PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-01-2007, 11:38 PM #1
camoguy

has been a member for 10 years
Tips on keeping up with the electros?

OK, here is the story. I played last night for the first time in almost 3 years. It was at the local indoor which is a pretty good setup. There were at one point about 17-20 people playing from young kids to guys around 40. Everyone had an electro but me! Even the 8-10 year old kids! I love my cocker with an eclipse pivot so that is what I was playing with. I got my butt handed to me several times just because I couldn't keep up with the amount of paint that people were letting go. It was very frustrating. Does anyone have any tips as I get back in the game to level the playing field? I of course was doing a lot of snap shooting in short bursts and making my shots count. Thanks.

Markers;
AKA Merlin body cocker
Classic Timmy
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-01-2007, 11:41 PM #2
UrbanCamo
is quiting paintball.

EBlade, or fan the trigger.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:47 PM #3
opraiderman
Back to Basics

use the classic timmy if you want to keep up that bad

but if ur set on using the cocker let the kids shoot at your bunker till they reload and for the experienced players rely on your team and play it like its dealt just dont be pinned in a bunker

"Originally Posted by skillyherman: I think it looks disgusting....looks like the R has a hairy dick between its legs..."
Old 04-02-2007, 12:16 AM #4
camoguy

I can get on the trigger pretty good. I just like the cocker, that's why I did'nt use the timmy. I guess I'll use it next time.

Markers;
AKA Merlin body cocker
Classic Timmy
Old 04-02-2007, 12:16 AM #5
cockerpunk (Banned)

i was rockin my merlin last weekend too. i was mowing fools, then again im mainly a pump payer and am used to being out gunned at all times.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:48 AM #6
camoguy

I guess it's just been a while since I played. In the past I've kept up just fine with electros, I guess I'm just a little rusty!

Markers;
AKA Merlin body cocker
Classic Timmy
Old 04-02-2007, 01:11 AM #7
jtx2003
Ch...Ch...Ch...China

jtx2003 is a Supporting Member
jtx2003 donated to help Peyton Trent
jtx2003 is playing at Living Legends III
I use a kapp flame cocker.... all stock.... when ur being out gunned... just play smarter
Old 04-02-2007, 02:22 AM #8
poopresearch
Dr Nick

poopresearch plays in the PSP
poopresearch supports DLX Technology
Against players of similar skill, of course the guy with the electro will have the advantage. When recballing, most players straight up suck. Snap shoot, play tight move around (throws off noobs because they don't tend to move much and lose track of people easily), bunker some folks if you can make it through the torrents of paint and aim. Sounds silly to aim, but most folks with electros don't.

Cockers don't sling a lot of paint, but they sling enough. You'll be firing about 1/2 to 1/3 as fast as someone ramping so you'll be reloading way less. Put the balls where there head is about to be and wait for the splat. Lots of bad players chicken wing pretty bad or leave that hopper sticking out. Once get back in practice, you'll be able to capitalize on this.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:09 PM #9
blackinches
blackinches!

yeah it just sounds like you're rusty. skill is the great equalizer.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:14 PM #10
SilEntOldsOuL
Wha..the...f...

i agree man, just knock the rust off and you'll be fine. i sling at best 10bps and i one ball all day. saves me money on paint and proves to the 20+ crowd that you don't need ropes to mow faces.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:42 PM #11
k.macocker
customcockers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackinches View Post
yeah it just sounds like you're rusty. skill is the great equalizer.
agreed,
you may have been a little awstruck by the ROF. Get of that, it does not mean a thing. Most can't hit a barn, but can empty their hopper in 10 seconds..
good luck and play back until you get the feel again.
Kmac
Old 04-02-2007, 04:52 PM #12
Triggerwalkin

you can buy a thing called a cam adjuster for the wgp hinges. it takes place of your safety, basically what it dose is limit the pull of the trigger by the sear hitting up against it. its got seven trigger length positions, man i want 1.
com/showthread.php?p=36032443#post36032443[/url]
Old 04-02-2007, 06:14 PM #13
Ripple310

how fast can u get it if u get one of those?

WTB rare autococker parts!!! [url]http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?p=30888930#post30888930[/url

high end mechs for my upped tippy http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2090143
Old 04-02-2007, 06:20 PM #14
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

probably not a whole lot faster. its basically a trigger stop if i understand it correctly...
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

"Originally posted by drunkkoala: does that make sense to you? u ****ing idiot."
Old 04-02-2007, 06:35 PM #15
nerdysmurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triggerwalkin View Post
you can buy a thing called a cam adjuster for the wgp hinges. it takes place of your safety, basically what it dose is limit the pull of the trigger by the sear hitting up against it. its got seven trigger length positions, man i want 1.
You don't need those, they just make things a little easier. WGP hinges already have a trigger stop. Take the grips off and look for a screw hole facing up towards the sear.
I tell you what, once you get your trigger pull about half the stock distance, and you time it just right you can mow faces.

Check out cockertech.com if you need any info on making your gun better. Oh, and skill, that's good too. Just play a few more times and you'll be just as good or better than them.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:41 PM #16
wolf13
freelancer

wolf13 is a Supporting Member
wolf13 is a founding member
if you allow yourself to feel intimidated, you are intimidated. if you think you are outgunned, you are outgunned. seriously, keep your calm, and don't let the amount of paint flying at you become the deciding factor. if you can outplay them, then you can win, the problem is, keeping the state of mind required. Mostly, you just have to get out there and play with the mindset you are a match for anyone. once you start thinking your outgunned, then you loose focus and don't play well.

Discussion and photos on anything autococking from sniper 1 to MQ:
www.CustomCockers.com
Old 04-02-2007, 07:56 PM #17
SilEntOldsOuL
Wha..the...f...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf13 View Post
if you allow yourself to feel intimidated, you are intimidated. if you think you are outgunned, you are outgunned. seriously, keep your calm, and don't let the amount of paint flying at you become the deciding factor. if you can outplay them, then you can win, the problem is, keeping the state of mind required. Mostly, you just have to get out there and play with the mindset you are a match for anyone. once you start thinking your outgunned, then you loose focus and don't play well.
amen, not to be riding this gentlemans coat tails but what he says is very true.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:38 PM #18
Triggerwalkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdysmurf View Post
You don't need those, they just make things a little easier. WGP hinges already have a trigger stop. Take the grips off and look for a screw hole facing up towards the sear.
I tell you what, once you get your trigger pull about half the stock distance, and you time it just right you can mow faces.

Check out cockertech.com if you need any info on making your gun better. Oh, and skill, that's good too. Just play a few more times and you'll be just as good or better than them.
THANK YOU!!!!!!!
i never knew about that once i get that in sync with my hollow point ill really be able to rip. the pulls shorter than a spyder electro hehe
com/showthread.php?p=36032443#post36032443[/url]
Old 04-02-2007, 10:36 PM #19
loneassassin
A Grim and...

Does your cocker have a short activating and smooth 3-way like a Belsales Hollowpoint or Shocktech Bomb? If not, those upgrades will allow you to not only time your cocker shorter and shorten your trigger pull, but they will also allow you to lighten your trigger pull. ( For me, having a light trigger pull is more important than having a really short pull, though my mech cockers trigger pull is about the same length as my E2'd one...)

Once you have a nice 3-way, time the gun very close, and then take out the excess trigger pull with the trigger stop inside the frame - or install a trigger stop yourself if your frame doesn't have one. Next, remove your trigger return spring. You don't need this with the high-end 3-ways, because they are so smooth, the sear spring is strong enough to return the trigger. (I even went with a lighter sear spring). This will drastically lighten your trigger pull - but we're not done yet.

The next mod/adjustment may take more time and trial and error. To obtain the lightest possible trigger pull on a mech. cocker, you need to reduce the force in which the hammer is pressing on the sear before you release it by pulling the trigger. To do that, you need a light hammer spring, and you need to have the IVG backed out most of the way as well. If you do that, the sear will drop and release the hammer a lot easier! The trial and error part comes when you chronoe the gun, because you'll need to readjust the regulator to get your gun up to 300fps. If no amount of adjustment on the regulator will get you up to 300, you'll need to try a lighter valve spring. On my 03 vert cocker, I use the Maddmann spring kit with the lightest hammer spring, and the lightest valve spring. The gun chronoes at a very consistant 295fps at 375psi., and the IVG is backed out to within 1/2 inch of all the way out - resulting in a trigger pull that feels like an electro.

Without walking an electronic gun, just one fingering it (and no bounce, mechanical or electronic), I can pull 10bps. I can do the same on my mech cocker. Somebody may be able to pull faster, but that's still fast enough even in today's game. Good luck with the gun adjustments.

You'll still not have quite the firepower of an electro, but you shouldn't feel like you can't compete. Like other people said, you may just be rusty. Remember, it's no harder to pop out into a stream of 15bps while holding a slow mech gun than it is holding a ramping electro. Either way, that paint is coming at you, and if it's accurate, you need to stay in or come out somewhere else. When playing with a slower gun, choose your battles wisely. If you're playing against someone who is putting every ball just inches to the left of your bunker - you'd better wait till they stop shooting to come out. If they're hitting your bunker half the time, you can get away with random snapping from different parts of you bunker - and if you can gain domination, you should be able to hold them there with a mech cocker or even a Tippmann. Good luck and stay with it!

My halfblocked Trilogy pump:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...6/P3250486.jpg

Last edited by loneassassin : 04-02-2007 at 10:39 PM.