Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-30-2007, 04:36 PM #1
vtdawg404
Interstate Trafficking

vtdawg404 is a Supporting Member
Friendly Fire Paintball - Upton, MA

So I just got off the phone with the owner of Friendly Fire, Linda, with a reasonable request. Let's first start with the 05 season, my team placed 2nd overall for the season in the rookie division, we were awarded free tournament entry, season passes to the field, and paint discounts. So then the last season, 06, we placed second in the higher division, novice. And since they take so long to update the standings on their site, we have been trying to find out what our season prize was for a long time. So apparently, this year, Linda just decided out of the blue that there would be no prizes for second place. However, she never posted this, told me, or anything. She just tried to avoid me and my team. Now this really shocked me, I always thought of her as friendly and helpful so I definately did not expect this. So today I decided to call her. She said she did not want to get into a discussion and she indirectly request sympathy from me regarding her family situation as she began to speak about family issues of no relevance to the topic at hand. So I kept trying to explain my side of the story and get an answer to a simple question without her interupting me. I was polite and conducted myself properly throughout the entire discussion. She kept ignoring my questions and when she realized she was at wrong and most likely should be granting us a prize, she said "I am the owner, I can do whatever I want to!" This in essence is entirely correct and sure, she can do whatever she wants to but wow, apparantly this lady knows nothing in regards to customer service. Even worse, she ended the call by saying "I don't want to get into this discussion" and hung up. All in all, I am very disappointed. I always thought of her in a near opposite way. Guess I was wrong. Needless to say, I will not be playing there anytime soon, I also do not plan on playing their tournament series again. Not sure why I posted, guess I just needed to rant. Customer service is really such a big deal and it says a lot about a business when their owner behaves so obnoxiously.

-VT
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-30-2007, 04:53 PM #2
vdubdriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtdawg404 View Post
So I just got off the phone with the owner of Friendly Fire, Linda, with a reasonable request. Let's first start with the 05 season, my team placed 2nd overall for the season in the rookie division, we were awarded free tournament entry, season passes to the field, and paint discounts. So then the last season, 06, we placed second in the higher division, novice. And since they take so long to update the standings on their site, we have been trying to find out what our season prize was for a long time. So apparently, this year, Linda just decided out of the blue that there would be no prizes for second place. However, she never posted this, told me, or anything. She just tried to avoid me and my team. Now this really shocked me, I always thought of her as friendly and helpful so I definately did not expect this. So today I decided to call her. She said she did not want to get into a discussion and she indirectly request sympathy from me regarding her family situation as she began to speak about family issues of no relevance to the topic at hand. So I kept trying to explain my side of the story and get an answer to a simple question without her interupting me. I was polite and conducted myself properly throughout the entire discussion. She kept ignoring my questions and when she realized she was at wrong and most likely should be granting us a prize, she said "I am the owner, I can do whatever I want to!" This in essence is entirely correct and sure, she can do whatever she wants to but wow, apparantly this lady knows nothing in regards to customer service. Even worse, she ended the call by saying "I don't want to get into this discussion" and hung up. All in all, I am very disappointed. I always thought of her in a near opposite way. Guess I was wrong. Needless to say, I will not be playing there anytime soon, I also do not plan on playing their tournament series again. Not sure why I posted, guess I just needed to rant. Customer service is really such a big deal and it says a lot about a business when their owner behaves so obnoxiously.

-VT
That sucks alot man. I was never a big fan of FF before, I always preferred Fox4. This will definitely stop me from going to FF, because just like you said customer service is a HUGE deal. Why would I want to deal with an owner who conducts her business like that?