Kirk Cameron, Atheists, and coke cans. - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

 
Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-10-2007, 09:31 PM #1
BOPP HACKS LIFE
5K337
 
BOPP HACKS LIFE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: planet zoitberg
 has been a member for 10 years
Kirk Cameron, Atheists, and coke cans.

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/story?id=3148940&page=1

The Nightline Face-Off! Everyone watch the videos and tell what you think. I personally believe the atheist side destroyed.
__________________
www.myspace.com/skaratekids123
BOPP HACKS LIFE is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2007, 12:20 AM #2
welfare_train (Banned)
Eulogy
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Minnesota, it sucks
Of course the atheist side will win. We have logic and facts to prove our points, not some old book.
welfare_train is offline  
Old 05-11-2007, 05:04 AM #3
Jim96SC2
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare_train View Post
Of course the atheist side will win. We have logic and facts to prove our points, not some old book.
The fact of the matter is no one can prove how everything started from square one (hint: big bang doesn't). As such you can neither confirm nor deny the existance of a diety like figure.

Kind of the reason why they use the term FAITH.
__________________
It is perfectly acceptable to use 40 years of data to determine that over 4 billion years of existance and change, mankind is destroying the earth.
Heller v. DC: The Second Amendment is now an individual right. You can't have my gun.
Election '08: Proving that America will come out and vote for well dressed BS.
Jim96SC2 is offline  
Old 05-11-2007, 05:41 AM #4
Magic. (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
i love how the creationism guy is trying to prove his point by saying science hasnt created a camera as intricate as the human eye in his rant. (about 4:40 into it)


science is sorry that 400 years is not enough time to duplicate somethings which takes millions upon billions.


AS IF the human eye was the most intricate eyeball on this planet. how about those fish that have their eyes wide open 26,000 feet below the sea surface with thousands of pounds per square inch on their eyeball, if such tremendous pressures happened on the human eye, it wouldnt even exist anymore.

how about those bald eagles that can spot things from over a mile away with their eyes?

Last edited by Magic. : 05-11-2007 at 05:56 AM.
Magic. is offline  
Old 05-11-2007, 05:50 AM #5
Magic. (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
i also like how he tries to merge the word conscience with god.


its a little bit hard to spell conscience without science.


"we look into the mirror to see what damage had happened during the night"

????

im sorry this video is just quite unpleasing to watch.

im quite certain, that the sun going below the horizon, creating nighttime, has nothing to do with someone being physically harmed.

(i think jesus mightve been a LITTLE too drunk off that wine he kept conjuring out of water)

Last edited by Magic. : 05-11-2007 at 05:57 AM.
Magic. is offline  
Old 05-11-2007, 07:51 AM #6
GoldEaglev3 (Banned)
Ex-2k5'r
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Florida 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare_train View Post
Of course the atheist side will win. We have logic and facts to prove our points, not some old book.
It's not Christianity vs. Atheism, that would be way too easy. It's existence of God vs NonExistence of God. It's easier to argue for God than argue against it, just look at the FSM.
GoldEaglev3 is offline  
Old 05-11-2007, 08:05 AM #7
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah
 
cryptic.paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Uniontown Pa
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Thought they were going to use science to prove god, and nothing in the bible?

cryptic.paintball is offline  
Old 05-11-2007, 08:09 AM #8
Crippled Dogma
 
 
Crippled Dogma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Jax, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
Thought they were going to use science to prove god, and nothing in the bible?

That's what I also wondered. What was proven? Using what?

There were a couple times the RRS stumped the other two.
__________________
Oh, king eh? Very nice. And how'd you get that, eh? By exploiting the workers. By hanging on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic and social differences in our society.

Raider Ball! Raider Ball! Raider Ball!
Crippled Dogma is offline  
Old 05-11-2007, 08:15 AM #9
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah
 
cryptic.paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Uniontown Pa
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crippled Dogma View Post
That's what I also wondered. What was proven? Using what?

There were a couple times the RRS stumped the other two.
Very bad attempt by the christians. I recommend they use other people if they ever plan to debate this again. It was not even interesting, they just used this as a chance to spread the word. And not very well I might add.
cryptic.paintball is offline  
Old 05-11-2007, 09:24 AM #10
Trixy_Hobbit
 
 
Trixy_Hobbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ca$vIlLe
Rofl
Trixy_Hobbit is offline  
Old 05-11-2007, 12:41 PM #11
ray77
roll tide roll!!!!
 
ray77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 256/205, AL
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim96SC2 View Post
The fact of the matter is no one can prove how everything started from square one (hint: big bang doesn't). As such you can neither confirm nor deny the existance of a diety like figure.

Kind of the reason why they use the term FAITH.
thats where theres choice c) agnostic

and u mean blind faith right?
__________________
Viva la OSST Drinking Team!!!!

"Originally posted by Menace: ray77's also drunk 24/7 so don't worry about it."

"Originally posted by SpeedBallDEVIL: what exactly is a 4.6 and a 5.0 and whats the diffence?
V6 and a V8? i have no clue. sry lol"
ray77 is offline  
Old 05-11-2007, 12:48 PM #12
Marauder_Pilot
Thrillin' heroics.
 
Marauder_Pilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Whitehorse, Yukon
With our current levels of knowledge, it's completely impossible to prove or disprove the existence of God, or any other higher power. The Pro-God people have thousands of years of 'miracles' and religious literature, the Anti-God people have a whole pile of unproven theory and ideals. NEITHER is concrete scientific proof.

I wish people would stop wasting so much time and money trying to prove or disprove God. We've got bigger problems to deal with.
Marauder_Pilot is offline  
Old 05-11-2007, 02:07 PM #13
Furious_J
bockbock velcrowrapper
 
Furious_J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Nor:Car
^^^ So True. It wont matter in the end one side will be wrong one side right and if its' the Christian's that are wrong, what did those that lived a Christ like life really lose by doing so?.
__________________
velcrowrappers ftw
"Originally Posted by EY3 velociraptors dont eat burritos." Originally Posted by warbeak2099 "Velcrowrappers do."
"Originally posted by sixty nine: all this religion stuff makes me hungry, ima get some tacos" "Originally posted by Derr: I do my best thinking on the toilet."
CK I kneel for Jesus
RL#594

Please support the March of Dimes!
http://www.marchforbabies.org/s_team_page.asp?seid=620728
Furious_J is offline  
Old 05-11-2007, 05:34 PM #14
skpaintball
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: so cal <O.C.>
 has been a member for 10 years
Hey, you're back! lol

Anyways, I can't help but question why they even bother to waste their time on setting up a "Blasphemy challenge"? Seriously, what's their agenda and/or problem?

Anyways, the debate was quite emotional... I actually watched the whole thing. It's funny how the lady acts like a cocky know-it-all at times.

But seriously, ABC, if this is gonna turn into a series, i'm pretty sure it will get old really soon. Circles and circles...
__________________
feedback
skpaintball is offline  
Old 05-11-2007, 06:01 PM #15
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOPP HACKS LIFE View Post
http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/story?id=3148940&page=1

The Nightline Face-Off! Everyone watch the videos and tell what you think. I personally believe the atheist side destroyed.
I don't necessarily agree with that position that the atheist side "destroyed".

However, I will say that there have been threads here, that some posters on BOTH sides would have been able to present their ideas somewhat better than what was presented in that video.
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: Christ Krew #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline  
Old 05-11-2007, 06:02 PM #16
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah
 
cryptic.paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Uniontown Pa
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
I don't necessarily agree with that position that the atheist side "destroyed".

However, I will say that there have been threads here, that some posters on BOTH sides would have been able to present their ideas somewhat better than what was presented in that video.
I would say the atheists destroyed. And they would not have had to say anything to do so. These guys were on the show to prove god exists without using the bible. They failed
cryptic.paintball is offline  
Old 05-11-2007, 06:16 PM #17
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
...These guys were on the show to prove god exists without using the bible. They failed
yes, with that understanding, but I understood that the premise was not that they shouldn't be able to or shouldn't use the Bible, but to prove God without faith.

of course, as I have said before and will continue - I do not believe that it is possible to prove (or disprove) God. So was there a "winner" based on that? - yup - the atheists.

again though, I understood the premise was about proving God without faith, not without "the Bible".
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: Christ Krew #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline  
Old 05-11-2007, 06:18 PM #18
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah
 
cryptic.paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Uniontown Pa
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
yes, with that understanding, but I understood that the premise was not that they shouldn't be able to or shouldn't use the Bible, but to prove God without faith.

of course, as I have said before and will continue - I do not believe that it is possible to prove (or disprove) God. So was there a "winner" based on that? - yup - the atheists.

again though, I understood the premise was about proving God without faith, not without "the Bible".
Kirk Cameron and his evangelist colleague Ray Comfort had pledged to prove the existence of God, scientifically. You cannot do this with the bible as it is not scientific at all.
cryptic.paintball is offline  
Old 05-11-2007, 06:38 PM #19
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
Kirk Cameron and his evangelist colleague Ray Comfort had pledged to prove the existence of God, scientifically. You cannot do this with the bible as it is not scientific at all.
I disagree, but there must be a foundational understanding of "the Bible" first. (which had not been pre-established, so you are correct in their case) but as I said, that wasn't the premise that I understood. it was supposed to be about not using faith, not about not using the Bible. of course I could be wrong, but that's what I thought I saw presented, initially.
Quote:
One, we'd like to show you that the existence of God can be proven, 100 percent, absolutely, without the use of faith.
of course they failed to do that, as mentioned, but again - it was the rational folks that brought up not using the Bible afterwards. so - was there a set of predefined rules or not? obviously not much of a debate either way without that. (also why I don't believe in "debating" on public forums).

if he would have said that (above quote) to me, I would have done just what I do here. "okay - I am waiting for the proof of your statement of fact." - top which they could present their evidences, to which I would neither agree or disagree, necessarily and then continue asking for the proof of their statement of fact.
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: Christ Krew #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline  
Old 05-11-2007, 06:40 PM #20
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah
 
cryptic.paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Uniontown Pa
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Did you read the article?

"Kirk Cameron and his evangelist colleague Ray Comfort had pledged to prove the existence of God, scientifically. "

Direct quote from it.
cryptic.paintball is offline  
Old 05-11-2007, 06:44 PM #21
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
Did you read the article?

"Kirk Cameron and his evangelist colleague Ray Comfort had pledged to prove the existence of God, scientifically. "

Direct quote from it.
did you read my post?
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: Christ Krew #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline  
 




Posting Rules
Forum Jump