PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-08-2007, 01:07 AM #1
eNeMyE
TUBE-O-BUTTER

racegun?

anyone know if they could help me with my gun some guys at the local shop said that they thought it might work calling them just wanted to see if anyone on here would know .
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-08-2007, 01:22 AM #2
SEAL 6
The Anti-Hype

SEAL 6 is playing at Living Legends VI
SEAL 6 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
we are the SX customer service, lol. racegun probably won't help you unless you bought the gun from them. what's the issue?
System X NME LE Black/Silver
(but everyone still loves the minimag)
Old 05-08-2007, 03:03 AM #3
eNeMyE
TUBE-O-BUTTER

well my lpr leaks and so no air gets to the noid and the eye cover screw got stripped so i think my nme is going to be going 6 ft under if i can't send it to a shop to get teched.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:25 PM #4
SEAL 6
The Anti-Hype

SEAL 6 is playing at Living Legends VI
SEAL 6 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
well... the LPR we can fix.... the eye cover.... i'm not too sure on that one. see if you can try to get your local proshop to helicoil and re tap the threads...
System X NME LE Black/Silver
(but everyone still loves the minimag)
Old 05-08-2007, 08:14 PM #5
loser555

helicoils arent made that small unless custom at least from what i've looked for i have had this issue with the eye cover i just got a bigger screw and a matching tap and taped the hole and made the eye cover hole bigger
Old 05-08-2007, 08:18 PM #6
Brute06

Wait, does he mean he stripped the screw itself, or the actual hole the screw goes into??? If it's just the screw itself, then that's not even a big deal. If he stripped the hole, then yeah, you guys are right.

We can fix the LPR.... well.... for the most part, unless it's some major issue, like if you actually destroyed the thing on a dive or something.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:24 PM #7
eNeMyE
TUBE-O-BUTTER

im just going to get a new gun . i might look into getting an aftermarket one for the gun later on and have the shop tap the eye cover thing.
i would like to say that this gun hasn't let me down since i got it in march 05.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:48 PM #8
Polygamist13
DoomedNova

You still haven't answered the questions we need answered to help you fix it.

Where exactly on the LPR does it leak? Have you tried rebuilding and lubing it? Do you have all the screws for the LPR and are they sealed with say loctite? Describe where it leaks from and what your gauge reads. Does the gun still cycle?
Old 05-09-2007, 07:52 PM #9
eNeMyE
TUBE-O-BUTTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polygamist13 View Post
You still haven't answered the questions we need answered to help you fix it.

Where exactly on the LPR does it leak? Have you tried rebuilding and lubing it? Do you have all the screws for the LPR and are they sealed with say loctite? Describe where it leaks from and what your gauge reads. Does the gun still cycle?
ok not to keep dead threads alive but it leaks out of the gauge port and no it doesn't cycle I would like to add that i have tried everything from a new gauge to teflone tape to loctite and it still leaks so like it said im getting a new gun since i haven't had a new one in a long time also im just going to get a aftermarket lpr . but in my og Q all i wanted to know is if race gun could possibly help me out since i heard from local friends that they might.
thanks to all that helped try to solve my problem .
Old 05-09-2007, 10:01 PM #10
Polygamist13
DoomedNova

hmm......you've replaced the gauge and done the whole loctite and teflon thing. Does the hole look stripped? Teflon tape alone should seal something like that unless your not putting enough or my guess is that your not screwing in the gauge enough. Try having it screwed all the way in (gonna need some muscle to it).

Racegun will probably not help unless the gun was bought from them. I could be wrong but that just seems likely.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:12 PM #11
qhimq
Tragic

has been a member for 10 years
i think its leaking from somewhere else.

i can't imagine getting a new gun just because the guage port leaks.
DRAGUN B/S/T

(AIM: qhimq)(Yahoo: qhimq) (PBR: qhimq)
Old 05-20-2007, 12:13 AM #12
Brute06

LOL, I wish I got a new gun every time one started leaking. I'd purposely make my hoses blow so I could get a new gun every other weekend. LOL

I wonder if it's the actual LPR. If you tighten the set screws unevenly, then it can leak. Try to unscrew all the set screws, then tighten them equally. I also agree with polygamist that teflon tape should work.