Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-02-2007, 02:55 AM #1
nex_episode_wagon

a old cocker dude coming back to the game.

jus introducing myself to the board. started playing w/ an automag that my friend let me borrow, ended up being mine due to he didn't want to play anymore. same day my friends let me try their guns, old school pump,spyder,and the infamous autococker. some reason they were amazed that i new how to shoot the gun being my first time playing the game. the automag was a good gun but i didnt wanna be the kid that didn't pay for his own gun so the following weekend i got a brand new vertical feed autococker for like 349.99. i think i was 13 played till about 16 then grew out of it. then out of the blue on my 25th b-day my lady bought me a pilot acs which i like and is a great gun. i guess its in my blood i had to get a autococker so i got gettogunna's trilogy pro autococker. sorry so long but its a rush to b back and three of us on the field representing the gun from alaska. ka che.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:24 AM #2
Aut0c()cker4l1f3

good to have ya
Old 04-02-2007, 02:50 PM #3
Triggerwalkin

i have a trilogy, great gun. imo youll want to upgrade it so just buy a bigger cocker. me, i went up to an outkast
com/showthread.php?p=36032443#post36032443[/url]
Old 04-02-2007, 07:47 PM #4
fflotus22
you are all diseased

fflotus22 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
I would definatley stray away from anything Trilogy series (electro or mech), they just don't feel like a "real" autococker.

So i would go 04-05 Prostock, mech or elctro you'll be satisfied.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:23 PM #5
nex_episode_wagon

thanx guys for your replies. i paid alot of money when i was a teenager to buy my autococker about 500.00 total cost after a couple of barrels and expansion chamber cause it didnt come w/ one if i remember correctly. isnt that were we would have to put the c02? well anyways and a venturi bolt and i was fine w/ just that. the gun i have now stock trilogy pro shoots jus like my first w/ the upgrades if not jus a little better. not to sound rude or biggheaded or anything its partially the gun but its mostly the player.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:36 AM #6
jfreak

has been a member for 10 years
Welcome back! Trilogy is fine, and the Pro is the best of those so don't listen to the cocker snobs. You can still do upgrades to it, just not as many as to the traditional style cockers. All my friends tease me because I have an Angel setup I sunk $1700.00 into back in the day but I always find myself using the $100.00 cocker I picked up a few months ago
Old 04-03-2007, 08:25 AM #7
Yellowdart221

ya man, I have an 04 Prostock, it's a real nice gun to handle with. I've never used a trilogy so I don't know if they actually suck or not. I've heard that they don't feel like a real cocker. so I can't tell you what the difference is between usin either one. if you were going to get another cocker i would tell you to get a prostock but it's the only "real" cocker I've ever used so don't go by me if you don't want to.

"Outgunned is merely a state of mind"

"Even those who will be kings, your soul is in your keeping alone, when you stand before god you cannot say but I was told by others to do thus, or virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not sufice." -Baldin IV 'King of Jerusalem 1184
-"Kingdom of Heaven"
Old 04-03-2007, 09:00 AM #8
loneassassin
A Grim and...

Trilogies "feel" just like any other cocker. I don't know what those other people are smoking. The only thing different about them is they have a built in 3-way, not a separate unit that can be changed. The stock timing rod is non-adjustable, but you can buy an adjustable one from Techtpaintball.com. Every other aspect of the Trilogy can be upgraded. That being said, I'd still get a non-trilogy cocker, because you can use a very nice 3-way such as a Hollowpoint or Palmer's Quickswitch, and get your trigger very short and light/smooth. The Trilogy 3-way is not overly long, but is not as smooth one of those 3-ways above.

If you simply want a dependable, bomb-proof gun that requires virtually no tinkering and low maintenence, I'd say just get a Trilogy Pro. I have a very nice custom 03 cocker, and my roomate has a Trilogy pro, and the only difference in performance between them is maybe I can pull 2 bps faster on mine. But that may be worth it to you, and it was to me.

My halfblocked Trilogy pump:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...6/P3250486.jpg
Old 04-03-2007, 10:19 AM #9
empiretippmann

i compared my friends trilogy to my 03 vert and i thought they were very similar the only diffrence is i can make my trigger pull a lot shorter with my bomb
Old 04-03-2007, 10:32 AM #10
k.macocker
customcockers.com

has been a member for 10 years
three way is the weak point.

-must have adapter to upgrade lpr
-cannot change out 3 way (like said, I would want a bomb, hollowpoint etc) the 3 way is the restricting factor in creating a short trigger..
-cannot change out feed neck, same piece of metal as the body
-cannot change out vert asa, if you ever wanted a 15 degree for some reason
-not much in the way of after market internals
-ram is severly cramped if that is an issue when thinking of qevs

if you just want a cocker and won't change anything, then trillogy is fine I guess, but if you are a tinkering kind of guy who wants the best perfromance possible, then a standard cocker with removable feed is the way to go. and as I said before, you can get a nice second hand cocker for little money these days.
enjoy,
kmac
Old 04-03-2007, 04:08 PM #11
Triggerwalkin

if your like an anti-tinkerer than the trilogy is for you
com/showthread.php?p=36032443#post36032443[/url]
Old 04-04-2007, 06:10 PM #12
nex_episode_wagon

i will be getting another cocker but not any time soon but some time this summer. i jus wanna get the feeling back if you know what i mean. jus a little rusty. as far as the tinkerring w/ stuff i love it. i own a couple of hatches that are done up that i did bye my self like sohc v-tec swaps,clutches,manifolds and all that good stuff. so ya i love modifying stuff i think that was the reason i left the sport awhile back. its okay though im back from a long break and somewhat the same gun i left w/ sort of. my lady bought me a pilot acs which is fast and good but i jus had to get a cocker so here i am.