know that sounds a bit overdone...but ive read on these forums over and over again, by way of either techs or manuals, that hp is the best source . all beit that lp does seem to work fine for those that use it .....
"00"
"GOOF"
"BALISTIK"
Old 05-26-2007, 04:10 PM #11
Lim-Dul
The Necromancer

HP surely is more universal than LP but truth be told I strongly believe that some markers might work better with LP than HP - let's imagine the stress all the parts of the marker are put under when using HP...
Old 05-26-2007, 04:19 PM #12
1stezekiel

Annual Supporting Member
um, well....thats why we pay big money for consistant regs . all thats on a lp tank is a reg that "regulates" air to 450 psi or so . that may be, but i think the use of good quality regs takes care of that .
"00"
"GOOF"
"BALISTIK"
Old 05-28-2007, 10:24 AM #13
legbaa

have CP reg. +/- 2 and better air efficiency
Old 05-28-2007, 03:17 PM #14
Brute06

Yeah, HP seems to be a little more consistant and it's most definitely more universal. I would buy an LP tank, but I don't really see the point once you weigh out the pros and cons of both setups.

1stezekiel, I thought you were saying that you didn't like HP or something. I misread it. I agree that HP is a better way to go.
Old 05-28-2007, 03:30 PM #15
1stezekiel

Annual Supporting Member
no problem brotha........its all family ...........no big deal .
"00"
"GOOF"
"BALISTIK"