Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2007, 12:16 AM #1
babykiller:)
 
 
babykiller:)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
How did the Universe came about?

This is for all those atheists and christians...

For the atheists, how was the Universe created and life?

For the christians, if god created the universe and life, who created god?
__________________
"A myth is a religion in which no one any longer believes."

Last edited by babykiller:) : 04-06-2007 at 12:32 AM.
babykiller:) is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-06-2007, 12:25 AM #2
Derr
•THE EDITOR•
 
Derr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Morro Bay, CA
What?
__________________
::Derr's Epic Ride::

:shrimponatreadmill:
ssgaR:I genuinely dislike this derr guy. •• GE: Derr gets laid more often than you masturbate. *Nevar Forget*
TheMahone2491: Dont worry no matter what you say almighty Derr knows what YOU are thinking when you write your posts.
corporationpaintball: Derr has high standards, but to meet those standards should be a goal that you move towards because it will not only better your life in the long run, but the lives of those you are in contact with on an intellectual level.
DJ.Barman.helicopter[Pilot].sportbike[Rider].lineservice[Man]
Derr is offline  
Old 04-06-2007, 12:29 AM #3
graysonp
Me = Awesome
 
graysonp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southern KY
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by babykiller:) View Post
A myth is a religion in which no one any longer believes.
You should really have your English teacher proofread any "profound" quotes that you decide to put in your sig...

EDIT: On second thought, change "any profound quotes that you decide to put in your sig" to "your entire post".

Last edited by graysonp : 04-06-2007 at 12:32 AM.
graysonp is offline  
Old 04-06-2007, 12:58 AM #4
babykiller:)
 
 
babykiller:)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by graysonp View Post
You should really have your English teacher proofread any "profound" quotes that you decide to put in your sig...

EDIT: On second thought, change "any profound quotes that you decide to put in your sig" to "your entire post".
so what bothers that i quoted a philosopher who doesn't have proper grammar and and used it for my sig... umm get over ur self buddy, stop waisting ur time by posting stupid **** like that b/c u have nothin on me... So are u goin to go through all of Mark Twain quotes and correct them for improper grammar... that was random too see i can do the same thing...you douche
__________________
"A myth is a religion in which no one any longer believes."
babykiller:) is offline  
Old 04-06-2007, 01:16 AM #5
mulletmadness
Damn Whities
 
mulletmadness's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: The Siege, SE Wisconsin
mulletmadness is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Ahhh String Theory!
__________________
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Feedback
mulletmadness is offline  
Old 04-06-2007, 02:06 AM #6
Katsumoru (Banned)
 
Katsumoru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Katsumoru is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
We don't know and we never will know.
Katsumoru is offline  
Old 04-06-2007, 03:18 AM #7
ctrain (Banned)
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Tucson AZ
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsumoru View Post
We don't know and we never will know.
bingo. you will kill yourself trying to find out something that ultimately doesn't matter. just be a good person make others feel good and you have nothing to worry about.
ctrain is offline  
Old 04-06-2007, 09:20 AM #8
chodeyg
sprezzatura
 
chodeyg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: via lactea
I derno. Don't really care anymore to be honest with you.
__________________
Resurrect dead on planet Jupiter
chodeyg is offline  
Old 04-06-2007, 09:36 AM #9
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by babykiller:) View Post
This is for all those atheists and christians...

For the atheists, how was the Universe created and life?

For the christians, if god created the universe and life, who created god?
How did the universe come about? I dunno, when you find out - let me in on it.

as for my religious/philosophical view - You seem to make an assumption that God needs a creator. I do not make this assumption. partially due to the fact that I believe that the Creator is not bound to His creation and as such what we understand bout this physics does not apply to that Creator.
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline  
Old 04-06-2007, 11:37 AM #10
Believer
There is no God but God
 
Believer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
How did the universe come about? I dunno, when you find out - let me in on it.

as for my religious/philosophical view - You seem to make an assumption that God needs a creator. I do not make this assumption. partially due to the fact that I believe that the Creator is not bound to His creation and as such what we understand bout this physics does not apply to that Creator.
well siad Rambo, we believe the same thing
__________________
Is there any Reward for Good - other than Good?

[ Quran 55:60 ]



MUSLIM BALLERS CLUB
Lacrosse Equipment
Blue 06 Shocker Must Be Gone
Believer is offline  
Old 04-06-2007, 11:41 AM #11
mamin88
SuperSupra619
 
mamin88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Flemington, NJ
No one will EVER figure this out. We all have our opinions. Me? I think god created the universe. But until we die we will never really find out if thats true, so its best to stop MAKING THREADS on it because that will lead to another Atheist/Theist war
mamin88 is offline  
Old 04-06-2007, 11:49 AM #12
Adema3412
Give me fiction
 
Adema3412's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
 has been a member for 10 years
The universe being created is just as fathomable as God, when you think about it, but the only reason you believe in this universe is because you are in it.

I for one have no idea or even belief about how the creation of the universe came about, but either are laws of physics are wrong and this matter was created from nothing, God made it, or it has always been in existence.
__________________
I can't believe how strange it is to be anything at all
It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized
discipline. But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion
on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance.
--Murray Rothbard
Adema3412 is offline  
Old 04-06-2007, 03:10 PM #13
Believer
There is no God but God
 
Believer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Jersey
"And the firmament, We constructed with power and skill and verily We are expanding it. (The Noble Quran, 51:47)"

"Do not the Unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined together (as one unit of creation), before we clove them asunder? We made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe? (The Noble Quran, 21:30)"

I believe ( like the Quran states) and that modern science proves. that universe came into being with an enormous explosion of matter( the Big Bang) and that the universe is expanding
__________________
Is there any Reward for Good - other than Good?

[ Quran 55:60 ]



MUSLIM BALLERS CLUB
Lacrosse Equipment
Blue 06 Shocker Must Be Gone
Believer is offline  
Old 04-06-2007, 03:13 PM #14
Katsumoru (Banned)
 
Katsumoru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Katsumoru is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Believer View Post
I believe
Key words.

We will never know for sure. We can believe in theories, but we will never know if our beliefs are correct.
Katsumoru is offline  
Old 04-06-2007, 04:00 PM #15
Sankarihauta (Banned)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Nor Cal
I don't know.
Sankarihauta is offline  
Old 04-06-2007, 04:52 PM #16
Derr
•THE EDITOR•
 
Derr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Morro Bay, CA
I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.
__________________
::Derr's Epic Ride::

:shrimponatreadmill:
ssgaR:I genuinely dislike this derr guy. •• GE: Derr gets laid more often than you masturbate. *Nevar Forget*
TheMahone2491: Dont worry no matter what you say almighty Derr knows what YOU are thinking when you write your posts.
corporationpaintball: Derr has high standards, but to meet those standards should be a goal that you move towards because it will not only better your life in the long run, but the lives of those you are in contact with on an intellectual level.
DJ.Barman.helicopter[Pilot].sportbike[Rider].lineservice[Man]
Derr is offline  
Old 04-06-2007, 05:25 PM #17
fatboywoods
Jesus F†W
 
fatboywoods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: SoCal
Can't believe you posted this. The closest we (Christians) have:

God is the first and the last, the beginning and the end, the Alpha and Omega. There is nothing before or after God. We'll never know where he came from.
__________________
Old-Fashioned Trust
fatboywoods is offline  
Old 04-06-2007, 05:27 PM #18
Knoob (Banned)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboywoods View Post
Can't believe you posted this. The closest we (Christians) have:

God is the first and the last, the beginning and the end, the Alpha and Omega. There is nothing before or after God. We'll never know where he came from.
thats actually Flying Spaghetti Monster you're talking about.
Knoob is offline  
Old 04-06-2007, 06:14 PM #19
tonysk83
 
 
tonysk83's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
tonysk83 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adema3412 View Post
God made it, or it has always been in existence.
Couldn't there possibly be other options that we have no idea even exist at the current time?

To people 200 years ago, the idea of the big bang wasn't even in their mind frame. I think there are so many other possibilities between those two, that a lot of people tend to conclude that we have no knowledge even exist.
__________________
www.myspace.com/blueprintforutopia

"This conjunction of an immense military establishment and a large arms industry is new in the American experience. The total influence – economic, political, even spiritual – is felt in every city, every Statehouse, every office of the Federal government. We recognize the imperative need for this development. Yet we must not fail to comprehend its grave implications."-Dwight Eisenhower
tonysk83 is offline  
Old 04-06-2007, 06:21 PM #20
Adema3412
Give me fiction
 
Adema3412's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonysk83 View Post
Couldn't there possibly be other options that we have no idea even exist at the current time?

To people 200 years ago, the idea of the big bang wasn't even in their mind frame. I think there are so many other possibilities between those two, that a lot of people tend to conclude that we have no knowledge even exist.
Of course, but you first one
Quote:
but either are laws of physics are wrong and this matter was created from nothing
Which implies our inability to comprehend something very important in regards to the laws of the universe.
__________________
I can't believe how strange it is to be anything at all
It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized
discipline. But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion
on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance.
--Murray Rothbard
Adema3412 is offline  
Old 04-06-2007, 06:23 PM #21
android17ak47
No!!!!!
 
android17ak47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: jamestown n.y.
Heres is a thread from the past that this was the topic. You should find most everyones viewpoints and discussions here.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1929478
__________________
Feedback87/0
NEWFeedback91/0
android17ak47 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump