Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-21-2007, 01:10 PM #22
GooG
Formally KnownAs MiniGooG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Rules View Post
GooG just shoot the pictures but also talk with the people. Most ballers would love to get attention with the camera...But nosey is a big influence on these boards and a great photographer. Like Jeremy said "Watch who's feet you step on"

Never said he wasnt a great photographer, but thats still no reason to be a dick, and i still dont care if i step on his feet because he stepped on mine first.

I think im gonna go talk to some of my old buddies.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-21-2007, 01:12 PM #23
tonybhall
Mag Daddy

tonybhall is a Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
tonybhall supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drex17 View Post
Wrong

I recall there was a case in NYC where a guy came across a candid of himself on display and for sale and decided to sue. In the end it was ruled that since the photograph was taken in a public plance and was not used for commercial promotion than the photographer was in the right.

actually the laws can get pretty complicated and there are several factors to consider such as where the photograph was taken, public or private property, if the person in the photo is considered a person of public interest or a public official. If anything in the photo is trade marked like a sports team's logo or jersey. And then there's the final use of the photo to consider. Will it be used for some media purpose like news papers or magazines or will it be used for promotional or merchandising. It's all very conveluted and depending on which states laws and what judge hears the case, you could probably get a dozen different rulings on the same issue.

I'm not saying that stupidity should be punishable by death. But I do think we should remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:03 PM #24
robfromabove
...taking over the world

GooG, I would also get a decent flash as well - most people don't think of using a flash durning the day, but if you'd be surprised how much a little fill flash improves sunlit photography (especially during high noon when most people play)
Old 03-21-2007, 04:03 PM #25
GooG

Quote:
Originally Posted by robfromabove View Post
GooG, I would also get a decent flash as well - most people don't think of using a flash durning the day, but if you'd be surprised how much a little fill flash improves sunlit photography (especially during high noon when most people play)
thanks, might be what i purchase first.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:09 PM #26
the_lane
Lurking Since '04

This thread reminds me of a few strips of WTD:

EDIT:they dont seem to be working for me, so here are some links:http://web.mac.com/aaronandpatty/iWe...F8FE52D83.html
http://web.mac.com/aaronandpatty/iWe...0243806F2.html
http://web.mac.com/aaronandpatty/iWe...74B7EEFB3.html

Last edited by the_lane : 03-21-2007 at 06:12 PM.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:47 AM #27
thebigx
Blue Letter Society

thebigx is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drex17 View Post
Wrong

I recall there was a case in NYC where a guy came across a candid of himself on display and for sale and decided to sue. In the end it was ruled that since the photograph was taken in a public plance and was not used for commercial promotion than the photographer was in the right.
i stand correct, regarding profit gain in NYC. but publishing material falls under commercial promotion. i guess i should've been more clear on that.

for me, if i plan on taking a picture of someone with the idea and intent to sell the image, i ALWAYS have a consent/release form. it saves me the hassle of dealing with lawyer fees and court time and possible lawsuits! better to be safe than sorry.

Last edited by thebigx : 03-22-2007 at 07:50 AM.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:55 AM #28
GooG

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigx View Post
i stand correct, regarding profit gain in NYC. but publishing material falls under commercial promotion. i guess i should've been more clear on that.

for me, if i plan on taking a picture of someone with the idea and intent to sell the image, i ALWAYS have a consent/release form. it saves me the hassle of dealing with lawyer fees and court time and possible lawsuits! better to be safe than sorry.
your damn right about that i was thinking maybe taking pictures and hooking them up with a couple of them for free for there myspace or something.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:04 AM #29
thebigx
Blue Letter Society

thebigx is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GooG View Post
your damn right about that i was thinking maybe taking pictures and hooking them up with a couple of them for free for there myspace or something.
no harm in that, but "hooking them up" with free pictures doesn't save you in court if they do decide to sue you (of course i'm talking on a larger scale)! but yeah, most of the pb'ers in this area would be more than happy with a couple pictures of them playing ball in exchange for permission to take photos during practice/game time.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:06 AM #30
GooG

O yea, i was gonna ask them first. But my only concern is paintballs + camera = not good?
Old 03-22-2007, 12:35 PM #31
jeremy_maillet

jeremy_maillet is a Paintball photographer
jeremy_maillet owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jeremy_maillet plays in the APPA D3 division
well get a UV filter (protect Lens)
2) learn the game, know where to move
3) you have a zoom on the camera (70-200mm) use it, soo you can get some distance soo that you aren't in a middle of a gun fight

Playonpics.com
Eastern CXBL photographer | PSP Profield photographer

1D MarkIII | 7D | 24-70L | 70-200mm f/2.8L | 300mm F/2.8L IS | 85mm f/1.8 | 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye | 580EXII | Computrekker | Other lenses and junk
Old 03-22-2007, 12:43 PM #32
N0SEY (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GooG View Post
you get no cool points... Im new to the photography forums but im not gonna take **** from little pricks that dont have anything better to do.

Also thanks for the info on public shooting!
Damn, I was hoping for the cool points.

You're ballsy, I'll give you that. One thing you need to know about shooting this "sport" is that people will love you one second, hate you the next, then suck you off 5 minutes later. Photographers don't have friends in the sport, just people who want photos.

Don't ask, but don't sell the rights without a waiver. That's a good way to **** yourself.