PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-22-2007, 06:30 PM #1
fantasyx92 (Banned)

High school teams

I'm trying to get one started at my school, we have plenty of people that want it, and we already have a couple different teachers that might support it.

My school has a JROTC program that shoots BB guns(can pierce skin), and really weird clubs like Southern asian Pride Union, and Gay alliance(sorry if anyone finds me calling these clubs weird offensive, not my point)

Anyone have any advice to try and convince my school to allow it?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-22-2007, 06:40 PM #2
Linuss

Point out how it is the SAFEST sport there is (even safer then golf) and provide the needed documents. (Google it)

Invite the admins to give it a try themselves one day and see how much fun it can be while still being a sport.

Talk to a local field and see if you can get a discount or something going (alwyas helps)

Tell them the ways you'll earn money to pay for it. Schools dont like paying for a sport where the main point is to shoot someone else. Then again this is Texas we're talking about...

Find out of other people on here who have school endorsed (does not mean sponsored) team and find out what they did. Then have their administrator's contact yours and tell them how much of a success it has been.

Plus show them the stuff from this past weekends collegiate / high school tounry at X-dren to show them many other schools do it too.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:53 PM #3
fantasyx92 (Banned)

thx, i'll have to try that, and yea im actually in AZ so my state is full of anti-gun Californians who moved here causes its cheaper to live....and yes they've taken over so my state is going to turn into another armpit of America.