PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 08:21 AM #1
zac45

Question team

im going to try out for a team and i would like some tips stuff like act professonaly <sp> i have my own gear would like to know stuff that u think and what u did
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-18-2007, 08:31 AM #2
JakDice6879
Getting back into it.

play your best and hardest a hit from a paintball is only temporary thats the problem with people theyre to scared to get shot have a position that you want to play front, back, insert, mid search on your position and learn what your supposed to do.
BUY MY HALOS!!!
Old 03-18-2007, 10:41 AM #3
uber_bunny

uber_bunny is a Supporting Member
Stay tall, play hard, get noticed.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:57 AM #4
extreampb

Quote:
Originally Posted by uber_bunny View Post
Stay tall, play hard, get noticed.
what he said^

also. know what to expect from certian positions. idk how new you are but here is a basic breakdown of each positions role.

Frontman- need to be pretty fast. not be afraid to get shot. not afraid to beat themselves up (ie. diving into the ground) need to be good snapshooters. and be very aware as to whats going on around them.

midmen- play the middle. basically backup and direct the front men. need the same basic skills as a frontman.

backman- need good eyes (not in the gun but in thier head.) need to tell the rest of the team where the other players are becasue they have the best view of the whole field. need to shoot a lot of break. make sure you talk to your teammates. dont be afraid to shoot a crap load of paint. also gotta cover your guys. if you see someone from the other team trying to make a run through on one of your teammates and you get a shot take it dont hasitate also make sure you inform your guy about it when u first see it.
depend how far away the guy is. a runthrough can take 5-15 seconds. so act fast.

SNAKE!!!- more of a sepecialty position. need to have some experience b4 you jump into it. but basics. run fast stay low shoot like crazy and move up. gotta know how its done or you will get bunkered real easy. need to be just like a front man and a back man.

if i left anything out ppl feel free to add it
Old 03-18-2007, 12:47 PM #5
tullyx
Rockin' my blue NXT

Play with soul, play smart. Don't go out and think you own the field, know you own the field, however, stay meek. Sit back, keep quiet but stay friendly. Don't be afraid to move. A lot of guys I have seen, are good players, but they are too stationary. A moving target is harder to hit/track than one that keeps still.
GO H ERD!
Old 03-18-2007, 01:49 PM #6
proto baller 69

good sportsmanship, aviod currsing, do not wipe, i canot tell u how to play or any tips becasue thats my stle of play everyones is different and u need to learn as far as skills and techniques for certain things,.. practice makes perfect, and to act professional, u might want to consider buying a jersey and pants, nice marker ect.. enter some tournies and have fun.. this sport is about having fun and doing wat u love (paintball duh).
Old 03-18-2007, 02:20 PM #7
casualties07

Try your best. If they dont take you, its their fault.
Good luck!
Old 03-18-2007, 04:21 PM #8
zac45

i play rec when i can most time i work im a mid player and thanks for the tips
Old 03-18-2007, 08:36 PM #9
IJustBunkeredU
Gingerlicious

IJustBunkeredU supports Team VICIOUS
IJustBunkeredU plays in the APPA D4 division
IJustBunkeredU has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
IJustBunkeredU has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Have Fun and do your best... Get to know the team members and make friends with them becuase if you dont get on the team at least you will have made some more paintball freinds maybe they might need you in the future.

Main thing is try to be aggresive and make your opponet scared to play you.
Closed Thread