PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-14-2007, 07:21 AM #1
steveschmucker2005
yep, it's a piranha !

New to mags

got a 68. i dont know much about it. i figured out how it works though. i have run piranhas for a long time and am really happy with my evo. will this outshoot the evo? also how do i tell if i have a level 10 bolt. i hear thats what i need. also i was wondering about the grip frame. can i take the gaurd off and get a double trigger? and what grips fit ? lemme know some opinions.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:42 AM #2
Soopa Villain17
rockin a 93 festiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveschmucker2005 View Post
got a 68. i dont know much about it. i figured out how it works though. i have run piranhas for a long time and am really happy with my evo. will this outshoot the evo? also how do i tell if i have a level 10 bolt. i hear thats what i need. also i was wondering about the grip frame. can i take the gaurd off and get a double trigger? and what grips fit ? lemme know some opinions.
you probaly cant outshoot your evo with the classic valve. roll up a dollar bill or piece of paper and stick it in the breach and fire the gun , youll know if you have level ten or not , if you dont you will cut the piece of paper and if you do , nothing will happen. if you have the carbon fiber grip frame than yes you can *cut* the gaurd off and put a double trigger in its place.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:28 AM #3
paintchucker
eliminatION via ...

paintchucker is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soopa Villain17 View Post
if you have the carbon fiber grip frame than yes you can *cut* the gaurd off and put a double trigger in its place.
Please don't hack the trigger guard just to put on a double trigger. That went out of "fad" in 1995 when they introduced good Double Triggered Frames. Many fields consider it an unsafe gun if there is no trigger guard and won't let you use the gun...
Old 03-14-2007, 01:29 PM #4
Soopa Villain17
rockin a 93 festiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintchucker View Post
Please don't hack the trigger guard just to put on a double trigger. That went out of "fad" in 1995 when they introduced good Double Triggered Frames. Many fields consider it an unsafe gun if there is no trigger guard and won't let you use the gun...

if you cant afford an intelli frame or benchmark or anything then why not ? all the fields ive been to dont have a problem with lack of a trigger guard , some guns came from the factory without one , one example is the green spyder special edition.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:15 PM #5
paintchucker
eliminatION via ...

paintchucker is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soopa Villain17 View Post
if you cant afford an intelli frame or benchmark or anything then why not ? all the fields ive been to dont have a problem with lack of a trigger guard , some guns came from the factory without one , one example is the green spyder special edition.
well, if they do it on such high end guns as that then by all means...

NO TRIGGER GUARD = UNSAFE

Last I checked, you could pick up a Benchy Double Trigger frame pretty cheap on AO...

Tournament Question & Answer
with Jim 'Sarge' Rossiter
http://www.paintballtimes.com/tourna...tail.asp?ID=34

Question:
when a double trigger is installed, and that part of the frame is cut off (the triggger gaurd) is it still tournament legal or would I have to purchase a frame that has the space to cover the double trigger?
Submitted by: Angel

Answer:
If you are having a double trigger installed on your marker, you are required to have a trigger guard as well. In 2000 it was mandated that all markers must have functional trigger guards. This is not only a tournament rule but fields are held to this saftey rule as well. If you show up at a field without a functional trigger guard don't be surprised if you are told that you can not play.

Last edited by paintchucker : 03-14-2007 at 03:21 PM.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:26 PM #6
robnix

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveschmucker2005 View Post
Powerlyte Grip Styx $20.00:

http://www.firstcallpaintball.com/pa...bcca047dfee3ca

It's a decent frame. You'll need a bushing for it, but it's an easy fix.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:15 PM #7
Soopa Villain17
rockin a 93 festiva

just buy a new frame , the intellis work great.