Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-11-2007, 06:36 PM #43
1ryan1

thanks all. right now i dont have PS. but once i do i will learn it so i can do the things you mentioned. im looking at photography as more of a hobby. im not looking to go to school for it. but im gonna take into consideration all the good and bad things you guys said and try working with the camera. im gonna change settings around. and i dont want to keep reffering to my equipment, but the camera i use only has a 3.0 zoom. so its not far so im not able to capture pics from far away. i have to get somewhat close.

thanks again, and any more tips will help im going to try and get pictures next weekend of paintball. but in the mean time i may try to get random pics around here and edit them so they look good. thanks again
Old 03-11-2007, 07:20 PM #44
elTwitcho

has been a member for 10 years
Turn up the contrast in camera then

A Haiku about Life - By Secret Asian Man
twitch slaps me around
he likes to make me his *****
Because of small cock
Old 03-11-2007, 07:26 PM #45
Kali4nYa (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [702] NO$EY View Post
No, they all suck. Don't blame your equipment either. Blame yourself.

You have failed.
jesus.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:26 PM #46
JcKa
post-Hipster

Hey look, it's mother ****ing will rogaz
Old 03-11-2007, 07:29 PM #47
Invisionpaintball
570 Fellas

what do you use to host your pictures on here?
Old 03-11-2007, 08:50 PM #48
1ryan1

JcKa- yea you know him?

i use photobucket to upload/host pics

alright. i read the manual, got a little more fluent with photgraphy talk. i have the ISO set on highest sensitivity(1000) i changed the the WB(white balance) from auto to incandescent. i changed the image brightness(EV)(adjusting exposure). then turned on macro for shooting upclose.

here are a few pictures i took randomly around the house. isnt suppose to be anything special but i wanted to test the new settings out and try some of the tips you guys gave me. i took these straight from the memory stick. they have not been photoshopped, so they are still kinda dark, i know i need to work on that. but anyways check em out and tell me something new:

^this one is kinda bad, i know

^i like that one a lot

i just realized i changed something that i shouldnt have. they seem a lot darker/blurry on here then they do on the camera. and im pretty sure its because i changed the image size which messed with the pixels?
Old 03-11-2007, 08:54 PM #49
Rock Force
lolwut

Rock Force is a Supporting Member
They're not interesting. At all.

Work on finding interesting subjects and actually learn what the settings you're messing with do, and then come back here.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:54 PM #50
JcKa
post-Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ryan1 View Post
JcKa- yea you know him?
Everyone knows Will Rogaz

My name iza Jack, what is your name? Are you with BL or...?
Old 03-11-2007, 08:58 PM #51
1ryan1

Rock Force- i understand that. but i only wanted everyones thoughts about the frame and how the picis taken, not the subject. but could you give me an interesting subject to shoot that is around the house?

JcKa- i play at 40. im ryan. ive been asked to play with BL, but i havent made a decision
Old 03-11-2007, 08:59 PM #52
ScareKrow
Vultures of Culture

ScareKrow owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Leave your house.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:12 PM #53
JcKa
post-Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ryan1 View Post
JcKa- i play at 40. im ryan. ive been asked to play with BL, but i havent made a decision

Bah, I'll make it for you, join! I know you don't need me to tell you this, but you'll really enjoy playing with 'em. Good luck in what you do, and the pictures were nice.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:20 PM #54
1ryan1

ScareKrow- get pics of outside things? like i said didnt go to the field today, woke up late.

JcKa- ive guested with them and play with them all the time, just am not tied down to just them. i will be playing gpl with them this year though
Old 03-11-2007, 09:21 PM #55
ScareKrow
Vultures of Culture

ScareKrow owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
There are more things to take pictures of than sinks and paintball. There is a world out there.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:23 PM #56
1ryan1

ScareKrow- i get what your saying. ill try and see what i can come up with. thanks
Old 03-11-2007, 09:26 PM #57
elTwitcho

Turn up the contrast in camera

A Haiku about Life - By Secret Asian Man
twitch slaps me around
he likes to make me his *****
Because of small cock
Old 03-11-2007, 09:56 PM #58
cowkid90
:\

Quote:
Originally Posted by elTwitcho View Post
I don't know that hyper saturated reds really help the image. Some parts are oversaturated and the bunkers shouldn't be the thing your attention focusses on.

I tried a very quick and very simple curves adjustment and got really nice results, it only took me 20 seconds and the photo was alot better as a result. Postprocessing is definately something you'll need to add to your repertoire
Eh, I thought it was a bit much, but it did pop a it better too, so I just left it how I first did it, didn't feel like spending much time. Point is, a little PP can really change an image, and I just wanted to show that.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:13 PM #59
jeremy_maillet

jeremy_maillet is a Paintball photographer
jeremy_maillet owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jeremy_maillet plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScareKrow View Post
There are more things to take pictures of than sinks and paintball. There is a world out there.
LMAO there is? thats crazy thinking... I love my sink lol

1D MarkIII | 7D | 24-70L | 70-200mm f/2.8L | 300mm F/2.8L IS | 85mm f/1.8 | 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye | 580EXII | Computrekker | Other lenses and junk
Old 03-11-2007, 11:15 PM #60
streetspirit

I have some better advice...
instead of putting each of your trials on a forum, take a look through a photography book filled with great pictures.

It's going to take us forever to tell you whats wrong with them because there's so much to say. No offense, but being new, most of it will fly right over your head anyway.

Usually itll go like this.

Grab a camera, take pictures of plungers, blenders, a windchime (though this may not be a bad subject) and generally get flamed or brushed off because just about everyone who grabs a camera can do this.

Sometimes the pictures are actually correctly exposed. If so, you'll usually move onto the next stage.

Here's where you learn DOF. You take pictures with the "blurred effect" which is used in many professional portrait photos. Instead of people, sometimes people take pictures of lone doorknobs or soda cans, and other times missing focus completely due to the shallow DOF.

At this point Black & White = desaturation in PS.

After this you'll do a lot of long exposure photography, or if you happen to be shooting at night when you first pick up a camera, jump right to this stage. Headlights streaming from each corners of the frame are popular subjects.

I think the best thing you could ask yourself is "Why am I posting this picture?"
Old 03-12-2007, 01:49 PM #61
1ryan1

alright cool. im not really looking to make photgraphy my actual career though. right now its just a hobby. but im going to test some things out and try getting good shots over the weekend when i have some time
Old 03-13-2007, 12:51 AM #62
Army_of_Orr
OG PhotoMob

Army_of_Orr is a Paintball photographer
even if it's just a hobby you shoiudl still try, if you don't try then don't bother
Old 03-13-2007, 01:32 PM #63
1ryan1

yea, im not saying im not going to try. because i am this weekend when i am out of work/school.