PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-06-2007, 04:47 PM #64
Evilwombat
Damn noob 2k8er's

Great thread, I've actually enjoyed reading it.
Advertisement
Old 03-06-2007, 05:01 PM #65
wrath_ltd
Bah

that verse is amazing...
thomastaylor #421
Old 03-07-2007, 09:21 AM #66
drefish99
Baby Jesus FTW!!!

Annual Supporting Member
drefish99 is a Mega Moderator
drefish99 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind26 View Post

Jesus Himself came to sum up the Law and to exemplify it for us by dying in substitution for us! Wow! Dre, if ever there was a verse that so touched me it has to be today's.
My fight every day is the sin I may do today is like a crucifiction to my Lord all over again. I know that I am forgiven and through his redemptive blood my wounds are healed.

Isaiah 53:5-6
5 But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,
and by his wounds we are healed.

6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
each of us has turned to his own way;
and the LORD has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.
Romans 6:23
“God never promises to remove us from our struggles. He does promise, however, to change the way we look at them.”-Max Lucado

Well the thing I find most amazing
In amazing grace
Is the chance to give it out
Maybe that's what love is all about

The most he did was die for me, the least I can do is live for him.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:40 AM #67
Mastermind26
We are moons

Mastermind26 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by drefish99 View Post
My fight every day is the sin I may do today is like a crucifiction to my Lord all over again. I know that I am forgiven and through his redemptive blood my wounds are healed.

the iniquity of us all.
Aw man! Now we're going super deep. This passage just speaks volumes. It would be impossible to add to this. The picture it paints is so vivid to me it is frightening. The description of His suffering and the anguish He went through.

Stop and think. He did nothing wrong to deserve death. Yet He suffered. He was beaten. He was spit upon. He had his beard pulled out to expose live flesh. Then hung on a cursed tree and left to die after the torture.

Stop and think. That was supposed to have been you and me paying for our iniquities. Me! Us! The Bible says that He disposed of His glory to become a lowly servant, obedient to the Father to the point of death, now He is in full glory and with it, He has promised to one day return as a triumphant King and Lord (King of kings and Lord of lords)!

What a mighty and loving God we serve! All praise and glory to our Father and His Son Jesus Christ forever and ever! Amen!

Maybe not an addition, but an accompaniment:
Hebrews 12:2-4
2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
3 For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls.
4 You have not yet resisted to bloodshed, striving against sin.

Hebrew 9:11-17
11 But Christ came as High Priest of the good things to come, with the greater and more perfect tabernacle not made with hands, that is, not of this creation.
12 Not with the blood of goats and calves, but with His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption.
13 For if the blood of bulls and goats and the ashes of a heifer, sprinkling the unclean, sanctifies for the purifying of the flesh,
14 how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

15 And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.
16 For where there is a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives.

CK member #04 (???)

Last edited by Mastermind26 : 03-07-2007 at 12:24 PM.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:52 AM #68
Furious_J
bockbock velcrowrapper

Thanks guys for doing this I enjoy reading it.
CK I kneel for Jesus
RL#594

Please support the March of Dimes!
http://www.marchforbabies.org/s_team_page.asp?seid=620728
Old 03-07-2007, 10:17 PM #69
BigPimpin55
Repping Western Ks

BigPimpin55 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:

the iniquity of us all.

We are so unworthy of His love for us. It seems unfathomable how deep His love is. A spotless Lamb died for sinners who never knew Him, yet He know them. Such an awesome Scripture.

CO of Kansas SKO
Thanks to our sponsors: | Valken | SM Tactical | FOXHOLE Paintball store and field | M.N. P.I.R.O.D. | Quantico Tactical

My Guns For Sale: UL'd PMR for sale or Trade for Real Steel Magfed Phenom FS
Christ KREW
Old 03-08-2007, 09:14 AM #70
drefish99
Baby Jesus FTW!!!

Annual Supporting Member
Romans 8:1-4

1Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,
2because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.
3For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in sinful man,
4in order that the righteous requirements of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the sinful nature but according to the Spirit.
“God never promises to remove us from our struggles. He does promise, however, to change the way we look at them.”-Max Lucado

In amazing grace

Old 03-08-2007, 09:31 AM #71
Mastermind26
We are moons

Quote:
Romans 8:1-4

1Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,
2because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.
3For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in sinful man,
4in order that the righteous requirements of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the sinful nature but according to the Spirit.
Ah. I stopped at verse 1, "being in Christ". That one verse sets our eternal hope, fate, life, and purpose. It is unbelievable that some read the Bible and see nothing more than man's writing, when it is so full of God's character, His penmanship, Style if you will.

Our savior Jesus Christ is so Holy that the law that condemned us for lack of perfection was completed in His body once and for all! It was powerless, verse 2 says.

Having obtained victory over the sin that dominates us, he nailed those sins to the cross and gave us a new nature. One that is divine and spiritual and perfect.

"being in Christ" means living in that nature and not returning to our earthly/carnal/fallen/default nature. "being in Christ" means living through His power. "being in Christ" means our undivided attention to worship Him with our bodies.

Now this verse might not seem like it fits, but to me it sums up His attributes (names) and His intent or purpose for coming to rescue us by taking on human form:
Isaiah 9:6 - "For unto us a Child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder. And his name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, MIGHTY GOD, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."

And in the words of the kids song:

What a mighty God we serve
What a mighty God we serve
The angels bow before Him
Heaven and earth adore Him
What a mighty God we serve.

CK member #04 (???)

Last edited by Mastermind26 : 03-08-2007 at 09:42 AM.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:36 AM #72
drefish99
Baby Jesus FTW!!!

Annual Supporting Member
^^^ I couldn't have said it any better. Amen brother Amen!!!

In amazing grace

Old 03-08-2007, 10:35 AM #73
Rev_Shocker
Karnage Factory

Rev_Shocker has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I always read this section, and I immediately think of a courtroom setting. Satan, the accuser of the brethren, pointing out to a holy and righteous God our failings, our sin, our rejection of Him. God declares us guilty as charged, and the sentence for us is death and condemnation. But then Jesus steps in and takes our place, takes our sin nature upon Him, and allows our punishment, our sentence to be carried out upon Him. Even though we are declared in the court of God that we are guilty and sentence has been imposed, we are set free because of the sacrifice of God's Son. We are no longer condemned! Our sins have been pardoned! We are set free! And he whom the Son has set free, is free indeed!

See you in the middle!
Rev. Jason Geer
CPPA #1012
Christ Krew
Ironmen Fan Club #48
Dave Youngblood Fan #21
Aftershock Fan Club #20
Xbox live: SpeciousWhale2
Old 03-08-2007, 10:51 AM #74
Mastermind26
We are moons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev_Shocker View Post
I always read this section, and I immediately think of a courtroom setting. Satan, the accuser of the brethren, pointing out to a holy and righteous God our failings, our sin, our rejection of Him. God declares us guilty as charged, and the sentence for us is death and condemnation. But then Jesus steps in and takes our place, takes our sin nature upon Him, and allows our punishment, our sentence to be carried out upon Him. Even though we are declared in the court of God that we are guilty and sentence has been imposed, we are set free because of the sacrifice of God's Son. We are no longer condemned! Our sins have been pardoned! We are set free! And he whom the Son has set free, is free indeed!

See you in the middle!
Rev. Jason Geer
GREAT analogy!

CK member #04 (???)
Old 03-08-2007, 04:25 PM #75
GhandoTang

As a self confessed non-believer I am very happy to see all of you guys having these well thought out, clear minded conversations. Faith is a beautiful thing and seems to bind all of man kind together. So I am curious. Where does the bible (or the teachings of god) stand on the idea of a man of faith, but with no religion. The lesson that the bible and the word of god teach is a beautiful message. Why does it matter if I believe the story or not. If a man reads a great work of literature, thinking that it is factual, and profits from it, does he loose that profit when later he finds out that the story was fictional. Reading has been a major part of my life for several years. My favorite genre is Fantasy. I have learned lessons from my readings, even knowing when I read them that they were nothing but a story.
To reiterate my point, what does the bible say about those who do not believe, but embrace the teachings? What is the church's current stand? I also realize that saying "The Church" is an awfully broad statement, but if I tried to get anymore specific I would be talking about that which I know nothing. Thanx for getting your voice out there and talking about the things that are important to you.
Orange Sunset Fusion LE #32/50
Elite Ion
BUY MY STUFF
DELRIN F/S/T
Old 03-08-2007, 04:43 PM #76
UniqueMemberOfHK
Get it? It's a joke...

Quote:
I love the song they play on the radio that uses those words to say how unworthy it is. Awesome song, you should hear it.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:47 AM #77
BigPimpin55
Repping Western Ks

BigPimpin55 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueMemberOfHK View Post
I love the song they play on the radio that uses those words to say how unworthy it is. Awesome song, you should hear it.
Heard that song on the way home from work tngiht. Such a moving song.

Rev. Shocker: That's the same analogy I've used in the past. Great one.

CO of Kansas SKO
Thanks to our sponsors: | Valken | SM Tactical | FOXHOLE Paintball store and field | M.N. P.I.R.O.D. | Quantico Tactical

My Guns For Sale: UL'd PMR for sale or Trade for Real Steel Magfed Phenom FS
Christ KREW
Old 03-09-2007, 09:28 AM #78
drefish99
Baby Jesus FTW!!!

Annual Supporting Member

the iniquity of us all.

In amazing grace

Old 03-09-2007, 09:32 AM #79
drefish99
Baby Jesus FTW!!!

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhandoTang View Post
To reiterate my point, what does the bible say about those who do not believe, but embrace the teachings? What is the church's current stand? I also realize that saying "The Church" is an awfully broad statement, but if I tried to get anymore specific I would be talking about that which I know nothing. Thanx for getting your voice out there and talking about the things that are important to you.

My understandings from scripture is Jesus is the way the truth and light. No one comes to the father except through him. John 14:6 There is no salvation in embracing the teachings of the bible. Acceptance of him as your Lord and personal Saviour is the key to your salvation. You can know the book in and out but if you have not Christ in your heart it would be better not to know the book at all.

In amazing grace

Old 03-09-2007, 09:38 AM #80
Mastermind26
We are moons

Quote:

the iniquity of us all.
Already done a couple of days back, but there is so much it bears mentioning again!

I would like to simply post the prior verses to get a scope of the vast grief expressed in this account and experienced by our Savior for our sins:

1 Who has believed our report? And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?
2 For He shall grow up before Him as a tender plant, And as a root out of dry ground. He has no form or comeliness; And when we see Him, There is no beauty that we should desire Him.
3 He is despised and rejected by men, A Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief. And we hid, as it were, our faces from Him; He was despised, and we did not esteem Him.
4 Surely He has borne our griefs And carried our sorrows; Yet we esteemed Him stricken, Smitten by God, and afflicted.

What a description. He was no stranger to grief or pain. He experienced this from both God and man, what courage it must have taken to face it and remain firm in His conviction to glorify God with His life, no matter what.

I read these passages everyday ad I look at my life and I realize I do not deserve any of it. I re-learn this everyday. I do not deserve anything but the payment for my sins, yet Jesus loves me and accepts me.

Our God is the greatest.

CK member #04 (???)
Old 03-11-2007, 05:59 AM #81
patschamps0204 (Banned)

hmm..reminds me how badly i need to go back to church..its been a while.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:42 AM #82
drefish99
Baby Jesus FTW!!!

Annual Supporting Member
1 Timothy 6:10
10For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

In amazing grace

Old 03-12-2007, 10:04 AM #83
Mastermind26
We are moons

Quote:
1 Timothy 6:10
10For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.
Morning Dre,

I have an old T-shirt that reads:

SHOW ME THE
love of
MONEY
and I'll sow you the root of all evil.

Seriously though, loving anything other God causes our faith to wander. This passages makes the clear connection from wandering away from the faith and the afflictions it brings (whether it be debt, greed, etc.). It basically makes money (or the love there of) your god. The Bible is clear, when it says:

Matt. 6:24 - "No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.(money).

CK member #04 (???)
Old 03-12-2007, 10:18 AM #84
wrath_ltd
Bah

i have seen this in some of the adults at my old church...there would be a money problem and instead of giving it up to God for him to give them an answer they abandoned sunday morning service for like four months to work...its kindof like how in the Lords prayer its says "give us this day our daily bread."...if we ask God will give...when the Isrealites were in the desert...didn't he keep them alive for 40 years? so why i ask you would you abandon someone like that....someone who will take care of you no matter what...
thomastaylor #421