PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-10-2007, 10:55 AM #1
todoroff

Joining in the fall

Hello, I currently attend Brandeis University (near Boston). A few of us are working on forming a paintball team and would like to compete next year. It seems that the information available on college-paintball.com is out of date and somewhat scattered. Is there a checklist available for new teams to ensure that they have everything required to start attending tournaments? A new school liaison on the executive board of the NCPA? A final schedule for next year's tournaments that is available in a form presentable to a university administration?
Any information, advice, or help would be very much appreciated (just send me a PM). Thanks for your time!

Joel
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-10-2007, 01:57 PM #2
sneakyweasel
azn

Annual Supporting Member
sneakyweasel is a Supporting Member
sneakyweasel is an NCPA player
sneakyweasel plays in the APPA D5 division
i dont believe there is a check list or a new school liaison or even a real executive board of the ncpa. it seems like you are looking at paintball as much more organized than it is. might be some1 you could talk to like other club presidents who would be happy to give you info on that stuff but as for the actual organization i dont think so. as for final schedule for tourneys each region sorta makes that and there can be ones added and dropped. all you need is a certain amount of teams(8 or something like that) and a certain amount of schools(think its 5) to make a tourney. paintball is much more last minute.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:10 PM #3
todoroff

ok, I thought that maybe I was missing something or just so stupid I could not find a clear final schedule. Is there any way to get a clear schedule of some kind? I don't know about other schools, but Brandeis is only willing to fully cover tournament costs if they know the venue and dates ahead of time. If it isn't possible we will find a way around it, but it would be much easier for us (and I imagine for some other schools as well).
Old 05-10-2007, 02:16 PM #4
MATT2KOOL
word

since that was the most retarded, uninformative post ever...I will give you some correct and worthwhile information.

To start playing in NCPA tournaments, all you need is 5 guys from the same school. Each player will have to register with the APPA (paintball-players.org) and then you can register your team to play in NCPA tournaments.

As of right now, none of the tournament schedules for next season are finalized, but they are all in the works. There will be 4 events for each region (Northeast, Midwest, etc.) and then Nationals in April.

Your biggest concern right now should be getting at least 5 guys that are committed to playing on a team, and guys that can also commit financially since you will probably not be able to get funding from your school right away seeing as you're a brand new club/team.

If you have any specific questions, I would be glad to help you out. feel free to PM me or catch me on AIM.

Temple University Owls Paintball
Old 05-20-2007, 07:28 PM #5
sirflipzalot2
College Paintball FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATT2KOOL View Post
since that was the most retarded, uninformative post ever...I will give you some correct and worthwhile information.

To start playing in NCPA tournaments, all you need is 5 guys from the same school. Each player will have to register with the APPA (paintball-players.org) and then you can register your team to play in NCPA tournaments.

As of right now, none of the tournament schedules for next season are finalized, but they are all in the works. There will be 4 events for each region (Northeast, Midwest, etc.) and then Nationals in April.

Your biggest concern right now should be getting at least 5 guys that are committed to playing on a team, and guys that can also commit financially since you will probably not be able to get funding from your school right away seeing as you're a brand new club/team.

If you have any specific questions, I would be glad to help you out. feel free to PM me or catch me on AIM.
word