PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-23-2007, 01:26 PM #1
weeman2
codeine fiend

Leaky DM6

I have recently ran into some troubles with my DM6. I have found that every time I gas up the marker, it will leak from the grip frame until I shoot it twice. At first I thought this may have been an issue with the built in on/off, because it wouldn't do it when I gassed it up in the off position than switched it to the on. So I recently purchased a CP cfp and installed it today, but the problem still persists.

This is not that big of a problem, as I only air up my gun once when I get to the field, but more of an annoyance. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-23-2007, 01:36 PM #2
Will..
AJO + LNK = <3

dont worry about it
Old 05-23-2007, 01:42 PM #3
b1aze
Sorry I'm A Champion

b1aze is a Supporting Member
b1aze is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will.. View Post
dont worry about it
That had to have been one of the worst responses to a problem i have ever heard. Good job on that one chief, you get a gold ****ing star.

To answer your question, id say take a look at your solenoidgasket and see if it is dry. Give it a light coat of Dow33 and put it back in. Also check the outer housing on your bolt, and give that a light coat of dow55 or something of that nature for non-moving orings. If the problem still persists, give a full rebuild of the bolt and try again. More times than not, gripframe leaks are from the bolt.
"Originally posted by AuctionJunkie: thebestbetistodotheresearchonyourownandreadtheforu msandseewhatfitsyoubettereachpersonhasadifferentop inionastofeeloftheguninthierhandsifyouwanttosearch dontcomplainaboutitsimplypurchaseasupportingmember shipandyoucansearchanytimeaswellasreceivemanyother
perkssorrymyspacebarbroke
."
Old 05-23-2007, 02:15 PM #4
0ddball
It's what I do...

0ddball owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
0ddball has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
0ddball has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
0ddball has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Try looking here:

http://members.cox.net/protomatrix/p...tm#lprsolenoid
Old 05-23-2007, 02:53 PM #5
weeman2
codeine fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1aze View Post
To answer your question, id say take a look at your solenoidgasket and see if it is dry. Give it a light coat of Dow33 and put it back in. Also check the outer housing on your bolt, and give that a light coat of dow55 or something of that nature for non-moving orings. If the problem still persists, give a full rebuild of the bolt and try again. More times than not, gripframe leaks are from the bolt.
Thanks Derek. I'm a little worried about touching my solenoid so I'll leave that alone for now. I checked the outer bolt orings and they all look fine and I lubed them. It still leaks, but I'll be sure to replace the orings once I get a kit.

Thanks
Old 05-23-2007, 03:03 PM #6
shAdOwfOx032
.fOx.

Annual Supporting Member
shAdOwfOx032 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
shAdOwfOx032 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
shAdOwfOx032 plays in the APPA D5 division
shAdOwfOx032 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by weeman2 View Post
Thanks Derek. I'm a little worried about touching my solenoid so I'll leave that alone for now. I checked the outer bolt orings and they all look fine and I lubed them. It still leaks, but I'll be sure to replace the orings once I get a kit.

Thanks
Normally even if they look "Ok", they maybe bad. I would recommend replacing the appropriate orings anyways.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:09 PM #7
b1aze
Sorry I'm A Champion

b1aze is a Supporting Member
b1aze is reppin' sidebar 4 life
The solenoid really isnt that hard Wee. Its just 2 screws, very similar to the Ego with a bit of a larger gasket instead of 3 orings.
"Originally posted by AuctionJunkie: thebestbetistodotheresearchonyourownandreadtheforu msandseewhatfitsyoubettereachpersonhasadifferentop inionastofeeloftheguninthierhandsifyouwanttosearch dontcomplainaboutitsimplypurchaseasupportingmember shipandyoucansearchanytimeaswellasreceivemanyother
perkssorrymyspacebarbroke
."