Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-30-2007, 02:18 PM #1
Furious_J
bockbock velcrowrapper

Are the blind screwed?

In another thread a question was asked of Atheist
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwac View Post
Is there anythings that would convert you to not be an atheist?
This was an answer given and during my time as an atheist it would have been my answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwac View Post
For me, if i saw god and had actual physical proof of heaven and "gods plans"(What ever that is).
Now this got me thinking why do some people think God must perform a " Dog & Pony " show so to speak, and why must people always 'see' things to believe in them. Blind people cant see but yet they belive in the sidewalk under their feet.
Discuss
CK I kneel for Jesus
RL#594

Please support the March of Dimes!
http://www.marchforbabies.org/s_team_page.asp?seid=620728
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-30-2007, 03:02 PM #2
The Crusader
Blowin' minds since 1989

They believe it because they feel it. /thread
Old 03-30-2007, 03:06 PM #3
pheasantballer

that is what having faith is, it is believing in God, if you are a Christian you can relize when God has done something for you or for someone esle. even some people who arent Christians can, for instance. paintball is kinda my second thing, i am a sponsored skateboarder and that is what i do. once, when i was at the skatepark, there is a retired pro skater named ray, he says **** every other word, and smokes pot and stuff, but he was REALLY low on money, and he was about to be kicked out of his house, but the day before he was gonna be kicked out, a package came in the mail, in it was a 20 $100 bills. the package had nothing written on it, and no return adress. if that isnt God then i dont know what is. but back to my first point, you dont dust believe God is real, Ray did and he is not a Christian. but you have to have FAITH in God. and ask Jesun to save you from your sins, cus without him, you would burn in hell forever. but he takes the punishment of you sin and puts it on himself.

Think Your good at speedball? Try it with a stock 98.

Thomas Taylor fanclub member #402

XSV fanclub member #1477

Last edited by gremlin75 : 04-01-2007 at 09:54 AM.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:08 PM #4
Hey wouldja (Banned)
Not again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheasantballer View Post
that is what having faith is, it is believing in God, if you are a Christian you can relize when God has done something for you or for someone esle. even some people who arent Christians can, for instance. paintball is kinda my second thing, i am a sponsored skateboarder and that is what i do. once, when i was at the skatepark, there is a retired pro skater named ray, he says f**k every other word, and smokes pot and stuff, but he was REALLY low on money, and he was about to be kicked out of his house, but the day before he was gonna be kicked out, a package came in the mail, in it was a 20 $100 bills. the package had nothing written on it, and no return adress. if that isnt God then i dont know what is. but back to my first point, you dont dust believe God is real, Ray did and he is not a Christian. but you have to have FAITH in God. and ask Jesun to save you from your sins, cus without him, you would burn in hell forever. but he takes the punishment of you sin and puts it on himself.

So if I become a failure and smoke a lot of pot and get threatened to get kicked out of my house I will receive a large quantity of money from "god?"
Old 03-30-2007, 03:25 PM #5
Evilwombat
Damn noob 2k8er's

If a blind man doesn't believe in the sidewalk, he will probably fall flat on his face. If I don't believe in god, I am told by people who have no relation to me that I will go to some terrible place after I die. I think I'll take my chances.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:30 PM #6
DaytonLax14
Corey Stevens

DaytonLax14 donated to help Peyton Trent
DaytonLax14 helped look for balloons
it's not if they see god or not. It's if they feel him in their hearts. A.k.a faith. Once they get to heaven, they will not be blind.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:35 PM #7
chodeyg
sprezzatura

Quote:
that is what having faith is, it is believing in God, if you are a Christian you can relize when God has done something for you or for someone esle. even some people who arent Christians can, for instance. paintball is kinda my second thing, i am a sponsored skateboarder and that is what i do. once, when i was at the skatepark, there is a retired pro skater named ray, he says f**k every other word, and smokes pot and stuff, but he was REALLY low on money, and he was about to be kicked out of his house, but the day before he was gonna be kicked out, a package came in the mail, in it was a 20 $100 bills. the package had nothing written on it, and no return adress. if that isnt God then i dont know what is. but back to my first point, you dont dust believe God is real, Ray did and he is not a Christian. but you have to have FAITH in God. and ask Jesun to save you from your sins, cus without him, you would burn in hell forever. but he takes the punishment of you sin and puts it on himself.

Mkay then...how about the time when I was in Paris ages ago, back when I still went to sunday school and all that, that I SERIOULSY prayed and begged God to make my parents stop fighting because they were ruining the trip for each other and...nothing happened? They kept on fighting made the trip miserable for a large portion of the time.

I have prayed for many things in my life. I mean SERIOUSLY prayed. I thought I felt God...but then when I looked back on it, I realized how one sided this relationship was. In moments of hope when you desperately desire guidance, your mind can easily let off some of that stress by assuming something else is in control.

So lets talk about who is REALLY screwed, then. What about people raised in scientific backgrounds? People who ask for solid proof. There is no solid proof in God whatsoever. They're ****ed FOREVER for the way that they were raised.

Kind of ironic how no one religion has universal appeal. You'd think that if the Christian God was real, it would be very easy for people of different cultures to accept it. It seems like a LOT of people are screwed because of the culture they were brought up in, doesn't it? Doesn't seem like a very just God anymore who puts the rest of your existence in your sinful, ignorant hands...
Old 03-31-2007, 11:34 AM #8
mynameisjonathon
This is the new sound..

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious_J View Post
In another thread a question was asked of Atheist
This was an answer given and during my time as an atheist it would have been my answer:

Now this got me thinking why do some people think God must perform a " Dog & Pony " show so to speak, and why must people always 'see' things to believe in them. Blind people cant see but yet they belive in the sidewalk under their feet.
Discuss
They ask for soild proof by nature, because thats what they demand from everything. Much like how "faith" is what you beleive in. Is it really that hard to understand?

If your blind you can still feel the sidewalk under your feet. Let's take the equation to a differnt perspective. I'm spirtuiatly blind by your thoughts I suppose. I don't feel the god in my heart, and please don't say you have to open up and truly want god in your life!!! Reguardless of if the blind man wants to feel the sidewalk, he does.
From a great height
From a great height... height...
Rain down, rain down

http://www.bestpanamacitybeachcondo.com
Old 03-31-2007, 05:15 PM #9
Comfortably_Numb (Banned)

people want to see this God and his heavenly forces WHY?

because none of them were around t see all this stuff everyone else "saw" during the times of jesus...
Old 03-31-2007, 09:40 PM #10
alex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by chodeyg View Post
Mkay then...how about the time when I was in Paris ages ago, back when I still went to sunday school and all that, that I SERIOULSY prayed and begged God to make my parents stop fighting because they were ruining the trip for each other and...nothing happened? They kept on fighting made the trip miserable for a large portion of the time.
That happened to me too. Before I was an atheist I would pray over and over again about all kinds of things, but I would still get ****ed over.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:30 PM #11
JBurgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameisjonathon View Post
They ask for soild proof by nature, because thats what they demand from everything. Much like how "faith" is what you beleive in. Is it really that hard to understand?

If your blind you can still feel the sidewalk under your feet. Let's take the equation to a differnt perspective. I'm spirtuiatly blind by your thoughts I suppose. I don't feel the god in my heart, and please don't say you have to open up and truly want god in your life!!! Reguardless of if the blind man wants to feel the sidewalk, he does.
lawl 2006 youth rally in ocean city md.. its basically a whole bunch of ppl going up on stage and giving intense speaches and intense acts so after watching one they gave us time to pray so i prayed while i was in tears that god would help me strengthen our relationship because i was kinda on the fence with christianity at the time. if god does exist he completely dicked me over lol

and also for me its not that i need to see god himself being as he is most likely not a human its just i want more evidence then the bible... for instance if a burning bush started talking to me and i wasnt tripping at all i mite believe

also now that i think about it obvi god isnt like a human so what is he just air or like a rabbit or what
Old 04-03-2007, 06:09 AM #12
ke0dakilla
-LH- BDWC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crusader View Post
qft
Old 04-03-2007, 07:40 AM #13
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crusader View Post
Honestly lol, end of thread. The analogy has absolutely no validity. God can't be seen, heard, smelled, or felt. A blind person can obviously feel the sidewalk, hear birds, and smell food. Big difference.
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
Old 04-03-2007, 07:55 AM #14
Crippled Dogma

Quote:
that is what having faith is, it is believing in God, if you are a Christian you can relize when God has done something for you or for someone esle. even some people who arent Christians can, for instance. paintball is kinda my second thing, i am a sponsored skateboarder and that is what i do. once, when i was at the skatepark, there is a retired pro skater named ray, he says **** every other word, and smokes pot and stuff, but he was REALLY low on money, and he was about to be kicked out of his house, but the day before he was gonna be kicked out, a package came in the mail, in it was a 20 $100 bills. the package had nothing written on it, and no return adress. if that isnt God then i dont know what is. but back to my first point, you dont dust believe God is real, Ray did and he is not a Christian. but you have to have FAITH in God. and ask Jesun to save you from your sins, cus without him, you would burn in hell forever. but he takes the punishment of you sin and puts it on himself.
So god sent the money or maybe just some caring individual?

This post is absolutely amazing for the leap of imagination you make. Maybe he is friends with Tony Hawk. Or any other nice guy. To think a supreme being had anything to do with that is ignorant.

Besisdes, most believers should think God would have nothing to do with the damn sinner. He sinned, he should have died in some hurricane or tragic auto accident. That way he would pay for his sins. That's what Robertson would say.

Really, if he got the boot and had a really bad time and the like, wouldn't that be along the christian thought lines. That way if he believed later, he would be a true believer. God doesn't intervene, it's up to us to decide I thought.

Or is it that christians like to invoke God when they see something good happen. When the crap hits the fan, it's just life and we are to see beyond into God's plan, blah, blah, blah. What a double standard.

Believe in God if you must, but don't ascribe things to him that are in no way his doing.

Raider Ball! Raider Ball! Raider Ball!
Old 04-03-2007, 07:59 AM #15
Crippled Dogma

To answer the thread question, if God exists there would be proof. Period.

To anyone who critically thinks about the issue, there must be concrete evidence of his existence. It's not a dog and pony show. That is trying to blur the issue. It is just simple proof.

Don't try to make proof sound like such a horrible thing. That's how most believers look at things and it really is sad.

Raider Ball! Raider Ball! Raider Ball!
Old 04-03-2007, 11:47 AM #16
Furious_J
bockbock velcrowrapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crippled Dogma View Post
So god sent the money or maybe just some caring individual?

This post is absolutely amazing for the leap of imagination you make. Maybe he is friends with Tony Hawk. Or any other nice guy. To think a supreme being had anything to do with that is ignorant.
Why is this ignorant? How do you KNOW... you dont the point of this thread was to see if anyone that didn't belive was even willing to do so.

Quote:
Besisdes, most believers should think God would have nothing to do with the damn sinner. He sinned, he should have died in some hurricane or tragic auto accident. That way he would pay for his sins. That's what Robertson would say.
God has everything to do with us " Damn sinners", and that's why Jesus died to pay what you and I couldn't.

Quote:
Or is it that christians like to invoke God when they see something good happen. When the crap hits the fan, it's just life and we are to see beyond into God's plan, blah, blah, blah. What a double standard.
There no double standard for most as they realize that Gods ways are not ours. I dont claim to understand all that happens around me on a daily basis, I take the good with the bad. Often people that can not take responsibility for their actions blame someone else.

[quote=Crippled Dogma;33764311]Believe in God if you must, but don't ascribe things to him that are in no way his doing.[/QUOTE
Yeah, your right once again....
CK I kneel for Jesus
RL#594

Please support the March of Dimes!
http://www.marchforbabies.org/s_team_page.asp?seid=620728
Old 04-03-2007, 05:01 PM #17
Tippmann playa
Workin' dat insulin spike

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex06 View Post
That happened to me too. Before I was an atheist I would pray over and over again about all kinds of things, but I would still get ****ed over.
You are not going to get everything, life isnt perfect. Just because you want a new 100,000$ car, a brand new house, and a smokin' hot girlfriend, does not mean you are going to get it.

"Originally posted by pillowpants: i dont know how to decipher this chart, then again, i do go to a community college."
"Originally posted by Mr.AmaZiN: did you just use an apostrophe for want?"
"Originally posted by pb123456789: Or call her a **** and proceed to textrape her."
"Originally posted by dualimpact: They haven't walked in on me but they know, I'm a screamer."

Last edited by Tippmann playa : 04-03-2007 at 05:06 PM.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:03 PM #18
Tippmann playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbeak2099 View Post
Honestly lol, end of thread. The analogy has absolutely no validity. God can't be seen, heard, smelled, or felt. A blind person can obviously feel the sidewalk, hear birds, and smell food. Big difference.
I beg to differ

"Originally posted by pillowpants: i dont know how to decipher this chart, then again, i do go to a community college."
"Originally posted by pb123456789: Or call her a **** and proceed to textrape her."
"Originally posted by dualimpact: They haven't walked in on me but they know, I'm a screamer."
Old 04-03-2007, 05:04 PM #19
9a0k7 (Banned)
hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippmann playa View Post
You are not going to get everything, life isnt perfect. Just because you want a new 100,000$ car, a brand new house, and a smoking hot girlfriend, does not mean you are going to get it.
any girl that smokes is not hot.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:07 PM #20
Tippmann playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9a0k7 View Post
any girl that smokes is not hot.
Thats not what I said

Old 04-03-2007, 05:08 PM #21
9a0k7 (Banned)
hate.

"Smoking hot girlfriend"