PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-30-2007, 09:50 PM #64
Don Pablo

"fight Gone Bad"

I just watced the move and I wish you Pat would have put the day I made the team do the deadly "Fight Gone Bad" training session and Nicki puked all over himself at the modesto Golds gym. That had to be the funniest stuff I have ever seen. He wasnt the only one to beg for their lives. The whole team payed the price!!!
I really tried to kill them each day I trianed and they kept comming back for more. These guys have mad heart and are warriors!!!!!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-30-2007, 11:01 PM #65
MonkeyWithaGun
respect the badge

MonkeyWithaGun is a Supporting Member
MonkeyWithaGun supports Cereal Killerz 2
MonkeyWithaGun donated to help Peyton Trent
MonkeyWithaGun is a videographer
Quote:
I think Patrick is the Dana Brown of Paintball.
His father is my hero! and so is Grant Rohloff (RIP.).

-patrick

"Would you accuse me of causing a riot if I was quiet. Would you?"
Old 03-30-2007, 11:33 PM #66
Don Pablo

Hey Patrick

I'm really sorry I missed the premire of the movie. I was looking forward to being there but I had two guys fighting in a mma fight the same night. I wish I would have went because Rich told me how great it was. I thought you did a great job on the movie and I have watched it about 3 times already. Take care and hope to see you soon.

-Paul Mendoza
XSV Conditioning Trainer
Old 03-31-2007, 01:15 AM #67
drl33t

i thought it was a great movie, im kinda a noob but i was able to learn a lot and it was bad ***. lol
Old 03-31-2007, 01:29 AM #68
Eclipse7x

Eclipse7x is a Paintball photographer
loved the movie, jw are there any little easter eggs in the dvd?
Old 03-31-2007, 01:52 AM #69
Johnny5072
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Johnny5072 is a Supporting Member
Johnny5072 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Johnny5072 donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Pablo View Post
I'm really sorry I missed the premire of the movie. I was looking forward to being there but I had two guys fighting in a mma fight the same night. I wish I would have went because Rich told me how great it was. I thought you did a great job on the movie and I have watched it about 3 times already. Take care and hope to see you soon.

-Paul Mendoza
XSV Conditioning Trainer
Hey Paul do you train guys down at the MMA gym at 7080 Hollywood?
Old 03-31-2007, 02:01 AM #70
Don Pablo

No, rich would have the guys come down for "Hell week" as he would call it in Modesto where we live and we would train at my training Martial arts center,golds gym and the track by our house. They would stay for a week and train and after they would go to practice. I would even put the in a boxing ring and they would fight eachother.

Last edited by Don Pablo : 03-31-2007 at 02:03 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-31-2007, 02:27 AM #71
MonkeyWithaGun
respect the badge

Thanks Paul... You are the man.

-patrick

Old 03-31-2007, 04:06 AM #72
Blazestorm2
I like me

Getting closer to the end of the commentary

"I just got poked in the eye ya *****"

>_<

Rich is a goober
Old 03-31-2007, 09:18 AM #73
pvllpbshooter

has been a member for 10 years
pvllpbshooter owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by pronking View Post
I miss 720 and traumahead videos with play by play and stuff.
PK
traumahead still makes movies...the guys who own it live 20 minutes from me. They drop off all their vids at my local store which i am sponsored by so if you ever want one let me know. They covered every event last year and their commanders cup one is nice

Paintball aint what it used to be

0Gr3 V2.0 Beta tested
Old 03-31-2007, 12:06 PM #74
globalsmack

First let me say that it was good. However, I don't feel it has much replay value. I watched CKs at least 50 times. I can't honestly say that i will watch HFTD again.

Thanks for the effort and keep pumping out the DVDs. Any thoughts on a doing one in a HD format yet?
Old 03-31-2007, 04:33 PM #75
DarkDsnake

so far the best vid

XSV

bjammin210- interwebs are serious business....we don't mess around on the www
Old 03-31-2007, 04:47 PM #76
Chao Playaz

I just saw online that my copy got delivered to my apartment. Only problem is I'm spending the weekend at my parent's house in Tampa. I just told them I have to go back to Orlando to watch a movie, I'm about to walk out the door now. Can't wait
Old 03-31-2007, 05:14 PM #77
NaftySquared
Blind Aggression

Annual Supporting Member
NaftySquared plays in the PSP
NaftySquared is an NCPA player
2nd event of PSP were playing some new team der... how do you pronounce that? Dernesty from Mexico or Canada or some ****, were looking to roll right through these guys.
Old 03-31-2007, 05:59 PM #78
BB_Media
www.hookahTREND.com

BB_Media plays in the PSP
BB_Media supports Team VICIOUS
great movie just one question

why is greg sleeping with his pants unzipped and his hands in his crotch?
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Old 03-31-2007, 06:06 PM #79
wrhsports

i thought it was great and my gf who doesnt even play liked it too. The emotions were awesome. I also like watching some of the games with telford on mic and not having any music. Can't wait for the next installment from MWAG
Old 03-31-2007, 07:27 PM #80
Hex
HeXSV

This dvd is ****ing amazing.
It is not some "lets take all of the coolest looking shots and make the team look good" crap.
ANYONE who is putting together a team should be made to watch it day one.
The pacing is great, and you can not help but be caught on the emotional roller coaster with the lows and highs with everyone.
The music is actually pretty good , and instead of taking away from what you are watching it helps which is rare in alot of paintball films and I find myself looking on all of the usual sources for some of the music to grab.
All and all get this dvd.
This IS paintball, this is what it is all about.
And we will send you to whatever God you wish.

__
Hexed '06 Ego Green w. Black parts.
__
Old 04-01-2007, 01:30 AM #81
MonkeyWithaGun
respect the badge

Thanks for all the kind words guys... every one at MWAG takes that stuff to heart. Thank you.

-patrick

Old 04-01-2007, 06:08 AM #82
Blazestorm2
I like me

********* SPOILERS... Sorta... ************

Introduction
You’re supposed to turn off all electronic equipment before takeoff… duh…

I wish the stock footage was yours, still very cool w/ good music and simple titles… my only complain is the cuts seemed a little harsh with the clouds, it’s serene, maybe cross-fades… just little stuff..

Bittburg
Blower starting up was perfect, and the other shots, really gave the feeling of cold as hell (that makes sense)… Micah.. 40* isn’t that cold… haha Maybe he said 20*… sounded like 40…

Once it gets to paintball, I can’t say anything other than switching between the Super-8 and normal Film was something to get used to, and bringing up the conflict seemed too early... the song was just starting. But again I understand this was early on, and you see them getting shot, which makes sense timeline wise, it just seemed abrupt to me. Seeing them talk about Nicky was good, people don’t see this stuff on the internet or videos… Matty always has good stuff to say.

Alex Fraige’s footage, I don’t know if you told him to film like that or not but it worked, I especially liked the shot where he walks around matty and goes behind him… that was cool… and seeing Neil w/o a gun could have had some explanation… maybe a silly remark by Rich “Neil so good he don’t need a gun”

Title
was a cool idea, I’m still trying to figure out how you exactly did it, I understand how long you’d have to be filming but getting each letter how you wanted was something beyond what I could do. Introduction was good… nothing to say about it, good variety of Super8/Regular with different shots of them … not playing…

Germany Meeting
Long… but worth listening to, nothing film-wise I can say

Orlando (Where’s LA  )

I like filming behind the netting watching behind Rich and Thomas, and no music… Seeing the frustration in everyone, especially Thomas and Davey… showing the first match w/o music showed the bad start of the tournament better than anything. Re-using footage from Cereal Killers was something I didn’t like as much, but they were good shots obviously, I’ve just seen them a lot before. Some of the shots like Davey and Ollie bonusing him, didn’t show Ollie shooting Vegas… in this it did.

Suddle transitions of shots going from the first match, to them in the losers bracket coming back fighting all these different teams was cool, it’s cool because you don’t think about it. Can’t say anything bad about the camera work Course you got like a $10,000 tripod.

Ending was good, forgot the term for it, but letting the audio play w/ different clips before getting to the actual interview was good, saw my old buddies CDR in the background w/ Matty talking… I didn’t quite understand the bag thing, I know It started and ended with it, but I think I missed the metaphor or the bigger point/picture… heh

Chicago

Roffles. I love Micah’s… “GO go go… go… go…. Ugh…” and the rest of the guys talking is funny… and explanation behind the reffing… then going into the conflict w/ Vegas was suddle… which I love.

Not sure what was with the interview of Thomas, it looked very slightly out of focus or something, not sure if it was intentional… but just looked a little off.

France

To start out with someone taking their stuff off, pretty much immediately says something is wrong, and you just begin to realize something is wrong when Nicky is packing his stuff up and everyone is putting their gear on, and you finally realize it when he’s dumpin his paint into the box.

Davey likes pickin at his twigs…

I’m not sure if you’re mixing 60i and 24p (film) and interlaced… but it looks funny at times, maybe I’m just crazy but converting the 60i to 30p would have looked better.

When they’re chilling I liked the cuts when people walk by, simple + clean. Lyrics “We got some real issues here” and Neil + Davey arguing… simple + perfect… what you’re good at…

And the final scene w/ Micah and the pods… a lot of ways to interpret that… just trying to leave it all behind…

Vegas

Little pessimistic explaining the place, but funny. But it explains the entire story behind what happened with Nicky that nobody really knew about. Music came in perfect. One thing was maybe a shot of Nicky actually leaving the place.

The jump from 04 to 05 was a little short, with just Nicky’s rage and some narrative… but it worked…. That one incident pretty much summed up their feelings for that year.

Trainer

Nothing much to explain, showed they were taking it more seriously and stuff with Pat was funny… I never saw him actually play w/ XSV though which was weird. I think more footage of the other guys going through “Hell week” would have fit better than stuff w/ Pat… You only see him here in this section.

Mexican Meeting

Nothing technical, I didn’t know Arizona made watermelon tea (Rich was drinking it ) I want some. It told the story and internal conflicts. This happens all the time in D3 and D2 teams I’ve been apart of, and never realized it was as common at the Pro level. Seeing Mapp was funny I don’t know exactly why… he makes good chicken (random fact).

The Drive + Practice
A slight description, maybe a Matty poem would have been good to explain it because I only found out this was a 7 hr drive from listening to the commentary, cool shots w/ Nicky driving and I liked how all the paintball stuff was Super-8… and not shot Fresheggs style just flowed well and showed the **** they went through for practice… they didn’t get fancy turf indoors or even a fullsize x-ball fields… I know the dogs practiced the entire 04 season on an Ultimate Air field they won at that 3man series out east (forgot the name)

LA Open

This stuff definitely looked interlaced to me for some reason, didn’t look like the normal film stuff. Making it 30p would have atleast given the progressive effect more than anything.

It could have been the lowest shutter speed, I honestly don’t know exactly it just had a different feel to it. Clean slow-motion, it looked filmish when it wasn’t raining out… haha… that’s what made me think you switched cameras.

Cuba w/ the bad taste in his mouth was another thing that stood out, I don’t get why he would rub muddy stuff against his mouth to get the muddy taste out… lol…

On the Hill

Never heard the story behind this, you never see any of these stories told… you just see “Matty and Micah are now on the semi-pro team and running this” Uh… why? We don’t know!

Well shot, again nothing much to say technically,

Matty’s speech was beyond anything anyone could ever think up on a spot, ****in insane.

HB

Seeing the crowd of people and the one thing that catches your eye was the Dragon Good music, matching the lyrics with what’s happening… XSV having some good Prelim/Quarter games… Corey Fields getting shot in the nads.. haha…

Nothing bad to say about the lyrics, perfect transistion between Telfords Mic + game footage and the song.

“No that’s not a 1 for 1” Rich GAVE the refs that idea… haha.

I like the film feel and Telford’s mic, lil squeaky “Left *stuBBEEEy* - After he’s yelling “Our end of the snake” the audio gets a little of sync, you can hear his gun shooting and it’s off by maybe .5 sec on the film. “The thing with all the things!”

2nd game… Thomas going all the way… the look in his eyes… seeing him just sit there in disbelief… I’ve had the same ****ing moments where in finals you don’t want to get shot

3rd game… nothing much to say, was flawless w/ the ceremony…

Germany Revisisted

… seeing Thomas cheesin in the window was probably the best way to start it haha… overly happy made it funny as hell… lots of Thomas playing too. Drastic change from the last Germany “No way I’m clean?” haha… he actually sounded surprised. You saw no conflicts, nothing “bad” happened… Hasting + Sheets = Funny.

Amsterdam

Felt weird having 2 back-to-back Europe events.. One thing I noticed was cool early on is the shot on the highway w/ the directions sheet, the white lines in the middle of the road curve into the windshield… I notice all these small things

I can already tell it’s fraige filming again… haha… and all the guys wearin different jerseys… I know nicky had to because he gave his away at HB but JR was wearing Daveys..

Whole section has a good feeling to it, XSV giving extra love to everyone they can but it ends pretty fast w/ Tontons I liked how the game was slow motion but telford’s mic wasn’t… cause you heard the shots before you saw them on Rich.

Maybe give Fraige a tripod for this section, it seemed a bit stabler.

Paris
Intro was sick, I think the commentary made it seem like you actually shot that, and it wasn’t stock stuff… again, nothing “bad” happens and you see them winning, without any real commentary or anything… Rich being silly like always… Like this section a lot, not my favorite song but not bad.

Denver
You see troll get destroyed early on, but **** changes fast. Looks like they got some decent paint… Ultra evil Davey being… Davey “we all sound flat as **** right now” … good footage… and a better feeling with a bit of “conflict” at the end of prelims. Rich’s using a cheater gun -_-

Semis/Finals I can’t say much just good game footage w/ Rich’s talking… having the music fade in slowly, was pretty good… wasn’t overly dramatic, but definitely got across the feeling of finally winning a US Event against the team they have been fighting against since their creation.

I just wish it showed atleast the X-ball event… it wouldn’t have been much longer (5-8 minutes?) but more than just the celerbration afterwards.

I probably missed a lot and am just rambling on at this point, but maybe you could take some of the ideas thrown in there… or maybe you’re 100% content with what was done, I’m never 100% satisified w/ my work so far.

Still an amazing film, it tells the stories that nobody has heard, and does a damn good job of it.

There's my "essay"... hah... Have fun reading that
Old 04-01-2007, 06:10 AM #83
Blazestorm2
I like me

Wow. That was the 10,000 character limit, I wasn't even trying to get that either... I tried to add more and it gave me an error... hah.

As you can tell, I pay attention to every ****ing thing... I've already watched the entire thing 3 times through... >_< but now it's 3:00am (literally spent the last 2+ hours pausing/analyzing and rewinding certain spots and typing this up)

Last edited by Blazestorm2 : 04-01-2007 at 06:13 AM.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:57 AM #84
OllieLangowns

I had extremely high expectations because of how much I loved Cereal Killerz. I watched that movie over 50 times and seperate parts 100's of times. At first I was a little brought back at the slow pace kinda setting the stage for the team. And it felt at that time that those scenes could have been trimmed down. However About half way through when they start winning the Europe events and the turning point at the Modesto practice I was flat out amazed. Pat got so many incredible angles and Emotional shots that it was hard to even blink. It was amazing to see how hard it is too lose to the same team over and over. To tell you truth before H4AD i was not at all an XSV fan but I can only help but love every single player that made up their roster at that time. Most paintball movies are good 1 maybe 2 or 3 times. This isn't just a good paintball movie, its a flatout good film that really truthfully Captures the pro players struggle. Thank you pat for making this film and I cant wait for CK 2

-Mike