PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-23-2007, 11:35 AM #1
tico81

velocity issues

ok here is my problem....i have a system x vengeance with Xonik grip...i have a high flow (low pressure valve) with a lite weight bolt..( dont knw what kind...it's blk) i can get the gun at about 160 psi to shoot..perfectly but i can not go any higer with the velocity..it reaches 214 and stay there no matter how much i turn the velocity adjuster it saty that low....no i dont want to raise the psi i want to keep it low...now what can i do?....is it the springs? and which ones are better?can someone help?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-23-2007, 08:25 PM #2
loser555

160 is much higher than it should be, the guage should be at 80 or around there my guess is that a hose is pinched or your hpr is either too far in or too far out to make you resort to turning your lpr in that far, back your lpr and hpr out first the lpr because backing out the hpr if its in too far might over pressurize the noid and that could be $60 down the drain, when finished your hpr should be about 3 threads sticking out from the bottom
Old 04-24-2007, 12:09 AM #3
Brute06

no, loser, it's not an NME, it's a cocker.

You can turn the back adjuster in a little to get the fps up a bit. I'll find a manual somewhere. If it's the same as the standard cockers, then you should go over to the cocker forums. Is the xonix frame mech?? or E?? The cockers had a lug in the back that you have to turn in to get the velocity to adjust.

I'm pretty new to cockers, so the other guys will likely know more than I do. I would think the sys x cocker in comparison to a cocker is basically just like a piranha in comparison to a spyder.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:40 PM #4
magman687
cocker tech

i take it the 160 psi is for your hpr???? i have mine at 200psi maybe you should up it just a bit if anything just to see if it does help by the way it sounds it is not a board prob or spring but psi. if it makes you feel anybetter a wgp cocker should run on 400psi they say but systemx cockers work well at 260-300psi stock

hope this helps
"You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last nite, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next 3 minutes, this is your heaven on earth."

your heart never dies...but your body does.
for cocker help go to http://magman68.tripod.com
Old 04-30-2007, 12:34 PM #5
tico81

ok....um..i up the air a lil bit and now it's at 258 fps but i want to keep it as low pressure as possible to keep from wasting so much air.......i'll put a pic of my cocker up this week...u guys tell me what to do from there ok...and also im pretty new to this so my "short" complicated instructions please...
Old 04-30-2007, 03:58 PM #6
Brute06

Actually, lower pressure doesn't always mean it's more efficient. The tuning has a lot more to do with it. Really, the only things that have to do with your velocity are the dwell and the pressure. Changing either one of those will cause your gun to use more or less air, but you'll have to up one of those in order to get the proper fps. In order to get a better effieciency, you want to use a slightly higher pressure with a lower dwell. It allows the ball to attain it's proper FPS in a shorter time, so there's not as much air used.

Think of it this way. You're in your car, stopped just before a tunnel. You're target speed is 40mph, then you stop once you've attained it. You can either slam on you gas pedal, or you can slowly accelerate. If you slam on the gas pedal, stop and look back, you'll notice that you covered a short distance. If you slowly accelerate, you'll notice that you covered a much larger distance. Now imagine that distance you covered was filled with air. It would take more air to fill up the area of the longer distance than it would take to fill up the area of the shorter distance. Basically since the paintball is able to reach it's velocity quicker, you're able to shoot with less air and still get the target fps you want. Also, you'll notice that the shot is quieter, this is due to the greater amount of time for the gases to vent out of the barrel. The downside, and the reason it's not always best to use a slightly higher pressure is because if you use brittle paint, it's harder on the ball if you hit it with a large amount of air in a short amount of time. If you spread it out a little, you hit with less force, which will cause the ball to either not break, or help so it doesn't deform and throw off your accuracy. It's really simple physics. Force= mass x acceleration.