Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-06-2007, 07:17 PM #1
KShostility

05 Black Magic battery connector problem.

Hello all. My son has a 2005 Black Magic, completely stock, but brand new. The prong on the left side that accepts the Negative terminal of the battery popped off. There is no damage done to the board or prong, it just "popped" off. I was wondering that maybe I could just solder the connection back on, instead of sending it in to WGP and having the same problem come up later. Does anyone know how i should solder it back together? Thanks for the help, we appreciate it.
Kyle
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-06-2007, 07:34 PM #2
Wv7o

I'm not trying to be rude but if you are not sure how to go about soldering the connector pin back on the board you would be better off calling WGP and getting it sent in. ( or mabey WGP will send you a board and a shipping label so you can swap it out and return the failed board) try calling monday and see what happens.

If you bought the gun new from a local shop take it to them they might swap out your board with one from another gun and send it to WGP and you won't have to send it in, just a thought.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:39 PM #3
KShostility

Sorry, this is my fault for not explaining. I know how to solder, I was just wondering if I should solder around the prong to attach it again. Or just place a bead in the center on top of that circle that is in the center of the prong. I am looking for more of where to solder than how. Thanks for your advice.
Kyle
Old 04-06-2007, 07:53 PM #4
flight cancled
Engineering your BAN

flight cancled is a Supporting Member
pre-solder the pad, then push down on the connector while holding the iron over the presolder. that should hold it in place. That or just ripp of the other one as well and install a regular 9v clip.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:47 PM #5
KShostility

^^ good idea, I'll just take a clip off of an old Piranha board, Thanks for the help!
Hey were both sponsored by Redz