PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-12-2007, 09:37 PM #1
Camkusu

Inquiry about Eclipse Etek Ego 06

I'm not sure if this is the place to ask a friend of mine at the paintball shop referred this site for me.

I'm in the market to buy a paintball gun and I was wondering what to expect from Eclipse Etek Ego 06? I seen on videos how the paintballs shoot like a string of rope. I have shot paintballs but after 30 feet they curve. I want accuracy. Just for the gun is it worth the 500?

thanks for any help guys
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2007, 09:42 PM #2
ZenMike
OX AGGRSSN

ZenMike plays in the USPL
ZenMike plays in the PSP
ZenMike supports our troops
ZenMike plays in the APPA D4 division
No marker will every be M40 accurate, but there are a lot of factors. Most will agree the most important of which is paint to barrel match. Also quality of paint, velocity, weather, and the quality of the marker itself can be factors. The Etek is a great overall value. IMHO, the best value at that price point, though a lot of nice markers have come out recently in that range.

It sounds like you may also want to consider an ION, which is a good gun and a couple hundred cheaper than an Etek. If you start playing more frequently or more competetively, than an Etek is definitely worth considering.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:51 PM #3
cheezsteak
GONE

I've used my ETek a few times now and it is hands down the best shooting marker I have ever used.

It's clearly better than my Shocker.

It's a level above my Stage 5.1 Ion.

It may be the best buy in all of paintball.

Yeah, I'm a very happy ETek owner!
Old 05-13-2007, 07:47 PM #4
EclipsePaintball155 (Banned)

well, the etek out preforms most markers from 500-700. obviously the ego 07's and most other egos are the bigger brother of the etek, but hands down, its my fav marker, id never have had a problem with it. P.S. the ramp on it is prettty sweet. =D
Old 05-13-2007, 08:18 PM #5
buddhamonk
ψ

buddhamonk is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Solid gun thats built well. I highly recomend buying a barell kit when you get one. I have a PL sceptor kit and its dead on accurate.

Very efficient as well.

Last edited by buddhamonk : 05-13-2007 at 08:25 PM.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:58 PM #6
cm2007
I shoot A Trix

Buy the etek man you will not find another gun that fits in your hands so perfectly and shoots so smoothly out there most say it's all on what you like well these companies spend 1,000s of $ on research and development and if you but the etek it was so perfectly engineered you do not have to add one single up 2 it! etek ftw!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-13-2007, 10:08 PM #7
joey the cool....er
nobody

joey the cool....er helped look for balloons
There is no better available for the money.

LIVE: r3sp0ns3 | steam: joey_the_cool
Old 05-14-2007, 01:55 PM #8
ShadowSamurai19
University of Miami

ShadowSamurai19 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ShadowSamurai19 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
If you're getting it for $500, its worth it. Compared with other guns in the $500 price range it is one of the best. Of course, there are a lot of factors when it comes to accuracy. If you use good paint, and the right barrel any gun can be very accurate in my opinion.