Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-01-2007, 08:28 PM #148
ECrevolution
LM > LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbeak2099 View Post
Why shouldn't it be learned at all though? Certainly it is not science and therefore cannot be taught in Biology class. But how about some philosophy classes start getting offered in public schools? How about kids start learning about different philosophies? Thomas Aquinas, David Hume, all the great Enlightenment philosophes. And maybe some modern day philosophies too. I have nothing against teaching religion or philosophy in schools, as long as it is in the correct class room.

Yes, this may work. But only if it is an elective. It must be optional, and it must be bias free.

NO ONE should be forced to learn about religion, and having a place on the curriculum sheet of any standard class is doing just that.

"Originally posted by zoink: ""Originally posted by zoink: Banned because I'm a pbn mod and i don't need a reason WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

2 months until I get back in osst.....
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2007, 12:16 AM #149
paintballguru92
Guru

Annual Supporting Member
paintballguru92 plays in the PSP
paintballguru92 plays in the APPA D2 division
theres a really easy solution to this problem...PRIVATE SCHOOL !
i wish it would be tought in public school thoug i dont think it ever will =(
FLY HIGH KREW
Old 04-02-2007, 03:50 PM #150
chodeyg
sprezzatura

Sure teach it.

"Some people believe that spontaneous generation of life is impossible and that a higher power must have had a hand in creating life."

That's all that can be said about it.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:54 PM #151
paintballer929 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topazbullet View Post
^This is exactly what I think about creationism. We should teach evolution and creationism alongside each other, just to show kids different sets of beliefs and hopefully allow them to choose their own, but I don't think we should only teach evolution (That's what is happening now). BTW, I am an atheist.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:35 PM #152
ECrevolution
LM > LT

Yeah, but the problem is your pushing beliefs on people. I know alot of you would be pissed if a teacher or boss was grading you on how well you understood their political affiliation/beliefs.

"Originally posted by zoink: ""Originally posted by zoink: Banned because I'm a pbn mod and i don't need a reason WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

2 months until I get back in osst.....
Old 04-03-2007, 10:39 PM #153
Chemlab
art.culture.work.

has been a member for 10 years
Creationism should be taught in schools in a religion class, not under the guise of science. Said class should cover more religions than just christianity. Whether you're religious or not there are interesting things you can take out of that knowledge.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:07 PM #154
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemlab View Post
Creationism should be taught in schools in a religion class, not under the guise of science. Said class should cover more religions than just christianity. Whether you're religious or not there are interesting things you can take out of that knowledge.
Common sense ftw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballguru92
theres a really easy solution to this problem...PRIVATE SCHOOL !
Gee, I went to a private, Jesuit, Catholic highschool just so I wouldn't have to deal with ignorance such as the practice of teaching creationism alongside evolution. I'm glad I made that choice, the Jesuits are very intelligent men and they know the difference between religion and science.
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
Old 04-03-2007, 11:38 PM #155
Topazbullet
Don't hate. Dominate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer929 View Post
^This is exactly what I think about creationism. We should teach evolution and creationism alongside each other, just to show kids different sets of beliefs and hopefully allow them to choose their own, but I don't think we should only teach evolution (That's what is happening now). BTW, I am an atheist.
I think you misunderstood the comic... it's saying that creation is not a science and therefore should not be taught as one
Old 04-05-2007, 10:58 PM #156
babykiller:)

Alright *******s any forms of belief should not be taught in public schools, b/c theres too many ethnicity's groups in schools and different beliefs. plus its unconstitutional to teach religion mandatory against ur will(unless its a private school)and you have *******s like me, who will go against any form of religious teachings on purpose to start more ****. oh yeah by the way evolution isn't a belief its a scientific fact and to some(mindless and1 dimensional religion naive freaks)its a theory. you can't teach science and beliefs(religion) in the same class its contradicting each other b/c science proves all forms of religion false. so no they shouldn't teach creationism in public schools!
Old 04-05-2007, 11:16 PM #157
Diomedes
Nerd

Diomedes is playing at Living Legends III
That comic is satire, it's making the point that creationism has no place in the classroom.
Zombie Defense Force, Local 42 #61 "Darwin"
Zombie Defense Dispatches <--YouTube channel. Reviews, helmetcam, odds and ends. Updated more-or-less weekly. Subscribe!
Looking for a new mask? See how they compare.
"Integrity is doing what's right, even if nobody is looking." My PBN feedback
Old 04-06-2007, 04:22 PM #158
Tippmann playa
Workin' dat insulin spike

Quote:
Originally Posted by babykiller:) View Post
Alright *******s any forms of belief should not be taught in public schools, b/c theres too many ethnicity's groups in schools and different beliefs. plus its unconstitutional to teach religion mandatory against ur will(unless its a private school)and you have *******s like me, who will go against any form of religious teachings on purpose to start more ****. oh yeah by the way evolution isn't a belief its a scientific fact and to some(mindless and1 dimensional religion naive freaks)its a theory. you can't teach science and beliefs(religion) in the same class its contradicting each other b/c science proves all forms of religion false. so no they shouldn't teach creationism in public schools!
Riiiight

"Originally posted by pillowpants: i dont know how to decipher this chart, then again, i do go to a community college."
"Originally posted by Mr.AmaZiN: did you just use an apostrophe for want?"
"Originally posted by pb123456789: Or call her a **** and proceed to textrape her."
"Originally posted by dualimpact: They haven't walked in on me but they know, I'm a screamer."
Old 04-06-2007, 04:26 PM #159
Hero
Stashy Pow Brah

Hero is a founding member
Hero plays in the PSP
Hero plays in the APPA D4 division
"then we can teach all OBGYN's that babies come from storkes."-Bill M.