Just tell me wut u think!! - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Will the Defiant 2 be remembered years from now?
Yes 9 37.50%
No 15 62.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-12-2007, 09:09 PM #1
portman1

Just tell me wut u think!!

I have a Bob Long Defiant that i love very much! I have seen a few problems but were easily fixed by BLAST...now that i have said that, Why was the defiant such a Flop? Not once have i ever seen another person with one at any of the 4 fields i attend or ever in a tournement...i mean i like having wut others dont, but its not ALWAYS good..
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2007, 09:54 PM #2
PureInsanity
dElish.

i voted yes because all guns will be remembered by someone or another.

if they raised the price by 200 and gave it some necessary things out of the box (locking feedneck, better bolt) it would have taken off.

Play Pump
Old 03-13-2007, 08:35 AM #3
GatoradeA-5
UMS Guerrilla

has been a member for 10 years
Lemme ask you this: Is the Defiant (1) remembered now? Pretty much no - if you show up at a field with one, maybe somebody will know what it is, but most of the people there will be asking you "Is that a funny looking Impulse?" Heck, some of the kiddies these days can't tell what a Classic Timmy is. So no, it won't be remembered, except by the few who remember just about everything anyway. It's just another open-bolt, ram driven stacked tube electro; a solid performer but with no features to really make it stand out in a crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInsanity View Post
if they raised the price by 200 and gave it some necessary things out of the box (locking feedneck, better bolt) and called it the new Timmy it would have taken off.
Sorry, just my opinion - IMO, the D2's reputation as "the low-end Timmy" is what killed it.

Last edited by GatoradeA-5 : 03-13-2007 at 08:38 AM.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:36 AM #4
b_ron
photo

b_ron helped look for balloons
b_ron owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
b_ron is an NCPA player
b_ron plays in the APPA beginner division
imo, its a "Timmy Jr."

i'd still say that it can still rip as good as a timmy

2 days ago, my friend just got his 06 ego and my other friend had a dp fusion. we each shot a pod of crappy whitebox paint. the ego6 and the fusion both has chops and barrel breaks but mine shot w/o chopping/barrel breaks. i'm happy with my defiant if it can shoot better than an ego.

defiants are such underrated guns

| photo |

RIP ABC. It's been a fun 17 threads.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:01 AM #5
Batman 5-0
Wish I was clever

Batman 5-0 plays in the MiLP
Batman 5-0 plays in the APPA D4 division
its an old design plateform why would it take off
Old 03-13-2007, 11:04 AM #6
pballguy89

pballguy89 supports Cereal Killerz 2
pballguy89 donated to help Peyton Trent
pballguy89 helped look for balloons
pballguy89 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman 5-0 View Post
its an old design plateform why would it take off
no. its an alias design platform. which was the newest/most popular timmy at the time the D2 came out.

U.S. Army Fister "Eyes Of Death"

Old 03-13-2007, 12:44 PM #7
portman1

It is almost like company's continuosly try to re-create the impulse but make it smaller....the nerve,defiant,fusion..and they have all been FLOPS
Old 03-13-2007, 12:49 PM #8
hopelessandsic
mynameissprinkle

I'd hate to admit it, but thus far the fusion is doing well in the FASOR category. For a small company, DP isn't doing that bad off thus far.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:10 PM #9
GatoradeA-5
UMS Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by portman1 View Post
It is almost like company's continuosly try to re-create the impulse but make it smaller....the nerve,defiant,fusion..and they have all been FLOPS
Oh yeah, the Ego and Borg have been massive flops too...

And don't forget that an Impy is just a B2k clone at heart.

Commercial success of a gun no longer has anything to do with how good the gun is, because there's not much difference in the performance of mid to high-end guns anymore - it's all about fashion and trendiness.
Old 03-13-2007, 04:17 PM #10
skiier08
IH

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatoradeA-5 View Post
Oh yeah, the Ego and Borg have been massive flops too...

And don't forget that an Impy is just a B2k clone at heart.

Commercial success of a gun no longer has anything to do with how good the gun is, because there's not much difference in the performance of mid to high-end guns anymore - it's all about fashion and trendiness.
QFT....sad but true.

People are too caught up on looks now a days. I hate when people make a big deal out of my DM at the field..i'm like jesus christ dont be afraid of the gun just because you think "DM's pwn all". I just say that its like any other gun, would you like me to put a box over it so you're not afraid to be on the opposing team.

Old Feedback
New Feedback
Old 03-13-2007, 06:16 PM #11
PureInsanity
dElish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatoradeA-5 View Post
Sorry, just my opinion - IMO, the D2's reputation as "the low-end Timmy" is what killed it.
i totally agree. that's why i said if the price was bumped up by a couple bills it would have stuck longer. you either have a cheap toy or a fun investment...with a timmy it's more of an investment (higher price), with the deifant being a cheap toy (lower price). they both work perfectly and with the exception of the ram system, work the same way.

my defiant shot great the whole time i had it, if someone would have told me it cost 600 a year ago, i might have believed it. extremely sturdy, nothing wobbled, shot like butter, quite upgradeable, light, and pretty snazzy looking to boot.

Play Pump
Old 03-14-2007, 07:59 PM #12
blaster44

I doubt that it will be remember when newer and more advanced markers come into play.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:59 PM #13
b_ron
photo

b_ron helped look for balloons
b_ron owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
b_ron is an NCPA player
b_ron plays in the APPA beginner division
only a few people at my field knew what it was. people thought my gun was an Interceptor.

i dont think that the defiant will be completely forgotten because BL only has 3 guns (defiant, timmy, onyx) but there are many branches of the timmy.

| photo |

RIP ABC. It's been a fun 17 threads.
Old 03-18-2007, 01:59 PM #14
bloodgod
God is the bullet!

It just did not have the flair, advertising, and team usage that put other guns in the "lime light". If it just came out now at $400-450, it would do very well and probably be rememberd more! A lot of people are buying the guns in that range. It came at the wrong time and price to put it in the "hall of fame"!

I will still shoot mine, even if its "Hot" or not!

I picked no! For reasons stated above.

My old feedback+22/-0:http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...0#post30200330

Last edited by bloodgod : 03-18-2007 at 09:16 PM.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:02 PM #15
paintball_dude15

i picked no because you can't even buy them at stores anymore well at least the ones that i know of... the only place where i know you can get the new is from boblong...although its a pretty nice gun. and there is newer and better guns coming out. I am going to keep my defiant for this year and next year and upgrade the **** out of it, then sell it.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:32 PM #16
PureInsanity
dElish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_ron View Post
only a few people at my field knew what it was. people thought my gun was an Interceptor.

i dont think that the defiant will be completely forgotten because BL only has 3 guns (defiant, timmy, onyx) but there are many branches of the timmy.
he made cockers a while back.

Play Pump