What are your beliefs/religion *POLL* - Page 3 - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: What religion are you?
Catholic 8 6.61%
Christian (Any Non-Catholic Sect) 47 38.84%
Jewish 4 3.31%
Muslim 5 4.13%
Hindu 0 0%
Neo-Pagan 1 0.83%
Agnostic/Deist/Buddhist 16 13.22%
Atheist 28 23.14%
Satanist 2 1.65%
Other 10 8.26%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-07-2007, 10:15 PM #43
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.

RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ov3rmind in 2006 View Post
I'm Agnostic because it's the only one that makes any damn sense to me. When any side shows me any shred of proof, I'll take a look. Otherwise, it's just ridiculous in my eyes.
interesting:
Quote:
Ov3rmind in 2006
Hail Satan
this doesn't appear to be just agnostic, to me.

there are lots of "shreds" of evidences for many religions. or are you looking for proof?
Member of: Christ Krew #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-07-2007, 10:23 PM #44
Ov3rmind in 2006
Ov3rmind in 2006 in 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
interesting:

this doesn't appear to be just agnostic, to me.

there are lots of "shreds" of evidences for many religions. or are you looking for proof?
a. It's a joke
b. Show me something stronger than faith.

Metal and Hardcore Records: Original early Sepultura LPs, Necros - Conquest for Death LP
Old 04-07-2007, 10:32 PM #45
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ov3rmind in 2006 View Post
a. It's a joke
b. Show me something stronger than faith.
(sorry, not a very funny joke, to me - it "screams" - give me attention, I want to get a reaction out of you. - especially with your avatar of the Petrine cross - a "Christian Symbol" - that later has become a symbol of anti-Christianity, and some kinds of satanism).

what is "stronger than faith" mean to you? I could show you archaeological evidences and textual evidences of people and places that are in the Bible. We could discuss the textual accuracy of the OT, based on the finds in the dead sea scrolls.

the sheer numbers of (Biblical) manuscripts available, and the relatively minuscule numbers of other (non-Biblical) documents that are otherwise considered "historically accurate" - yet the ones with only a few copies that are not "Bible", are accepted, nearly without question, but since the others that are "canon" are "Bible", they are automatically discredited by those very same people that accept the "historical" documents.

Perhaps an instantaneous changed life?, the miracles that have been witnessed? of course all that has elements of faith. No, I can't "prove" God is, or did anything, but that wasn't what you asked for. What do you consider a "shred".

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:33 PM #46
Charles666
cwatididthar?

Why is Atheist in italic?

ST:You're not one of us.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:35 PM #47
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles666 View Post
Why is Atheist in italic?
psst...
that's what you voted for.

Old 04-07-2007, 10:49 PM #48
tonysk83

tonysk83 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
(sorry, not a very funny joke, to me - it "screams" - give me attention, I want to get a reaction out of you. - especially with your avatar of the Petrine cross - a "Christian Symbol" - that later has become a symbol of anti-Christianity, and some kinds of satanism).

what is "stronger than faith" mean to you? I could show you archaeological evidences and textual evidences of people and places that are in the Bible. We could discuss the textual accuracy of the OT, based on the finds in the dead sea scrolls.

the sheer numbers of (Biblical) manuscripts available, and the relatively minuscule numbers of other (non-Biblical) documents that are otherwise considered "historically accurate" - yet the ones with only a few copies that are not "Bible", are accepted, nearly without question, but since the others that are "canon" are "Bible", they are automatically discredited by those very same people that accept the "historical" documents.

Perhaps an instantaneous changed life?, the miracles that have been witnessed? of course all that has elements of faith. No, I can't "prove" God is, or did anything, but that wasn't what you asked for. What do you consider a "shred".
RP, I can never understand this. I was told my entire life that the bible was never invented to be a historical text, this was by man different religion teachers I had throughout my catholic schooling. Not to mention youth pastors in my church. So should we take it as a historical text?

"This conjunction of an immense military establishment and a large arms industry is new in the American experience. The total influence economic, political, even spiritual is felt in every city, every Statehouse, every office of the Federal government. We recognize the imperative need for this development. Yet we must not fail to comprehend its grave implications."-Dwight Eisenhower
Old 04-07-2007, 11:15 PM #49
Charles666
cwatididthar?

Quote:
psst...

ST:You're not one of us.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:06 AM #50
Ov3rmind in 2006
Ov3rmind in 2006 in 2010

Quote:
okay

Quote:

You have to see this from my perspective: How does any of this make a religion true?

Quote:
Yep, and that's where we're different. Faith isn't enough for me. And, actually, I did ask for proof. It was in my first post in this thread.

Metal and Hardcore Records: Original early Sepultura LPs, Necros - Conquest for Death LP
Old 04-08-2007, 09:22 AM #51
chodeyg
sprezzatura

Quote:
psst...
ROFL!
Old 04-08-2007, 10:00 AM #52
Em1Kid288
♥LOVE♥

Raised in a nonbelieving environment but came out as a believing Methodist Christian.
ANYMORE
Old 04-08-2007, 07:05 PM #53
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonysk83 View Post
RP, I can never understand this. I was told my entire life that the bible was never invented to be a historical text, this was by man different religion teachers I had throughout my catholic schooling. Not to mention youth pastors in my church. So should we take it as a historical text?
The Bible is not a historical document, bit contains some history. my point is that some of the other docs that I mentioned also contain "other" materials as well, but they are accepted as "historical documents".