PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-28-2007, 04:50 PM #1
nme2110the2nd
will strip for paint.

so...my friend droped my nme in the water

he was bugging me to shoot it all day...i let him and of course he starts shooting the water in a pond near my house out on a dock we where stand ing by i told him not to but he did any ways then i yelled at him to get away from the water and he says dude im not gona drop it hes been my friend for like 5 years so i trust him i went to walk away and i hear a loud spalsh and him saying oh ****!

i realy felt like crying and beating him up at the same time

i took all the internal out and dryed them off but im scared that the solinoid and board might get messed up if i turn it on or air it up i let it dry off for a long time but still...
i realy dont know much about the soliinoid or elctronics so thats what im looking for help with will my nme die if i turn it on?

o ya will my tank be ok? i had a gravity fed hopper on it at the time so no worrys about the hopper it was a hpa nitro tank if that makes any diffrens..
pic cominng soon
black etek2
"it's not hip-hop it's electro,prick".

Last edited by nme2110the2nd : 04-28-2007 at 04:55 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-28-2007, 05:32 PM #2
Brute06

Actually, I've heard that the NME can be put in the water and still be fine. As in you can actually fire it underwater. Just let it dry out a couple days to be safe.

The noid should be fine. Air molecules are harder to hold than water molecules, so if the noid is air tight, it would also be water tight as well. If you have a stock WAS board still, it should be fine.

Tell us if the rumors are true. Not that I plan to throw my gun in the water or anything, but just let us know.

Tank should be fine.
Old 04-28-2007, 06:07 PM #3
systemx1903

wow...your friend is kinda clumsy..good luck
Old 04-28-2007, 06:56 PM #4
Brute06

Even if it still works, you should tell your friend he destroyed it and that he needs to buy you a new gun. Tell him that since sys x went out of business you can't buy NMEs anymore and he needs to buy you a DM6 or a really really nice ion, or something like that. LOL
Old 04-28-2007, 07:23 PM #5
nme2110the2nd
will strip for paint.

ill get air and try it tomarrow and maybe scam my friend ;]

i just didnt want to turn it on and sparks shoot out or sometin lol
pic cominng soon
black etek2
Old 04-28-2007, 07:35 PM #6
Brute06

I would wait another day if I were you. I know it would most likely be ok tommorrow, but it's really not worth risking your gun. Wait another day and then try it out. Unless you need it for tommorrow, then I guess you can go ahead because it should be fine.

A guy at my local proshop told me that his buddy actually submerged his gun and fired it. I don't think I'd have the nuts to try something like that, but hey, whatever floats his boat. It's his money.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:21 PM #7
nme2110the2nd
will strip for paint.

i havent done it yet and i dont need it for this weekend *points at sig* =p
pic cominng soon
black etek2
Old 04-29-2007, 01:06 AM #8
SEAL 6
The Anti-Hype

SEAL 6 is playing at Living Legends VI
SEAL 6 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DON:T TURN IT ON WHATEVER YOU DO!!!!

the electronics will remain intact as long as you do not pass a current though the wet board or electronics. be sure to THROUGHLY dry out EVERY CONNECTION, and exposed wire and you should be fine.

i don't mean to soud like i'm yelling, i'm just putting important parts in caps
System X NME LE Black/Silver
(but everyone still loves the minimag)
Old 04-29-2007, 02:35 AM #9
Blackdawn101

i think the only potential problem would be possibly rust on the connections of the board etc. also if the board was powered when it was submerged it has a possiblity to short(i have no idea on the water proofing of these things not that id ever test it), just make sure everything is bone dry before powering it and you will see if anything happened or not if it works no worries

old feed back
ebay feedback
Old 04-29-2007, 07:52 AM #10
TherealInsomniac
Bangarang

TherealInsomniac plays in the PSP
TherealInsomniac is playing at Living Legends VI
TherealInsomniac has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
TherealInsomniac supports Empire
well if it makes you feel any better, WAS boards are sealed water tight except for the copper pins. I believe wicked eyes are as well. the solednoid is mechanical , take it out dry off in and out. maybe let it sit for a day after words, then re-lube. These guns work in torrential down pours. Id be more qworried about any dirt that got into parts than the water.

When i need to clean out the indide of my gun I just take out the battery and run water through it until its clean.. board and all
PANTS/JERSEYS
Packs
Masks
Old 04-29-2007, 11:36 AM #11
nme2110the2nd
will strip for paint.

woot! the board turned on and the eyes worked and every thing seemed smooth i had a fan blowing on it for 2 days to make sure it was dry

and it was powered on when it droped but it was in the water for a matter of seconds b4 i scooped it up but it got completely sumbmerged for about 5seconds so maybe they are water proof
pic cominng soon
black etek2
Old 04-29-2007, 11:53 AM #12
Brute06

I would guess so. I don't think it's something anyone wants to truly put to the test, but at least we won't be as worried if it rains or something.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:52 PM #13
retromagman
Team Whale Shark

[quote=Brute06;34807606]Actually, I've heard that the NME can be put in the water and still be fine. As in you can actually fire it underwater. Just let it dry out a couple days to be safe.

the only gun ive actually seen that will fire underwater and will be fine afterward is an automag. i doubt that the NME will take the wet conditions, especially with water all over the board. it would deffinately short out.
Black ProMaster/Eggy 2 w/z-board/48ci AGD Flatline/AKA Sidewinder/AKA no rise clamping feed neck. Ninja ReTro Mag/Z-grip/88ci Crossfire/AGD WarpFeed/Eggy 2 w/z-board. Black and Silver System X NME LE/ 48ci AGD Flatline/ Eggy 2w/z-board.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:47 PM #14
Flamesqual

i gess you can think of it as a watch. some of them are fine under water, some of then start to mess up at the bottom of a pool. pulling you nme up quick before the board submerged is what saved your marker. good job
Old 05-01-2007, 12:33 AM #15
TherealInsomniac
Bangarang

TherealInsomniac plays in the PSP
TherealInsomniac is playing at Living Legends VI
TherealInsomniac has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
TherealInsomniac supports Empire
AS i said before the board is sealed water tight, except for the contact areas. so it is not a "water proof" board and will not work underwater
HOWEVER, being sealed prevents two circiuts on the board from connecting due to the board being wet. if the pins are wet and there is water connecting them, they will short. if the battery is in enough water that the current reaches any two pins, the board will fry.

If you dunked it in water, then merely let it drain, your gun would proba bly work, you would just need to make sure there was no residual water in any of the wiring harnesses.
PANTS/JERSEYS
Packs
Masks
Old 05-01-2007, 12:56 PM #16
PrOtOmAn3
BWalls Photo

PrOtOmAn3 is a Paintball photographer
PrOtOmAn3 donated to help Peyton Trent
PrOtOmAn3 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
PrOtOmAn3 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
wow thats awesome
Old 05-01-2007, 08:16 PM #17
Brute06

Just saying what I've heard. I never told anyone to test my theories.

And trust me I'm no dummy. I'd never purposely submerge my gun just to see if it'll actually fire under water. If the board won't short then it'll be fine under water. Connections can be resoldered. Also, they'll last for a while before they rust over, so you could actually get shots off if you dropped it under water. Again, I don't reccommend it, but the fact that it's so resilient is a pretty good thing. At least we don't have to run scared when it starts to rain a little.